Tamil Nadu MGR Medical University M.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 Notification
Tamil Nadu MGR Medical University announces M.Sc Nursing Admission 2019
Tamilnadu MGR Medical University MSc Nursing Admission 2019 - Application for admission to M.Sc. (Nursing) Course 2019-20 Session in Tamil Nadu Government Medical Colleges & Government Seats in Self-financing Medical Colleges affiliated to the Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University
No. of Seats
- 5% of the total number of seats available in Government Medical Institutions are reserved for the Person with disabilities
- Candidates with disabilities of 40-80 % may be considered eligible.
- Candidates with more than 80% disabilities - NOT ELIGIBLE for reservation.
- Candidates with less than 40% disabilities -NOT ELIGIBLE for reservation
Tamilnadu MGR Medical University MSc Nursing Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Date of Notification 06th October 2019
- Commencement of online application 07th October 2019
- Last Date for online application 15th October 2019
- Last Date for receipt of Print out of online application 16th October2019 upto 4:45 PM
Eligibility Criteria for Tamilnadu MGR Medical University MSc Nursing Admission 2019
- Candidates seeking admission to the M.Sc (Nursing) Course should be citizens of India and natives of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity who have completed B.Sc (Nursing) in other States should furnish a certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu issued by the competent authority only and supported by a copy of Passport/ Ration Card / Voter’s ID /Driving License. If the copy of the supporting document is not submitted, then the application form will be rejected.
- Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected. Candidates should possess a B.Sc Nursing Degree awarded by the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University or any other University recognized as Equivalent thereto by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University / Indian Nursing Council. Candidates who have qualified from other universities should obtain and produce an Eligibility
- Certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for selection. Candidates seeking admission to the M.Sc (Nursing) course should have obtained not less than 55%(50% for SC/ST candidates) of the total marks obtained in all semesters taken together in the B.Sc., (Nursing) Degree Course. In case of failure (s) the pass marks in the subsequent attempt(s) shall be taken for calculation purpose. Number of attempts are not considered for calculation of marks.
- A candidate who has already completed or acquired a M.Sc (Nursing) in any specialty or who is undergoing a M.Sc (Nursing) in any speciality is not eligible to apply for any other specialty in M.Sc (Nursing) course.
- Candidates who have discontinued the course after the cutoff date fixed by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. University (31.10.2019) are not eligible to apply for two subsequent academic years from the date of discontinuance of the course.B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates should have one year of experience after Basic B.Sc (Nursing) or one year of experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc (Nursing) in any teaching Hospital / Nursing College / School of Nursing / Community Health Centres from the date of Registration (from the date of receipt of the acknowledgement of registration of Nurses and Midwives Council) in any of the
- State Councils in the country. Fractional Values will not be accounted. The following categories of B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates will be treated as Service candidates for selection under the seats reserved exclusively for service candidates. B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates who are serving in Tamil Nadu Government under the control of the Directorate of Medical Education/ Directorate of Public Health and Preventive Medicine/ Directorate of Medical and Rural Health Services and Directorate of Medical and Rural Health Services (ESI) on a regular basis and who have completed two years of service as on 31.08.2019. B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates who are serving in local bodies on a regular basis and who have completed 2 years of service as on 31.08.2019.The following categories of B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates will be considered for selection as non – service candidates only B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates who are serving in Govt. of India institutions in Tamil Nadu /Public Sector undertaking and organization under the control of Government of India in Tamil Nadu. B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates who are serving purely on temporary basis in Tamil Nadu Medical Service / Local bodies
- The Selection will be made by, counselling based on merit and by applying the Rule of Reservation / Roster method followed by the Government of Tamil Nadu wherever applicable. Roster method of rule of reservation will be followed if the seats are more than 1 and less than 8 in each branch as per G.O. Dept. of Government of Tamil Nadu
- Open Competition - 31%
- Backward Class - 30%
- Most Backward/ Denotified - 20%
- Scheduled Caste - 18%
- Scheduled Tribe - 1%
- Within the 30% reservation for Backward Classes 3.5% reservation will be provided for Muslims and 16% of seats out of 18% Quota earmarked to Scheduled Caste Arunthathiyar Community.
- 50% of seats in each specialty and in each college are reserved for service candidates, in addition to those service candidates selected in the open category. In case an odd number seat remains in any speciality in the total seats sanctioned for that specialist, that seat shall be filled by merit and communal reservation
- The odd seat stated above is referable to each speciality and not to each college
- Government Colleges (Rs. per annum) - Rs.5000/-
- Self-financing Colleges (Rs. per annum) - Rs.50000/-
- Fee for 2019-20 will be fixed by the fee Committee and will be informed. Special fees and other fees are to be paid at the time of admission in respective colleges.
- Any change or modification and relevant information pertaining to this admission process will be made available immediately on the websites. (1) www.tnhealth.org, (2) www.tnmedicalselection.org.
Tamilnadu MGR Medical University MSc Nursing Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application for admission to M.Sc (Nursing) course 2019-2020 session in Tamil Nadu Government Medical Colleges, Government seats in Self financing Medical Colleges affiliated to the Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University will be available in websites www.tnhealth.org / www.tnmedicalselection.org
- Candidates are advised to read the prospectus carefully before filling the application and ensure that no mandatory column is left blank. In the event of rejection of the application form, no correspondence /request for reconsideration will be entertained.
- Any change or modification and relevant information pertaining to this admission process will be made available on the websites www.tnhealth.org / www.tnmedicalselection.org
- SC/SCA/ST Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity are exempted from application fee
Govt. of Tamilnadu
Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, No..162, Periyar E.V.R. High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai-600010, Phone No: 044-28361674, Websites www.tnhealth.org /www.tnmedicalselection.org
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here