HPU Shimla Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Program Admission 2019, Dates, Application
Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) Shimla announces Entrance Test for Admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Program 2019
HPU Shimla Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 - Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) Shimla has invited application for admission into Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (2-years Degree Course) through an Entrance Test for the academic year 2019-20.
The admission to this degree course will be made on the basis of merit in the Entrance Test to be conducted by the HPU on behalf of the Government of Himachal Pradesh. Entrance Test for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Course is going to held on 18th August 2019
- Admission to 2 years Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course (Female Candidates only) in Government/Private Nursing Colleges/Institutions in Himachal Pradesh (Session 2019-20)
- The Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course of 2 years is being introduced in Govt./ Private Nursing Colleges. This Degree Course is affiliated to H.P. University, Shimla and permitted on yearly basis by the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi.
HPU Shimla Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Schedule for Submission of Online Application Form: 18th July to 08th August 2019
- Tentative Date of uploading Admit Cards on the University Website: 14th August 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 18th August 2019 (Sunday)
- Dates for displaying the Key Answers on the University Website: 21st to 23rd August 2019
- Tentative Date of Declaration of Result: 26th August 2019
- Tentative Date of Issuance of Merit List: 28th August 2019
- Date for Joining the Allotted College & Course: To be intimated on the admission
- Commencement of Academic Session: 01st October 2019
- Last date up to which the candidates can be admitted against vacancies arising due to any reason: 31st October 2019
No. of Seats
- The distribution of seats between in-service and direct group/quota in Sister Nivedita Nursing College, IGMC, Shimla shall be made in the ratio of 70:30. Further, 200 point vertical reservation roster will be applied for distribution of seats among General, SC, ST, OBC & Persons with Disabilities (PwD) categories and no horizontal reservation roster will be applied
Group/Quota-wise distribution of seats between In-service and Direct candidates in the ratio of 70:30 in Sister Nivedita Govt. Nursing College, IGMC, Shimla
- Total Number of Seats - 30
- For in-service Group/Quota (70%) - 21
- For Direct Group/Quota (30%) – 09
Category-wise distribution of seats as per 200 point reservation roster afresh in Sister Nivedita Govt. College of Nursing, IGMC, Shimla:
- In-service Group (1-21) - 21
- Direct Group (1-9) - 09
Quota-wise distribution of seats in Private Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Institutions/ Colleges:
- Total Number of Seats: 405
- For in-service Group/Quota (70%): 204
- For Direct Group/Quota (30%): 201
Eligibility Criteria for HPU Shimla Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2019
- Admission to Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree course shall be made on the basis of merit of the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University Shimla for which the female candidates only are eligible subject to fulfillment of the following conditions.
- The candidates should be registered as registered Nurse/Midwife (RN/RM) with H.P. State Nurses Registration Council, Shimla at the time of counseling. However, the Himachali Bonafide Candidates who completed their GNM Diploma outside the State and registered themselves in the concerned State Registration Nursing Council shall be registered with the HPNRC, Shimla within 3 months from the date of admission. Provided further that the candidates belonging to other states of the country should be registered in their respective State Nurses Registration Council and at the time of Counseling, they must produce NOC for pursuing their higher studies outside the state from the Registrar of the concerned State Registration Council.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 and its equivalent examination from recognized Board/University established by Law in India with minimum 40% aggregate marks. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the required percentage of aggregate marks will be 35%.
- The candidate must have obtained 50% marks in General Nursing & Midwifery from the School/Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council/Himachal Pradesh Nurses Registration Council.
- The distribution of seats between In-Service and Direct candidates in respect of Sister Nivedita Government Nursing College, IGMC, Shimla will be made in the ratio of 70:30. However, 200 point vertical reservation roster will be applied afresh for distribution of seats among General, SC, ST and OBC categories and no horizontal reservation roster will be applied.
For In-Service Quota Seats:
- In-service quota seats are to be filled up by in-service regularly appointed Nursing Cadre candidates of Govt. of H.P. subject to fulfillment of the condition as laid down under clause – 13 of the prospectuses. However, adhoc & contractual appointees including appointees of Rogi Kalyan Samities will also be considered under this quota subject to fulfillment of the condition of the prospectus. The candidates must have completed minimum 5 years service on the last date of submission of application form.
- The candidates should not have attained maximum of 50 years of age as on 31st December 2019
- The age of candidates should be between 17 to 35 years as on 31st December 2019 i.e. the candidate should be born between 01.01.1985 and 01.01.2003. However, upper age can be relaxable by 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates i.e. the candidate must born between 01.01.1980 and 01.01.2003. The candidates will ensure that they must fulfill the above condition
- Age as recorded in the matriculation certificate will be entertained.
- The examination shall consist of one written paper only in the subjects mentioned here under in accordance with the syllabi of GNM studies
- Medium of examination: English.
- Type of Question Paper: MCQ type.
- Total Number of Questions: 150 (one hundred fifty).
- Total marks: 150 (each question will carry 1 mark).
- Duration of the Entrance Test: 2 hours.
- Marking: There will be No Negative Marking for a wrong answer.
