HPU MSc Nursing Entrance Test 2018 - dates, eligibility, application
HPU Shimla announces 2-yrs M.Sc. Nursing Course through Entrance Test 2018
Himachal Pradesh University(HPU) has released notification from the eligible candidates for admission to M.Sc. Nursing (2 years degree course) in Sister Nivedita Govt. College Nursing of IGMC, Shimla through an objective type (MCQ) Entrance Test for the academic year 2018-19 .
Also See : Medical Entrance Exams
HPU M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2018
- The M.Sc. Nursing Degree Course of 2 years is being introduced in Govt. and Private Nursing Colleges. This Degree Course is affiliated to H.P. University, Shimla and permitted on yearly basis by the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi
- Admission to this degree course shall be made as per merit drawn on the basis of marks of the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University on behalf of the Govt. of Himachal Pradesh
Also See : M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exams
Schedule for filling up online Application Form with Final transaction of fee: 26th June to 23rd July 2018
Time for correction of error, if any, in the online application form after final submission of online application form: 24th July 2018
Date of uploading admit Cards on University Website: 31st July 2018
Date of Entrance Test: 05th August 2018, Sunday
Dates for displaying the Key Answers on the University Website: 10th to 13th August 2018
Tentative date of declaration of result: 20th August 2018
Tentative date of issuance of merit list: 23rd August 2018
Commencement of Academic Session: 01st October 2018
No. of Seats
- Medical Surgical Nursing - 05 Seats (for SNGNC, IGMC Shimla); 02 Seats (for MLMSN, Solan); 05 Seats (for SIN, Sanjauli, Shimla) and 04 Seats (for NSNI, Palampur)
- Community health Nursing - 05 Seats (for SNGNC, IGMC Shimla); 04 Seats (for MLMSN, Solan); 05 Seats (for SIN, Sanjauli, Shimla) and 04 Seats (for NSNI, Palampur)
- Obstetric Nursing - 05 Seats (for SNGNC, IGMC Shimla); 02 Seats (for MLMSN, Solan); and 04 Seats (for NSNI, Palampur)
- Child Health Nursing - 05 Seats (for SNGNC, IGMC Shimla); 02 Seats (for MLMSN, Solan); 05 Seats (for SIN, Sanjauli, Shimla) and 04 Seats (for NSNI, Palampur)
- Mental Health Nursing - 05 Seats (for SNGNC, IGMC Shimla)
Distribution of Seats
- Out of total number of seats, 60% seats will be filled-up by the in-service candidates of Himachal Pradesh Govt. and 40% seats will be filled-up from open competition
- Group /Quota-wise distribution of seats between in-service and direct candidates in the ratio of 60:40 in Sister Nivedita Nursing College, IGMC Shimla is as under:
- Admission to M.Sc. Nursing Degree course shall be made on the basis of merit of the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University Shimla for which Male & Female candidates are eligible subject to fulfilment of the following conditions:
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 and its equivalent exam from recognized Board/University established by Law in India with minimum 45% aggregate marks; for SC/ST/OBC candidates the required percentage of aggregate marks will be 40%
- Candidates should be registered as registered Nurse/Midwife (RN/RM) B.Sc./Post Basic B.Sc Nursing with H.P State Nurses registration council Shimla/any State Nursing Registration council at the time of counseling
- Candidates should be B.Sc. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing trained from the recognised Institutions not less than 55% aggregate marks
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing on the last date of submission of application form
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing on the last date of submission of application form
For In-Service Quota Seats
- In-service quota seats are to be filled up by in-service regular appointed Nursing Cadre candidates of Govt. of H.P. subject to fulfillment of the condition as laid down under clause 15(i) of the prospectus
- However, Adhoc & contractual appointees including appointees of Rogi Kalyan Samities will also be considered under this quota subject to fulfillment of the condition as laid down under clause 15(ii) of the prospectus
- Candidates should not have attained maximum of 50 years of age as on 31st December 2018
For Direct Quota Seats
- Direct quota seats will be available for open competition from amongst:
- The Bonafide Himachali/Domicile candidates/Children/spouse of H.P. Govt. employees and employees of Autonomous Bodies wholly or partially financed by the H.P. Govt. who have done their B.Sc. Nursing & P.B. B.Sc. Nursing Schools/Institutions anywhere in India duly recognized by the Indian Nursing Council/H.P. State Nurses Registration Council
Syllabus & Pattern of the Entrance Exam
