NEET 2018 UG Notification, Dates, Eligibility, Application
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) Notification and Important Dates 2018
NEET Date extended upto March 12, 2018 - Apply Soon (Aadhaar Card not mandatory)
Also See: NEET 2019
Online Applications are invited for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) - 2018 (NEET-UG-2018) to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry
The NEET (UG) - 2018 will be conducted on May 2018
As per the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2018 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2018, online applications are invited for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) - 2018 (NEET-UG-2018) to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
NEET 2018 form is now available. Online application form of NEET 2018 has been issued at cbseneet.nic.in for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET 2018 will be held on 06th May 2018 from 10.00 am to 01.00 pm
Medical (MBBS and BDS) Seats offered through NEET 2018
(i) All India Quota Seats
(ii) State Govt. Quota Seats where the State Govt. concerned so opts
(iii) Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University
(i) Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for appearing in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG), 2018
(ii) Candidates above 25 years of age may apply for NEET-UG-2018.
For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR) - born on or before 07th May 1993
For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC Category - born on or before 07th May 1988
(iv) Window is open till April 2018 (tentative).
(v) Candidates who have applied offline for NEET-UG-2018 are also directed to apply online. It is also intimated to them that their Demand Draft of fee given to the CBSE will be refunded to them by post at the address given in their offline application. In case, if these candidates do not apply online, their candidature for NEET-UG-2018 will not be considered.
Get latest Medical Entrance Exam Alerts by E-mail/SMS, Fill up the Form below:
- Candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination
- In respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General category candidates
- In respect of the candidates with benchmark disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying exam shall be 45% instead of 50% for General category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates
- Provided that two years of regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together shall be required at 10+2 level for all the candidates
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools or as Private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test-UG. Furthermore, study of Biology/Bio-technology as an Additional Subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible
- Those who are appearing in Class XII Exam in 2018 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later
- As the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana have decided to join and contribute their MBBS/BDS seats for the allotment to the candidates under 15% All India Quota from the academic year 2018-19 onward, the candidates belonging to these States shall also be eligible for 15% All India Quota seats
- The Question Papers for the test shall be based on a Common Syllabus notified by the Medical Council of India and implemented in the year 2013. Please see Appendix-I for details
- The syllabus for NEET 2018 is same as last year’s. There are no changes in the syllabus. It comprises of physics, chemistry, biology
- Topics and level of units in PCB is same as that taught in classes 11th and 12th in standard boards in India. Nevertheless, to avoid confusion since each board has different syllabi, the official syllabus of NEET 2018 is available.
- List of cities where the NEET (UG) - 2018 will be conducted is given at Appendix-II
- All the Candidates i.e. Indian, NRI, OCI, PIO and Foreigner should select three Convenient City Codes for the entrance test from Appendix II. Candidates must ensure that they should select the centre in their state of residence or in neighbouring city only and not in far away cities in other states.
- In case, instructions are not complied with, CBSE may allot the centres different from the choice given or cancel the candidature
- The CBSE will provide the facility of downloading Admit Cards of NEET (UG) on the Board’s website www.cbseneet.nic.in. Candidates are required to download the admit cards from the website and follow the instructions given therein
- Candidate may please note that admit cards will not be sent by post. When candidate will download the Admit Card, a copy of the same in pdf format will also be emailed to the candidate on the registered email id
- The Admit Card will bear the candidate’s Roll Number, Name, Father’s Name, Category, Sub-Category, Photograph, Signature, Date of Birth, Language of Question Paper with Name and Address of examination centre allotted
- The candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card downloaded by him/her for all the entries made therein
Rest of the conditions will remain the same as mentioned in the
Information on website. Go To Top
NEET (UG) 2018 Exam Pattern
Pattern of the Entrance Test
The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at centre only
Language of the Question Papers
(i) Candidates can opt for Question Paper either in English or in Hindi; (ii) Option of medium of Question Paper should be exercised while filling in the application form and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later; (iii) Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only and the candidates opting for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in English Go To Top
