The AFMC MBBS eligibility criteria is given in this post. The admission to MBBS course in the Armed Forces Medical College Pune is offered through NEET examination conducted by CBSE. The applicants who want to apply for the AFMC MBBS admission should check the complete eligibility criteria of AFMC 2019. Only the candidates who satisfy all the eligibility conditions should apply for the MBBS admission to AFMC Pune.
AFMC MBBS 2019 Eligibility criteria
- A candidate seeking admission to the MBBS Course at AFMC, Pune for the year 2019 is eligible if he/she fulfills the following criteria:
- Nationality: A candidate should be a citizen of India. Foreign nationals of Indian origin may be admitted into AFMC only after they have acquired Indian Citizenship or in respect of whom the Ministry of Home Affairs issues a certificate of eligibility.
- Marital Status: Must be unmarried. Marrying during the course is not permitted.
- Medical fitness: Should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Govt of India, Ministry of Defence
- Candidates must have passed one of the qualifying exams listed at sub-para (a) to (j) below in the first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in these three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the tenth standard. The exam are:
- The Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination in Science of a statutory Indian University/board or other recognized examination body with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology which shall include practical test in all of these science subjects.
- The Pre-professional/Pre-Medical Exam with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (after passing either Higher Secondary School Exam or pre-University or equivalent exam) which shall include practical test in these science subjects.
- 1st year of three years Degree course of a recognised University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in Science subjects provided the examination is a University Exam.
- Senior Secondary of a statutory Exam Board of Indian School Certificate examination of 12 years of study, last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at higher level.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate examination of Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education with English at Higher level, any one of the Modern Indian or Modern Foreign or Classical Languages, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject.
- Any other examination which in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the Higher Secondary Science/Pre-Professional /Pre-medical Examination of Indian University/ Board with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these Science subjects.
- B.Sc. Exam of a recognized Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. Exam in not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and further that he/she has passed the qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
The following categories of candidates are not eligible to apply:
- Candidates who have passed in Domestic Science, Domestic Arithmetic, and Lower Maths separately or in combination with other subjects like General Science / Social studies in High School / Higher Secondary (Multipurpose) or equivalent exam.
- Candidates who have passed only Pre-University / Pre-Degree (one-year course) or Pre-Professional in Agriculture / Veterinary / Dental Exam.
- Candidates who have passed the Pre-professional or equivalent qualifying exam as a Private candidate or from Open schools.
- Candidates who have secured the requisite percentage but in subsequent attempts or compartment exam.
- The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years on 31st December 2019 but must not have attained the age of 24 years on that date i.e. must have been born not earlier than 01st January 1996 and not later than 31st December 2002.
- Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are eligible for admission to AFMC, Pune
- Note: The criteria for marks in Qualifying Exam (i.e. 10 + 2 or equivalent exam) will remain the same for the B.Sc. candidates also.