- The Exam shall consist of one written paper only in the subjects mentioned hereunder in accordance with the syllabi of GNM/B.Sc. Nursing Studies
- The medium of examination shall be English
- The question paper will be objective (MCQ) type. There will be only 4 (Four) options in each question i.e. A, B, C & D. Out of which one of the option will correct
- Total questions will be 150 (one hundred fifty). Each question will carry 1 (one) mark. The duration of the Entrance Test will be 2 (two) hours. There will be No Negative Marking
Result & Merit List
- The Selection of the candidates for M.Sc. Nursing Course will be on the basis of the merit of the entrance test. The minimum marks required for the selection will be 50% for candidates for General category, 40% for SC/ST categories candidates
- Before declaration of result, the key Answers as provided by the Examiners will be moderated by a Committee of the subject expert to be constituted by the Vice-Chancellor immediately after holding the Entrance Test
- The specimen copy of the OMR Answer Sheet which will be distributed along with the Question Booklet is given at Appendix-10 of the Prospectus
- Merit List will be displayed on the university website www.hpuniv.in or www.hpunivnic.in and www.admissions.hpushimla
- The Applicants may apply for M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test through online Application Form only through the Website www.hpuniv.in or www.hpunivnic.in and www.admissions.hpushimla
- Admission Form as attached in the Prospectus duly completed in all respects along with attested photocopies of documents is to be submitted personally by the qualified candidates at the time of counselling/ admission
Log on to website www.hpuniv.nic.in or www.admissions.hpushimla.in and candidate must download the prospectus and replica of ONLINE application form to read it carefully to satisfy his/her eligibility criteria and other requirements for submission of online application form appearing in the Test
Entrance Test Fee
- For General Category Rs.2500/-;
- For SC/ST Categories Rs.1250/-
- For more details, refer prospectus/website www.hpuniv.in
Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), Shimla
(Department of Medical Education & Research), Himachal Pradesh University, Gyan Path, Summer Hill, Shimla-171005, Tel.: +91-177-2831948, Website www.hpuniv.nic.in
Nursing Entrance Exam
BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2019, B.Sc Nursing Form, Last date, BSc Nursing Admission 2019, Application From, eligibility - AIIMS, PGI Chandigarh, JIPMER, BVP, MGMIS, CMC Ludhiana and Vellore, St. John's Admission 2019 Application dates.
Nursing Career Scope
Nursing Career Scope| Nursing Job Prospects and Colleges, Eligibility for admission to BSc MSC in Nursing and Job Prospects Overview, Admission, Training Institutes
Top BSc Nursing Colleges in India
Top Nursing Colleges in India BSc. Nursing 2019 ranking - Top 20 Nursing Colleges in India,Top 10 Colleges AIIMS, AFMC, CMC Vellore, Manipal, Father Muller, Apollo.
Admission process for studying Nursing in US
Nursing courses are on an all time high and they have been for a while now, especially in US. It is one of the courses which has maintained its charm through times and is on an ever time high roll. A career in Nursing in the USA is highly in demand and also the rewards are huge.
Indian Army BSc Nursing
Indian Army BSc Nursing 2019 for female candidates. Military Nursing entrance exam 2019, Army BSc Nursing GNM Admission Notification 2019, eligibility and dates.
What is GNM, B.Sc Nursing, Post Basic Nursing, M.Sc Nursing
Looking to know about Nursing Courses? Find here the answer to your question regarding Nursing Course eligibility, duration, admission process, top Nursing colleges in India and more.
Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission
Post Basic BSc Nursing is that Nursies assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives at basic level. Check out Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission Notifications 2019, Eligibility, Application and Imp Dates.
Top MSc Nursing Colleges in India
Top MSc Nursing colleges in India. Check out top colleges for MSc Nursing course in India, Best institutes for MSc Nursing in India. Also See Career Scope of MSc Nursing.
Best Books for Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation
Looking for the best nursing entrance exam books and study material for you nursing entrance test preparation. Check out Nooks, study material and Previous question papers for Nursing Entrance Tests (BSc, Post Basic, and MSc Nursing Entrance Exams).
Career in Nursing
Nursing, Online, Education, Nursing College India, Indian Nursing School, Nursing Degree, Online Nursing Education, Nursing Entrance India, Online Nursing Degree" 1="Education Abroad Opportunities.