Tamil Nadu M.Pharma Entrance Exam 2018 - Application, Dates
Tamil Nadu M. Pharma Entrance Exam for Admission to Postgraduate M. Pharmacy Course 2018-19
Tamil Nadu M.Pharma Entrance Exam 2018 - Tamil Nadu Government Medical College invites applications for admission to Postgraduate M.Pharmacy Course for the academic year 2018-19 in Tamil Nadu Government Medical Colleges, Government Seats in Self-financing Medical Colleges affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University.
The admissions will be made on the basis of Tamil Nadu Post Graduate Entrance Exam 2018.
Check out - PG Medical Entrance Exam Question Bank CD for Practice - Buy Now !
Also See : PG Medical Entrance Exam
Important Dates for Tamil Nadu M.Pharma Entrance Exam 2018
- Date of Notification: 19th September 2018
- Commencement for downloading Application: 19th September 2018
- Last Date for downloading Application: 30th September 2018 upto 5.00 PM
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: 01st October 2018 upto 05.00 PM
- Date of Entrance Exam: 07th October 2018, 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
Also See : M.Pharma Admissions
Eligibility Criteria for M.Pharma
- Candidates seeking admission to the M.Pharmacy Course should be citizen of India and Natives of Tamil Nadu
- Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity who have completed B. Pharmacy in other States should furnish a certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu issued by the competent authority only and supported by a copy of Passport/ Ration Card/Voter’s ID/Driving License. If the copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application form will be rejected
- Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected
- Candidates should possess a B.Pharmacy Degree awarded by The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University or any other University recognized as Equivalent thereto by The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University / Pharmacy Council of India. Candidates who have qualified from other universities should obtain and produce an Eligibility Certificate from The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University at the time of admission, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- Candidates seeking admission to the M.Pharmacy course should have obtained not less than 55% for OC, BC, BCM, MBC and 50% for SC, SCA and ST of the total marks obtained in all semester a subject marks taken together in the B.Pharmacy Course. In case of failure (s) the pass marks in the subsequent (attempts) shall be taken for calculation purpose. Number of attempts is not considered for calculation of marks
- A candidate who has already completed or acquired a Postgraduate Degree in any branch of M.Pharmacy course or is undergoing a Postgraduate course in any branch of M.Pharmacy is not eligible to apply for any other branch in M.Pharmacy course. Candidates who have discontinued a course on any grounds after the cut off date fixed by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University are not eligible to apply for two years from the date of appearance for the entrance exam
- B.Pharm., graduates who are approved probationers serving in local bodies who have completed 2 years of service as on 30th April 2018
Method of Selection & Admission
- Seats will be distributed equally among service and open quota in the order of merit
- The Selection will be made by counseling based on Merit and by applying the Rule of Reservation /Roster method followed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu wherever applicable. The rule of reservation shall be as follows:
- Open Competition-31%
- Backward Class-30%
- Most Backward/Denotified-20%
- Scheduled Caste-18%
- Scheduled Tribe-1%
- Within the 30% reservation for Backward Classes 3.5% reservation will be provided for Muslims and 16% of seats out of 18% Quota earmarked to SC Scheduled Caste Arunthathiyar Community
- 50% of seats in each branch and in each college are reserved for service candidates, in addition to those for service candidates selected in the open category
Scheme of Entrance Exam
- Candidates seeking admission should write the Tamil Nadu Post Graduate M.Pharmacy Course Entrance Exam conducted by the Selection Committee
- The Entrance Exam will be of the undergraduate level covering all subjects and will contain 125 objective type questions each with four responses (A, B, C, D) in English
- Each question will carry 1 (one) Mark; there will be no negative mark for incorrect responses; zero mark will be given for questions not answered; the maximum marks will be computed to 90
Declaration of Results
- The Individual Entrance Exam marks for 90 will be displayed on the websites www.tnhealth.org and www.tnmedicalselection.org.
- The merit list will be drawn for a total mark of 100 by computing the entrance exam marks and the marks for experience (90 marks for entrance exam + 10 marks for experience including marks for hilly areas)
- One mark for each completed year of experience as on 30th April 2018 which is calculated from the last date of the month of passing B.Pharm Degree Exam, subject to a maximum of 10 marks shall be awarded as experience mark for both Service and Non Service candidates
Application Form for Tamil Nadu M.Pharma Entrance Exam 2018
- Application for admission to M.Pharm Course 2018-19 session in Tamil Nadu Government Medical Colleges, Government Seats in Self-financing Medical Colleges affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University can be downloaded from websites www.tnhealth.org / www.tnmedialselection.org
- Submission of application forms through online process only; applications submitted through online shall be considered, only after receiving the printout of online entry with necessary copies of certificates (duly attested passport size photograph to be pasted on the space provided)
- Application with necessary enclosures to be sent in a large sized cover measuring 38 cm X 28 cm superscribed "APPLICATION FOR M.PHARM COURSE 2018-2019 SESSION" to the Secretary, Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, Kilpauk, Chennai-600010 before the last date along with a DD for Rs.1000/- towards the cost of application form
- All candidates attending the counseling for M.Pharmacy Course will have to remit a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/- by means of DD drawn in favour of the Secretary, Selection Committee as processing fee
Tamil Nadu Govt. /Self-Financing Institutions
Tamil Nadu Govt. /Self-Financing Institutions affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, DME, Selection Committee, #162, Periyar E.V.R. High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai-600010, Phone No.: 044-28361674, Websites www.tnhealth.org and www.tnmedicalselection.org.