Syllabus for the Test
The Question Papers for the test shall be based on a common syllabus notified by the Medical Council of India (Please see Appendix-I for details)
Centres Cities for Entrance Test
Reservation of Seats & Admission in Medical/Dental Colleges
1. An All India merit list and All India Rank of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said list only by following the Existing Reservation Policies
2. All admission to MBBS/BDS courses within in the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test
3. All other existing eligibility criteria for admission to Medical/Dental Colleges shall be applicable as per Rules and Policies of the State/UT/Institution/University concerned
CBSE will provide All India Rank. Result will be given to DGHS, MHFW, and Govt. of India to provide the same to admitting authorities
Admitting authorities will invite applications for counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the admitting authorities subject to their applicable rules Go To Top
For SC/ST/PH Candidates: Rs.750/- (INR)
Candidates if required may take the assistance of Common Services Centres for filling up the application form; the details of the common services centres are given on the website www.aipmt.nic.in Go To Top
How to Apply
Candidates can apply only online (www.cbseneet.nic.in)
Online Submission of Application may be made by accessing the Board’s Website www.cbseneet.nic.in. Instructions for submitting online application and payment of fee are available on website
Candidates may remit the fee in the following manner:
a) Through any Debit/Credit Card using online gateway payment facility or;
b) Through e-Challan by depositing fee in CBSE’s Bank Account maintained by Syndicate Bank, State Bank of India, ICICI Bank or HDFC Bank directly by downloading the e-Challan Form from the Website of www.cbseneet.nic.in
c) Net Banking
d) e-wallet of Common Service Centre (CSC) Go To Top
Requirement of Aadhaar Number:
For Indian citizens and ordinary residents of India, Aadhaar Number is a requirement to fill up the online application of NEET-2018 in all States except J&K, Assam and Meghalaya
For NRIs, Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online application of NEET-2018
For Foreign Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s), Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online application of NEET-2018
At the time of filling application form of NEET-2018, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender and hereby give their consent to CBSE to validate the information provided by them with the UIDAI’s database. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidate will not be able to fill the application form of NEET-2018
Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be
Candidates may therefore, check all the detailed information in the online Information Bulletin before submission of application form (visit www.cbseneet.nic.in)
Important Dates for NEET (UG) 2018
Important Dates for NEET 2018 (UG)
Schedule for Online Submission of Application:
08th Feb. 2018 to 09th March 2018 upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST) extended upto 12th march 2018
Schedule for Successful Payment of Online Fee: 08th Feb. 2018 to 10th March 2018 upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)
Correction in Application Form:
12th March 2018 to 16th March 2018 extended upto 15th March 2018 to 17th March 2018
Date of uploading of Admit Cards on Website: 2nd Week of April 2018
Date of Examination, NEET (UG)-2018: 06th May 2018
Display of OMR Sheet Will be intimated on Web.: Display of Answer Key Will be intimated on website
Declaration of Result: 05th June 2018
Material to be brought on the Day of Exam: Admit Card, Passport size Photograph and Post Card Size Photograph affixed on proforma Go To Top
Central Board of Secondary Education
The Deputy Secretary (Examination), National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Unit, Central Board of Secondary Education, Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi-110092, Website www.cbseneet.nic.in, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone No.: 011-22041807
Changes in eligibility and requirement for NEET 2018. The central government has decided to make some changes for candidates appearing in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET).
The CBSE Class X exams will end on April 10 while the Class XII exams will continue till April 29. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) aspirants are worried due to a delay of one week in the CBSE exams.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences has opened the online registrations for MBBS course on its official website. Candidates can apply for admission to MBBS course at AIIMS campuses at New Delhi, Patna, Bhopal, Jodhpur, Bhubaneshwar, Rishikesh and Raipur.
All deemed universities that offer MBBS and BDS programs have been asked to admit students from the merit list of the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET).
List of Dental Colleges in India Under NEET Exam, MD, MS, MDS, PG Dental Diploma Courses, BDS, Dental Colleges in India offering Dental Courses. Affiliated Universities, MCI Recognition, Institue and College of Dental for Dental in India.
NEET Ranking Colleges list Top 15 Medical Colleges in India for admission on the basis of CBSE NEET ranking. NEET I and NEET II results out soon, best medical colleges using CBSE NEET scores for admission.