JIPMER 2019 MBBS Notification and Exam Dates, Registration
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2019 Notification and Dates
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2019 is conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) for admission to MBBS Course for the academic session 2019
- JIMPER is conducted every year by the Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) will conduct MBBS Exam on 02nd June 2019. In a tentative schedule released on the official website (jipmer.edu.in)
- Interested candidates can check here relevant information about JIPMER 2019 MBBS application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and important dates etc. in this page below.
- The entrance examination is conducted annually to fill 200 undergraduate seats at JIPMER Puducherry and JIPMER Karaikal. The application process will start on 06th March 2019 at the official website
JIPMER MBBS Seats
- The number of JIPMER Seats to be filled for MBBS session through this competitive Entrance Examination conducted is as follows. Seat details of admission session, commencing from 2019 is represented hereunder
- JIPMER 2019 is conducted for students to avail themselves 200 Seats (150 seats at JIPMER, Puducherry and 50 seats at JIPMER, Karaikal)
- Puducherry Residents [UR-50, OBC-28, SC 16, ST-11, PUR-40, NRI/OCI 05]
- Under Self Fiancé Scheme [UR-15, OBC-10, SC-06, ST-04, PUR-14, NRI/OCI 01]
Important Dates for 2019
- Online Application Form Available from 06th March 2019
- Last Date to Apply for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam: 12th April 2019
- Download JIPMER MBBS Admit Card: 03rd week of May 2019
- Date of Entrance Exam: 02nd June 2019 (Sunday)
- Date of First Counseling: 16th June to 28th June 2019
- Date of Second Counseling: 24th July 2019 (Wednesday)
- Date of Third Counseling: 21st August 2019 (Wednesday)
- Date of Final Counseling: 26th September 2019 (Thursday)
- Date of Closing Admission: 30th September 2019 (Monday)
- The applicants must satisfy the prescribed eligibility norms in order to appear in the JIPMER MBBS 2019 entrance test. Candidates should not proceed ahead before ensuring eligibility to appear in the exam. Check the following information with regard to JIPMER eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India or Overseas Citizen of India
- Candidates should be completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2019 the year of his/her admission to the 01st year MBBS, i.e. they should have been born on or before 01st Jan. 2003 (Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants)
- The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
- The Higher/Senior Secondary Exam or the Indian School Certificate Exam which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Sr. Secondary Exam after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the NCERT after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education (Annexure-I lists the exams recognized by JIPMER)
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying exam other than those mentioned in the list appended in Annexure-I, will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI/NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course
- Applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology at the qualifying exam
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ST or Other Backward Classes/ OPH the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying exam is 40%
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 45%
Entrance Exam Test
- Entrance Exam will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only. The examination shall be held on Sunday, 02nd June 2019
- The duration of the examination shall be 2½ hours (Two hours and Thirty minutes)
- The Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in two shifts:
- Morning Shift/First shift: 10.00 AM to 12.30 PM
- Afternoon Shift /Second shift: 03.00 PM to 05.30 PM
- Therefore, all candidates will be required to appear at CBT Online Entrance Examination, which will be conducted on Sunday, 02nd June 2019 in either one of the shifts (10.00 AM to 12.30 PM (OR) 03.00 PM to 05.30 PM) as allotted by the competent authority
- The venue, time and shift of the exam will be communicated to the candidates in the Admit Card
Method of Exam Pattern
- The exam shall be conducted in English medium only
- The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 200 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects, and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below:
- Physics - 60 no. of questions
- Chemistry - 60 no. of questions
- Biology - 60 no. of questions
- English Language and Comprehension - 10 no. of questions
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning - 10 no. of questions
- The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2019 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards
- Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer-based Test (online exam)
- Now that we know about the exam pattern of JIPMER 2019, the candidates must know the marking scheme of the paper. It will be helpful during the preparation phase when the candidate will be giving the mocks
- They can calculate their marks according to this scheme. Take a note of the marking scheme of JIPMER 2019.
- Marks for the correct answer: 04 marks
- Marks for the incorrect answer: -1 marks
- Marks for the unanswered question: 0 marks
- The students while filling the application form for JIPMER 2019 will have to choose the exam city where they would be giving their exam. They will have to choose 3 cities out of which they would get the city for the exam. Check the list of the cities which the aspirants can choose while filling the application form:
- Name of cities where exam was last year: Agarthala, Aizwal, Ambala, Amritsar, Asansol, Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bhatinda, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bishnupur, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi / NCR, Dibrugarh, Durgapur, Faridabad, Gandhi Nagar, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Guntur, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hissar, Hooghly, Howrah, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Jabalpur, Jalandhar, Jamshedpur, Kalyani, Kannur, Karimnagar, Kolkata, Kottayam, Kurnool, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mathura, Meerut, Mohali, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagercoil, Nagpur, Namakkal, Patiala, Puducherry, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Salem, Sangrur, Shimoga, Siliguri, Sonipat, Tezpur, Thiruvannamalai, Thoothukudi, Tirunelveli, Trichy, Trissur, Trivandrum, Vijayawada, Visakhapatinam, Vizianagaram, Warrangal, Yamunanagar
- Questions in JIPMER 2019 MBBS Entrance Exam will be from syllabus of class XI and XII prescribed by State Board Higher Secondary and CBSE.
- Physics - Taught in State board HS and CBSE at class 11 and class 12 level.
- Chemistry - Taught in State board HS and CBSE at class 11 and class 12 level.
- Biology - Taught in State board HS and CBSE at class 11 and class 12 level.
- To get a better idea of exam pattern and syllabus, check mock test of JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2019
- Hall Tickets for the Entrance Exam shall be available for download to candidates whose applications are complete in all respects, from 03rd week of May 2019
- Hall Ticket will contain (1) Name and date of birth as typed by the candidate in the application (2) Photo and signature image as uploaded by the candidate (3) Exam City allotted and Roll Number
- No change in the category/age/name/DOB (Date of Birth) will be entertained after submission of application. The candidates in such case have to apply afresh before the closing date
- Candidates will NOT be allowed to appear for the Entrance Exam unless he/she produce the hall ticket from the JIPMER website at the exam centres along with ID proof in original & a photocopy of the same
- The Registration Process for JIPMER 2019 will be online. Candidates can log on to the link in the Home page of www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in and can look for the link "Apply on-line MBBS admission – 2019". Before applying, candidates must read the prospectus carefully. Any false information being provided on candidate’s side may lead to cancellation of the application.
- Candidates can get the JIPMER MBBS information brochure to check the complete details about the exam. Here, candidates can get some information related to the application form.
- Log on to link in the Home Page www.jipmer.edu.in and navigate to the link "Apply on-line MBBS admission-2019"
- Read the prospectus and instruction carefully; the flow chart for filling application on-line given as Appendix (ANNEXURE-V) in the Prospectus. The candidate should acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application on-line
- Application fees for each category as mentioned below to be paid by the candidate using any one of the following mode of payment. No. other mode of payment will be accepted.
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- For General (UR) & P-UR: Rs.1200/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable
- For OBC & P-OBC: Rs.1200/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable
- For SC/ST & P-SC: Rs.1000/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable NRI/OCI Rs.2500/- + Transaction Charges as applicable OPH & P-OPH Exempted from Application Fees
JIPMER 2019 Online Application
- Online application form for MBBS entrance exam will be available at jipmer.edu.in and jipmer.puducherry.gov.in from 06th March 2019
JIPMER 2019 Official Website
- There are 2 official websites of the institutes. They are www.jipmer.edu.in and www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in