DME Kerala Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) Admission 2019
Directorate of Medicine Education, Kerala announces Admission to Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) 2019
DME Kerala GNM Admission 2019 - Directorate of Medicine Education (DME), Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) has invited applications for admission to the Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery Course 2019-20, offered at Government of Nursing at Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode and Kottayam
All Seats at these institutes are reserved for SC/ST candidates under Special Component Plan/Tribal Sub Plan
Diploma in GNM Course
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery Course in the academic year 2019-2020 that has been approved by the Govt. of Kerala, is published herewith
- It contains general information and rules relating to the admission for academic year 2019-2020, and other related information
Duration of Course
- The duration of the Diploma course in General Nursing and Midwifery shall be of three years including internship. Maximum period for the successful completion of the course is 6 years
Number of Seats
- The total number of seats to General Nursing & Midwifery Course is 90, distributed as below:
- Govt. College of Nursing Thiruvananthapuram - 30 for SC Candidates only
- Govt. College of Nursing, Kozhikode 30 for SC Candidates only - 03
- Govt. College of Nursing, Kottayam - 30 for ST Candidates only
- Total Seats – 90
- In the absence of ST candidates, SC candidates will be considered in the last allotment process only in 20 seats
Also See : Nursing Entrance Exams
Eligibility Criteria for DME Kerala GNM Admission 2019
- As per INC norms, Candidates for admission to the course should have passed the Plus-2 or equivalent examination conducted by the Government of Kerala or by any of the Universities in Kerala with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English with 40% aggregate marks. 10+2, ANM course from the schools recognized by INC is also eligible for admission
- Only Indian Citizens of Kerala origin are eligible for admission to the course. In order to prove that a candidate is an Indian Citizen of Kerala origin for the limited purpose of eligibility for admission, he/she has to produce one of the following certificates along with the printout of the application itself
- The true copy of the relevant page of Secondary School Leaving Certificate of the candidate showing the place of birth in Kerala OR;
- The true copy of the relevant page of the Secondary School Leaving Certificate of either of the parents of the candidate showing Place of Birth in Kerala with corroborative certificate to establish the relationship between the parent and the candidate
- The true copy of the relevant page of the Passport of the candidate, issued by Govt. of India, showing Place of Birth in Kerala or of either of the parents of the candidate showing Place of Birth in Kerala with corroborative certificate to establish the relationship between the parent and the candidate
- A certificate of birth from the authority competent to register birth (Panchayat/Municipality /Corporation) showing the candidate’s or either of the parents' (in which case corroborative certificate to establish the relationship between the parent and the candidate is necessary) place of birth in Kerala, to be issued by a competent registering authority.
- Applicants should have completed the age of 17 years on 31st December 2019 and should not be above the age of 35 years on the date. There is no age bar for ANM candidates
- Syllabus of the course shall be the syllabus approved by the Indian Nursing Council
Mode of Admission
- Admission to Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery will be made on merit as assessed on the basis of the total marks secured by the candidates in the Part III optional subject at the Plus two examination/equivalent examination
- The selection committee will consist of:
- Director of Medical Education (Chairman)
- Joint Director of Nursing Education (Convenor)
- Director, PIPMS
- Registrar KNMC
- Principal, Government College of Nursing, Thiruvananthapuram/ Kozhikode/Kottayam
- The decision of the selection committee regarding selection will be final. The select list published by the Director of Medical Education will be valid till the last date of admission notified by the Indian Nursing Council.
DME Kerala GNM Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applicant shall download the Application form and Prospectus which are available in the website of Directorate of Medical Education i.e www.dme.kerala.gov.in
- Application forms of previous years will not be accepted
- Applicant shall pay the application fee of Rs.100/- and remit the same in the treasury Head of Account of 0210-03-105-99 and submit the treasury chalan (in original) along with the filled application form
- Application forms correctly filled up together with the following documents should be sent by Registered Post so as to reach the “Director, Directorate of Medical Education, Medical College P.O. Thiruvananthapuram-11" on or before the last date fixed for the receipt of applications. Late applications will not be considered under any circumstances
- No applications will be received in person in the office of the Director of Medical Education except on the last date. The envelope should be super scribed as “Application for Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery for the year 2019-020”
- Late, Incomplete and defective application will be rejected
- Allotment will be made through a centralized allotment process, which will be conducted by the DME. The dates of allotment shall be notified by the DME in leading Malayalam dailies and website of DME (www.dmekerala.gov.in)
- No individual communication will be sent to the candidates in this regard
Date of Joining
- Selected candidates on getting instruction from the Director of Medical Education shall join the college on the date notified in this behalf. The attendance will be calculated from the date of commencement of the classes and not from the date on which the candidate join the classes
- Selected candidates are eligible for educational concession, admissible for SC/ST candidates and exempted from the payment of fees as per orders of the Government issued in this regard from time to time. Concession will be available only for a period of 3 years
DME Kerala GNM Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date of Filled in Application Forms with documents specified DME Thiruvananthapuram: 21st August 2019
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here
Nursing Entrance Exam
BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020, B.Sc Nursing Form, Last date, BSc Nursing Admission 2020, Application From, eligibility - AIIMS, PGI Chandigarh, JIPMER, BVP, MGMIS, CMC Ludhiana and Vellore, St. John's Admission 2020 Application dates.
Nursing Career Scope
Nursing Career Scope| Nursing Job Prospects and Colleges, Eligibility for admission to BSc MSC in Nursing and Job Prospects Overview, Admission, Training Institutes
Top BSc Nursing Colleges in India
Top Nursing Colleges in India BSc. Nursing 2020 ranking - Top 20 Nursing Colleges in India,Top 10 Colleges AIIMS, AFMC, CMC Vellore, Manipal, Father Muller, Apollo.
Admission process for studying Nursing in US
Nursing courses are on an all time high and they have been for a while now, especially in US. It is one of the courses which has maintained its charm through times and is on an ever time high roll. A career in Nursing in the USA is highly in demand and also the rewards are huge.
Indian Army BSc Nursing
Indian Army BSc Nursing 2020 for female candidates. Military Nursing entrance exam 2020, Army BSc Nursing GNM Admission Notification 2020, eligibility and dates.
What is GNM, B.Sc Nursing, Post Basic Nursing, M.Sc Nursing
Looking to know about Nursing Courses? Find here the answer to your question regarding Nursing Course eligibility, duration, admission process, top Nursing colleges in India and more.
Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission
Post Basic BSc Nursing is that Nursies assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives at basic level. Check out Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission Notifications 2020, Eligibility, Application and Imp Dates.
Top MSc Nursing Colleges in India
Top MSc Nursing colleges in India. Check out top colleges for MSc Nursing course in India, Best institutes for MSc Nursing in India. Also See Career Scope of MSc Nursing.
Best Books for Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation
Looking for the best nursing entrance exam books and study material for you nursing entrance test preparation. Check out Nooks, study material and Previous question papers for Nursing Entrance Tests (BSc, Post Basic, and MSc Nursing Entrance Exams).
Career in Nursing
Nursing, Online, Education, Nursing College India, Indian Nursing School, Nursing Degree, Online Nursing Education, Nursing Entrance India, Online Nursing Degree" 1="Education Abroad Opportunities.