GMCH Chandigarh MD, MS Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
GMCH Chandigarh announces MD, MS Admission 2019 through NEET PG
GMCH Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2019 - Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh has released notification from eligible candidates to admission in Post Graduate Medicine Courses (MD/ MS) which will be done through NEET PG 2019.
Candidates can check the complete details of Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2019 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
GMCH Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form Online: 28th March 2019
- Last Date of Receipt of Printout of Submitted Online Application Form (alone with annexure): 28th March 2019 upto 04.00 pm
- Display of List of Eligible Candidates on GMCH Website: 02nd April 2019
- Date of 01st Counselling at GMCH, Chandigarh: 04th April 2019
- Date of 02nd Counselling: 24th May 2019
- Dates for Submission of Application Form Online 26th April 2019 to 01st May 2019 upto 05.00
- Display of List of Eligible Candidates on GMCH Website: 04th May 2019
- Date of Counseling for left over seats 08th May 2019 (Wednesday)
- Commencement of Academic Session 01st May 2019 (Wednesday)
- Last date of completion of admission process 08th May 2019 (Wednesday) till the closing of working hours
- The Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Sector-32, Chandigarh invites application for admission to three year Postgraduate Degree Courses (MD/MS) Junior Residents, for the year-2019
- The total numbers of seats for admission in the year 2019 are 128 which are divided into All India Quota (AIQ) and UT Chandigarh Pool as below:
- All India Quota (AIQ): 64 Seats. In compliance of the Supreme Court decision, 50% of total numbers of seats are reserved for All India Quota.
- State Quota: 64 Seats. In compliance of the decision of Honâ€™ble Punjab & Haryana High Court, distribution of 50% State Quota seats are as below:
- Institutional Preference Pool (IP): Candidates who have passed their MBBS examination from Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh
- UT Chandigarh Pool: 64 Seats; the 50% of total number of seats are reserved for students who have passed their MBBS Exam from Medical Institutions of Union Territory, Chandigarh. Out of this, 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes (SC).
Name of the Courses
- MD / MS Anaesthesiology; Anatomy; Biochemistry; Community Medicine; Dermatology; Forensic Medicine; General Medicine; General Surgery; Microbiology; Obstt. & Gynae; Ophthalmology; Orthopaedics; Oto-Rhino Laryngology; Paediatrics; Pathology; Pulmonary Medicine; Psychiatry; Radiodiagnosis; Transfusion Medicine
Distribution of Seats
- The departments having one seat will have All India Quota allocation every alternative year
- The departments having two seats will have All India Quota allocation of one seat each every year; the departments having three seats will have All India Quota allocation of one and two seats every alternative year; allocation of discipline for 15% SC category seats (UT Chandigarh Pool) will be made by rotation in alphabetic order of the discipline.
Eligibility Criteria for GMCH Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2019
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply
- A candidate must have come in the merit list of NEET-PG 2019 by securing following minimum marks:
- General Category: not less than 50 Percentile
- SC Category: not less than 40 Percentile
- *If the Central Govt. in consultation with Medical Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to Post Graduate Course for candidates belonging to respective categories then these marks so lowered by the Central Govt. shall be applicable for admission to the MD/MS courses in GMCH also for the academic year 2019 only.
- The candidates sho
GMCH Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- Application Form is available online only at GMCH website www.gmch.gov.in
- Candidate has to fill this online application form and submit it online once completed. It is not available in printed form. Before applying, candidates are advised to go through the admission notice published in the newspaper and instructions given in the prospectus carefully and then fill in the online Application Form
- All candidates have to fill application form online, available at GMCH Website www.gmch.gov.in and submit the same by due date as mentioned in concerned Pools.
- Category of reservation should be entered in the prescribed column of the online application form. No addition of category of reservation will be allowed once form has been submitted.
- Printout along with relevant annexure should be submitted in a sealed envelope, with top of the envelope clearly labelled "Application for MD/MS Courses 2019" at following address Director Principal Level II, Block D, Government Medical College & Hospital, Sector 32 B, Chandigarh-160030
- List of eligible candidates will be displayed on GMCH website www.gmch.gov.in
- Application fee can be paid online or in the form of Demand Draft in favour of: "Director Principal, Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Sector-32 B Chandigarh" payable at Chandigarh
- Rs.500/- (General Category) + Bank charges (if any)
- Rs.300/- (SC Category) + Bank charges (if any)
- The application fee, once paid, shall not be refunded