NORAD FELLOWSHIPS (NORWEGIAN GOVT SCHOLARSHIP)
M.Phil in Social Change, Specialising in Geography: (Duration 4 semesters starting in the month of August). Place of Study: Norwegian University of Science & Technology. Admission Requirements: Candidates should have at least a BA in other Social Sciences with similar percentage of marks might also be considered for admission, if their first degree includes some subjects within the field of Geography. Candidates must pass an English proficiency test (TOFEL), min. score 550 or IELTS. Min 6.0). Age: Between 25-35 years as on a date of August.
M.Phil in Health Sciences (International Health): (Duration two academic years (4 semesters), starting in the month of August, of which the theoretical training lasts one year and the final year consists of research and preparation of thesis). Place of Study: Centre for International Health, University of Bergen . Admission Requirements: Candidates should be graduates with 60% marks in aggregate, from school of medicine or dentistry, or from disciplines such as public health, nursing, human nutrition, human biology, medical technology, pharmacy and social and behavioural sciences and international health. Age: Between 25-35 years as on a date of August.
M.Phil in Public Administration and Organisation Theory. (Duration four semesters of study starting the month of August and two months of field work). Place of Study: Department of Administration and Organisation Theory, University of Bergen . Admission Requirements: Candidates must have a University degree based on either- (a) three year of studies or more from a recognised non-Norwegian University, or (b) Bachelor, Cand. mag. degree or comparable degree recognized by the academic Collegium at the University of Bergen . Candidates should have 60% or more marks in aggregate in their degree. Age: Between 25-35 years as on a date of August.
M.Phil in Comparative and International Education: Duration two year (4 semesters) full time studies. Starting in the month of August. Place of Study: University of Oslo . Admission Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 60% or more marks in aggregate (at least three years beyond the Norwegian minimum requirements for matriculation) is required. Age: Between 25-35 years as on a date of August.
M.Phil in International Community Health: (Duration two year (4 semesters, full-time studies) starting in the month of August. Place of Study: Institute for General Practice and Community Medicine, University of Oslo . Admission Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 60% or more marks in aggregate (at least thee years beyond the Norwegian minimum requirements for matriculation) is required. English Language skills documented by either TOFEL test (min. 550 points) or IELTS band 6.0. Age: Between 25-35 years as on a date of August.
M.Phil in International Fisheries Management: (Duration 4 terms, starting in August every year). Place of Study: Norwegian College of Fishery Science, University of Tromso . Admission Requirements: Candidates should have at least a Bachelor of Science, or Bachelor of Arts of Cand. Mag. degree or equivalent with 60% or more marks in aggregate with/in Biology/Ecology and/or Economics/Organisation/Law. They must have knowledge of Mathematics and Statistics corresponding to the University’s introducing courses in these subjects. Age: Between 25-35 years as on a date of August.
M.Phil in Gender and Development: (Duration 4 tems/22 months starting from August). Place of Study: Faculty of Arts, University of Bergen . Admission Requirements: Candidates must have a Bachelor degree or its equivalent with atleast 60% marks including a concentration of course work corresponding to gender and/or development issues. Age: Between 25-35 years as on a date in August.
M.Phil and Social Anthropology (with emphasis on Human Ecology): (Duration two years/four semesters starting from August). Place of Study: Department of Social Anthropology, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Bergen . Admission Requirement: Candidates must have atleast Bachelor of Arts in Social Anthropology/Sociology with atleast 60% in aggregate. Age: 25-37 years as on a date in August.
M.Phil in Special Needs Education: (Duration two years/22 months, from mid August). Place of Study: Department of Special Needs Education, Faculty of Education, University of Oslo . Admission Requirement: A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with atleast 60% in Special Needs Education or other relevant subject or A qualified teacher’s training certificate followed by a minimum of one year’s full time university of college study in Special needs Education. Age: 25-35 years as on a date in August.
