Tata Innovation Fellowship 2019-20 Notification
Tata Innovation Fellowship 2019-20 – Applications are invited for “Tata Innovation Fellowship,” a highly competitive scheme instituted by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India to recognize and reward scientists with outstanding track record in Biological sciences/Biotechnology to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture, environment and other allied areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
Also See : Scholarships
- The scheme is aimed at rewarding interdisciplinary work where major emphasis is on innovation and translational research with a potential towards commercialization
Nature of Support
- The amount of the fellowship is Rs. 25,000/- per month in addition to regular salary from the host institute. If an awardee is receiving salary from an international organization, he/she will be entitled for research grant i.e. contingency only.
- In addition, each Fellow will receive a contingency grant of Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum for meeting the expenses on consumables, equipment, international and domestic travel, manpower and other contingent expenditure to be
Number of Fellowship: Five per year
Duration of Fellowship: Three years, extendable further by two years on a fresh appraisal
Eligibility Criteria for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2019-20
- The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals residing in India who are below the age of 55 years as 31st December 2019. The fellowship is co-terminus with the superannuation of fellow in his/her organization.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology/ related areas. The applicant must have outstanding contribution and publication in the specific area.
- The candidate must have a regular and permanent position in a University/Institute/Organization and should be engaged in research and development. If he/she is availing any other fellowship, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
- The applicant should have spent at least 5 years in India before applying for the fellowship.
- Evidence of outstanding track record and a deep commitment to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
Tata Innovation Fellowship 2019-20 Application Process
- For application format and submission details, please visit DBT website (http://www.dbtindia.gov.in)
- Application (2 hard copies) duly forwarded by the competent authority of the host Institute should be sent to Dr. Kakali Dey Dasgupta, Scientist “É”, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Room No.729, 7th Floor, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110003, not later than December 31, 2019.
- Soft copy of application in the prescribed proforma should be mandatorily submitted online through DBT ePromis portal (url: http://www.dbtepromis.gov.in or http://www.dbtepromis.nic.in ) on or before 31st December, 2019.
Tata Innovation Fellowship 2019-20 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Filled-in-Application Form is 31st December 2019
Government of India
Tata Innovation, Govt. of India, Dept. of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003, Website www.dbtindia.nic.in