NEIGRIHMS M.Sc Nursing Program Admission 2019, Dates, Application
NEIGRIHMS Shillong announces Admission to MSc. Nursing Program 2019 through Entrance Exam
NEIGRIHMS M.Sc. Nursing Admission 2019 – Applications are invited in the prescribed format from aspiring candidates for admission into the M.Sc. (Nursing) Course at College of Nursing, North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong (affiliated to North Eastern Hill University, Shillong (NEHU, Meghalaya) for the session 2019-20.
- The North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong is an autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India 1987 under the Meghalaya Registration Act 1983. The Institute has been projected on a modular system on four pillars of health programmes in our country so as to develop.
- The aim of the postgraduate program in nursing is to prepare graduates to take up leadership positions and assume responsibilities as nurse specialists, consultants, education, administrators in a wide variety of professional settings.
M. Sc. Nursing
- M.Sc. Nursing is a Master of Nursing Degree Program of two (2) years, leading to the award of a Degree of Master of Science in Nursing.
- The Program is designed to help the graduates acquire a broad-based knowledge and to become highly competent professionals who can function as skilled practitioners in different hospital and community settings.
Duration of the Course: 2 years Course
- The Course is affiliated to North Eastern Hill University (NEHU)
Total No. of Seats
- 07 (Seven) seats annually which are likely to be increased.
See: MSc Admission 2019
NEIGRIHMS M.Sc. Nursing Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online Registration of Applications on NEIGRIHMS website: 19th July 2019
- Online Registration of Applications closes on: 18th August 2019
- Availability of admit cards on Institute’s website: 23rd August 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination: 14th September 2019 (02:00PM to 05:00PM)
- Expected date of the Results of the entrance test: Within 72 Hours of the conclusion of the entrance test
- Date of Counseling: 26th September 2019
- Commencement of the Session: 3rd October 2019
Eligibility Criteria for NEIGRIHMS M.Sc. Nursing Admission 2019
- Candidates should have the minimum qualification of B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/B.Sc. Nursing/ Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing from an Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council with a minimum of 55 % aggregate marks.
- Candidates should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Council.
- B.Sc. Nursing graduates should have at least one year of experience in a Hospital or in a College or School of Nursing or in Community Health setting/ programme after registration in the State Nursing Council.
- Candidates should submit their experience certificate along with their application form. Bonafide students of College of Nursing, NEIGRIHMS (irrespective of domicile state) are eligible for admission to the seats reserved for students passing B.Sc. Nursing from College of Nursing, NEIGRIHMS.
- Candidates with Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing should have at least a minimum of one year work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Candidates with Post Basic B.Sc. (N) degree through distance education (IGNOU) may be considered only if the study centre is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
- Internal candidates from NEIGRIHMS should be registered with the Meghalaya State Nursing Council.
- Male candidates who did not opt for Midwifery in the B.Sc. Nursing course should have qualified in any other subjects as recommended by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of Midwifery. Only those candidates who have studied Midwifery are eligible for admission to Obstetric and Gynecological Nursing and Community Health Nursing specialty.
- Candidates shall be medically fit.
- Candidates who fail to meet the minimum essential eligibility criteria. Candidates who fail to obtain the minimum stipulated marks in the qualifying examination (B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / B.Sc. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. (Nursing).
- Faulty submission and incomplete details in the online Application Forms or nonreceipt of Examination Fee will be rejected.
- The selection of candidates will be made strictly in order of merit of the candidates on the basis of marks obtained in the online/ offline entrance examination.
- Merit list will be prepared for each category of candidate viz.
- (a) General; (b) Candidates who have qualified B.Sc. Nursing course from NEIGRIHMS; (c) Internal Candidates.
- In the matter of selection, the decision of the Director, NEIGRIHMS, Shillong, shall be final.
- The online Entrance Examination for admission to the M. Sc. Nursing Course will be conducted in Shillong Centre only.
Entrance / Selection Test
- Entrance examination will be conducted by NEIGRIHMS. All questions will be of objective type and in English language on the following subjects as detailed under:
- Question paper will consist of 200 questions of objective type with a single
- correct response out of four options. Each answer with correct response shall be awarded 1 (one) mark. For each wrong response 0.25 marks will be deducted and Zero (0) marks will be awarded for the questions not answered. If more than one answer indicated against a question, it will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
- Medical Surgical Nursing – 35 Questions & 35 marks
- Community Health Nursing – 35 Questions & 35 marks
- Obstetric Nursing – 35 Questions & 35 marks
- Child Health Nursing – 35 Questions & 35 marks
- Mental Health Nursing – 35 Questions & 35 marks
- Trends in Nursing – 15 Questions & 15 marks
- General Knowledge – 10 Questions & 10 marks
- Total –200 Questions & 200 marks
- Admit Card to the eligible candidates for appearing in the Entrance Examination has to be downloaded online from the Institute’s website by logging candidates own password provided at the time of his/her registration for entrance examination from 23rd August 2019 onwards.
NEIGRIHMS M.Sc. Nursing Admission 2019 Application Process
- Prospectus & Application Form available online and downloadable from the NEIGRIHMS website www.neigrihms.gov.in
- Registration & Submission of Application Form will be online mode only and candidate will have to register for entrance examination in the online portal available at Institute website www.neigrihm.gov.in
- Candidates have to deposit the Fees of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) through online mode by using Debit Card/ Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard) through payment gateway to the College of Nursing Account “Principal Nursing College of NEIGRIHMS” No 30270200000002
- Applications submitted without the Examination Fee shall be summarily rejected.
- Prospectus is available in NEIGRIHMS website at www.neigrihms.gov.in w.e.f. 19th July 2019 to 18th August 2019.
College of Nursing, North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences, Shillong, Meghalaya, Office of the Dean, NEIGRIHMS +91364-2538029, 1800 2674 014, website www.neigrihms.gov.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here
Also See Top Colleges
- Top Medical Colleges in India (Medicine/MBBS)
- Top 20 Government Medical Colleges (MBBS) Colleges in India
- Top Medical Colleges of Russia
- Top Medical Colleges in Gujarat
- Top Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- Top Medical Colleges in Bihar
- Top Medical colleges in Rajasthan
- Top Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu
- Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore
- Top Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
- Top Medical Colleges in U.P.
- Top Medical Colleges in Kerala
- Top Private Medical Colleges in India for MBBS
- Top Private Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- Top 10 Government Medical Colleges in India
- Top 20 Physiotherapy Colleges in India
- Top 20 Pharmacy Colleges in India
- Top 10 Dental Colleges in India
- Top Colleges in India
- Top 100 Engineering Colleges in India