Other Admission Requirements: In addition to the specific requirements mentioned in respective courses, the applicants must fulfill the following general admission requirements:
- Institution context and professional background: The Fellowship Programme targets personnel employed or formally linked up to public institutions, non-governmental employed or formally linked up to public institutions, non-governmental institutions, private sector enterprises, universities and research who in the future will benefit from further education in order to strengthen the performance of their respective institutions. The Course(s) in question must be relevant from the perspective of the institution’s strategic human resource planning to improve its capacity and management and the applicant must document the potential for applying skills obtained at the course within the institution in which she or he is employed or associated and a recommendation letter from the employer must be produced.
- Experience: Relevant professional experience of 2-3 years is required. As on a date of October/November. (iii) Candidates must have good working knowledge of English. The copies of test result of TOFEL/IELTS should be attached with the applications, if already qualification. (Minimum Score to be mentioned). Where no scores has been prescribed for specific course, the minimum scores will be 500 for TOEFL and 5.0 for IELTS. Applicants with a B.Sc degree where the medium of instruction is English, or who have passed English as a subject at A level with grade C or better are exempted from the examination.
- Fellowship Allowances: SIU (Centre for International University Co-operation) will pay a return air ticket from the fellow’s home country. A monthly allowance sufficient to cover food, rent and other ordinary living expenses will be paid by the middle of each month. An installation allowance, equivalent to half a monthly fellowship allowance, will e provided for deposit at the Student Campus, for warm clothing and extraordinary expenses. Supplementary clothing must be covered from the regular monthly fellowship allowance. While in Norway Fellows attending the international courses are insured against major costs of medical attention through the Norwegian National Health Insurance Scheme (Dental care is not included). SIU covers accident and life insurance for all course participants. During the fellow’s stay in Norway , SIU does not cover insurance against theft; etc. When traveling outside Norway , the fellow is not covered by SIU financed insurance. SIU does not take responsibility for accidents or for the loss of the fellow’s luggage or personal possessions on the journey to and from Norway . The fellow is, therefore, advised to take out insurance before leaving his/her home country.
Notes: Each Application Must Consist of the Following Documents in English:
- Two copies of certified transcripts/lists of examination records and certificates and copies of Diploma.
- Two copies of English Language Certificates.
- Two copies of a valid medical certificate from the home country.
- Two copies of Leave of Absence letter from the employer.
- Two copies of a short presentation of the organization/institution in which he/she is employed.
- Two copies of pages from the passport (or an official identification card issued from the government authorities) with applicant’s present name. This name must be used in all documents.
- Candidates who have already been abroad for study/specialization/training for more than 6 months on a scholarship or at their own are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least 2 consecutive years after their return from abroad. However, the scholars who have proceeded under the scheme of Scholarships for Study Abroad before 1991 have to complete 5 years stay in India on their return from abroad before applying for the scholarship.
- Selected candidates will be required to execute a bond with surety, to return to India immediately on completion of training along with other conditions including stay in India for two years.
- Mere fulfillment of minimum requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for interview. Interview letters are sent only to a limited number of candidates after their applications are examined by a Committee of Experts.
- While indicating the period of past experience and stay abroad candidates should mention the specific dates.
- Applications in subject fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered. Further, a candidate can apply for one subject only.
- Candidates who do not possess the essential qualifications need not apply.
- Incomplete applications and applications received later after the stipulated date will not be considered and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Documents submitted along with the applications will not be returned. Hence, candidates are advised to sent only attested copies of the certificates.
- The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final. No representations in this regard will be entertained.
- Mere nomination of a candidate by Government of India does not guarantee final selection or placement in the donor country. The donor country will make its own selection from among the nominees recommended.
- Experience will be counted from the last date prescribed for submission of completed application form.
- Candidates who are employed must route their applications through their employer,
- Candidates would apply for the above Fellowship/Scholarship on a plain paper with a recent passport size photograph, furnishing the details/particulars indicated in the accompanying format to the Selection Officer, Ministry of Human Resources Development (Department of Secondary Education & Higher Education) Scholarship Division (ES. 5 Section), A-1/W-3, Curzon Road Barracks, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi-110001 by a date of November.
N.B. No applications forms are supplied by this Ministry.
Formats of application and the undertaking are published along with the advertisement.
Notification is issued in the month of October.
Also See : Scholarships 2018