ICAR International Fellowships Programme 2017

Indian Council of Agricultural Research notifies Netaji Subhas –ICAR International Fellowships 2017

Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) invites applications from the Indian as well as overseas nationals having Master’s degree in Agriculture and Allied Sciences for the "Netaji Subhas - ICAR International Fellowships (NS ICAR IFs)" for the year 2017-18

Objectives
In its continued efforts towards enhancing and sustaining the standards, quality and relevance of higher agricultural education in the country, the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) here-in-after, referred as the Council, has instituted International Fellowships with dual purpose of (i) human resource development in cutting edge technologies, and (ii) demonstrating the strength of Indian agricultural system abroad

Areas of Study
Crop Sciences; Horticulture; Biotechnology and Nanotechnology; Animal Sciences; Natural Resource Management; Agricultural Engineering and Fisheries

Duration of the ICAR Fellowships: 3 years will be available

Number of fellowship: Number of fellowships available every year for a Program leading to PhD degree under this scheme will be thirty (30); the allocation of fellowships between Indian and Overseas candidates will depend upon the availability of good candidates in the identified priority areas

Fellowship Details

Indian fellows going abroad will receive US $ 2,000/- per month and US $ 1,000/- per year as lump-sum payments towards contingent and preparatory expenses

Overseas fellows in India will receive Rs 40,000/- per month and Rs 25,000/- per year as lump-sum payments towards contingent and preparatory expenses

Bench Fee - The institutional bench fee prescribed by the Institute/University where the admission has been sought restricted to 25% of the total amount will be reimbursed by the ICAR, while the remaining 75% has to be borne by the candidates availing International Fellowships

ICAR International Fellowships 2017 Eligibility

Candidates should have Master's degree in Agriculture/Allied Sciences with an Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) 6.60 out of 10.0 or 65% marks or equivalent will be the eligibility requirement for the NS-ICAR Ifs

Age Limit

The fresh candidates should not be more than 35 years of age on the last date prescribed for receipt of applications; the Upper age limit for in-service candidates will be 40 years on the last date for receipt of applications

Medical Fitness

Selected fellow would be required to get his/ her medical fitness test and medical insurance done at his/her own cost.

Application Procedure

Candidates can download the application form from the website www.icar.org.in

Applications for NS-ICAR IFs will be invited on annual basis through announcements published in Indian national newspapers and the notification on ICAR website www.icar.org.in. Indian diplomatic missions in foreign countries will also be informed through e-mails

Candidates should submit the duly filled in application form (2 hard copies by post and One Soft copy online) to "The Assistant Director General (EQR), Education Division, ICAR, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan II, Pusa", New Delhi-10012 (Email: adgeqricar@gmail.com)

Payment of Fee

The fellow himself out of the fellowship grant or from his / her own resources will pay all fees chargeable by the host institution where the fellow is enrolled

Applications for NS-ICAR IFs will be invited on annual basis through announcements published in Indian National Newspapers and the notification on ICAR website www.icar.org.in

NS-ICAR IFs 2017 Important Dates

Last Date for Receipt of application in the ICAR is 15th June 2017

Indian Council of Agricultural Research

(Education Division), The Assistant Director General (EQR), Education Division, ICAR, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan II, Pusa, New Delhi-110012, Email: adgeqricar@gmail.com, Website www.icar.org

For any query,  candidates are requested to check the official website  .

Click here or more Scholarships.

For more details, follow SuccessCDs(FacebookGoogle PlusTwitter)