- The written test is of objective type and in English language on the following subjects as given below:
- Fundamentals of Nursing – 20 & 01 each (Marks)
- Medical surgical Nursing - 20 & 01 each (Marks)
- Psychiatric Nursing - 20 & 01 each (Marks)
- Paediatrics Nursing - 20 & 01 each (Marks)
- Midwifery & Gynaecology - 20 & 01 each (Marks)
- Community Health Nursing - 20 & 01 each (Marks)
- Anatomy & Physiology - 10 & 01 each (Marks)
- Nutrition - 5 & 01 each (Marks)
Total Questions & Marks: 150
- Declaration of Result & Merit List
- The selection of the candidates for Post -Basic B.Sc. Nursing course will be on the basis of the merit of the entrance test. The minimum marks required for the selection will be 40% for candidates belonging to General category, 30% for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC and 35% for General-Physical Handicapped categories candidates.
- Before declaration of result, the key Answers as provided by the Examiner(s) will be moderated by a Committee of the subject expert to be constituted by the Vice-Chancellor immediately after holding the Entrance Test. If the committee feels that the key answers provided by the examiner is not proper, it will after taking into consideration the views of the examiner, give reasons for differing with the answer. In case a question has more than one correct answer, the committee will indicate the same in its report and where if no answer is correct, recommendations to this effect will also be made by the committee. The committee will also point out the printing error(s) in questions and their key answers, if any, and make necessary recommendations.
- Thereafter, the key answers will be displayed on the University website www.hpuniv.ac.in & www.admissions.hpushimla.in w.e.f. 21st August 2019 to 23rd August 2019.
- The University will provide the facility of downloading the Admit Cards for appearing to Post Basic B.Sc. (Nursing) Entrance Test-2019 on the University Website www.admissions.hpushimla.in & www.hpuniv.ac.in
- The candidates are required to download the Admit cards from the website by following the instructions/schedule given therein. The candidate may please note that Admit cards will not be sent by post.
- The expected exam centres for the HPU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2019 are listed below.
HPU Shimla Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 Application Process
- The Female Applicants may apply only online by using University Websites www.admissions.hpushimla.in & www.hpuniv.ac.in for admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course through Entrance Test
- However, the Counselling–cum-Admission Form duly completed in all respects along with required self-attested photocopies of documents are to be submitted personally by the qualified candidates at the time of Counselling/admission
- They are also required to produce original certificates/documents for verification at the time of Counseling along with counseling fee.
- Log on to website www.admissions.hpushimla.in and candidate must download the prospectus and replica of ONLINE application form to read it carefully to satisfy her eligibility criteria and other requirements for submission of online application form for appearing in the test.
Application Fee for Entrance Test
- For General/OBC & their Sub-Categories: Rs. 1600/-
- For Antyodaya/IRDP/EWS Categories: Rs. 800/-
Get latest Medical Entrance Exam Alerts by E-mail/SMS, Fill up the Form below:
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here
Nursing Entrance Exam
BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020, B.Sc Nursing Form, Last date, BSc Nursing Admission 2020, Application From, eligibility - AIIMS, PGI Chandigarh, JIPMER, BVP, MGMIS, CMC Ludhiana and Vellore, St. John's Admission 2020 Application dates.
Nursing Career Scope
Nursing Career Scope| Nursing Job Prospects and Colleges, Eligibility for admission to BSc MSC in Nursing and Job Prospects Overview, Admission, Training Institutes
Top BSc Nursing Colleges in India
Top Nursing Colleges in India BSc. Nursing 2020 ranking - Top 20 Nursing Colleges in India,Top 10 Colleges AIIMS, AFMC, CMC Vellore, Manipal, Father Muller, Apollo.
Admission process for studying Nursing in US
Nursing courses are on an all time high and they have been for a while now, especially in US. It is one of the courses which has maintained its charm through times and is on an ever time high roll. A career in Nursing in the USA is highly in demand and also the rewards are huge.
Indian Army BSc Nursing
Indian Army BSc Nursing 2020 for female candidates. Military Nursing entrance exam 2020, Army BSc Nursing GNM Admission Notification 2020, eligibility and dates.
What is GNM, B.Sc Nursing, Post Basic Nursing, M.Sc Nursing
Looking to know about Nursing Courses? Find here the answer to your question regarding Nursing Course eligibility, duration, admission process, top Nursing colleges in India and more.
Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission
Post Basic BSc Nursing is that Nursies assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives at basic level. Check out Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission Notifications 2020, Eligibility, Application and Imp Dates.
Top MSc Nursing Colleges in India
Top MSc Nursing colleges in India. Check out top colleges for MSc Nursing course in India, Best institutes for MSc Nursing in India. Also See Career Scope of MSc Nursing.
Best Books for Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation
Looking for the best nursing entrance exam books and study material for you nursing entrance test preparation. Check out Nooks, study material and Previous question papers for Nursing Entrance Tests (BSc, Post Basic, and MSc Nursing Entrance Exams).
Career in Nursing
Nursing, Online, Education, Nursing College India, Indian Nursing School, Nursing Degree, Online Nursing Education, Nursing Entrance India, Online Nursing Degree" 1="Education Abroad Opportunities.