Savitribai Phule Pune University MBA in Pharma Biotechnology Admission 2019
Savitribai Phule Pune University announces Admission to MBA (Pharma Biotechnology) 2019
Savitribai Phule Pune University MBA (Pharma-Biotechnology) Admission 2019 - Department of Management Studies, Savitribai Phule Pune University, has invited applications for admission to the MBA (Pharma Biotechnology) offered it for year 2019 – 20.
About MBA Pharma Biotechnology Program
- The Department of Management Sciences, fondly known as PUMBA is one of the distinguished Post-Graduate Departments of the Savitribai Phule Pune University. It provides quality education to the students keeping them abreast with the dynamic corporate world.
- MBA – Biotechnology, program has been pioneered by PUMBA in order to develop managerial manpower in the fields of Bio-Pharma, Bio-Agri, Bio-Suppliers, Bio-Informatics, Bio-Services and Healthcare. The course structure has been designed to suit the requirements of this sector.
- The two year program is divided into four semesters and a credit system is used for continuous evaluation
No. of seats: 60 Seats
See: Pharmacy Admissions
Eligibility Criteria for Savitribai Phule Pune University MBA (Pharma Biotechnology) Admission 2019
- A candidate who has either passed with minimum 50% of marks in aggregate (45% in case of reserved category candidates from Maharashtra State only) or appeared at the final year examination in any Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Sciences (general or special with Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Genetics, Life Sciences, Marine Biology, Microbiology, Physics, Zoology etc), Agriculture, Ayurveda, Medicine, Engineering, Pharmacy, Technology, Veterinary Sciences, Technology Engineering from a university recognized by the Association of Indian University (AIU) would be treated as eligible
- In addition, the students need to qualify in the entrance examination, ATMA test. The scores of ATMA test conducted on following dates will be accepted: December 23, 2018, February 17, 2019, or May 26, 2019
- However, the candidate would be treated as eligible for admission to MBA (Pharma-Biotechnology) Program for the academic year 2019-20 ONLY IF he/she passes his/her graduation on or before 30th September 2019,
Reservations (As per rules of Government of Maharashtra)
- SC and SC Converts to Buddhism - 13.0%
- ST including those living outside specified areas - 7.0%
- VimuktaJati- denotified tribes (14 as Specified) (VJ/DT) - 3.0%
- Nomadic tribes (NT B) (28 before 1990 as specified) - 2.5%
- Nomadic Tribes (NT C) (Dhangar as specified) - 3.5%
- Nomadic Tribes (NT D) - (Vanjari as specified) - 2.0%
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) - 19.0%
- Total Seats (30) - 50%, Home University - 21, & Maharashtra State - 09 Seats
- 03% of the total intake capacity (i.e. 2 seats) shall be reserved for physically handicapped candidates
- 01 seat over and above the intake capacity is reserved for candidate from Jammu & Kashmir as per the Govt.’s directive
The admission process consists of 3 stages
- Stage 1: Entrance test-- ATMA Test conducted by AIMS on December 23, 2018, February 17, 2019, or May 26, 2019.
- Stage 2: Submission of Application form and fees at PUMBA
- Stage 3: Admission confirmation
- Open Category and Outside Maharashtra State Candidates - Rs.900/-
- Reserved category Candidates from the State of Maharashtra - Rs.700/-
Savitribai Phule Pune University MBA (Pharma Biotechnology) Admission 2019 Application Process
- The link for application forms will be available on PUMBA website (i.e.www.pumba.in) after April 1, 2019.
- Register for admissions using the link given on the website.
- Complete the application form for MBA (PBT) admission online. (The online forms will be available from April 1, 2019 to June 15, 2019)
- Select the method of payment of the application fees. Application fee is Rs. 900/- (for general category candidates) and Rs. 700/- (for reserved category in the state of Maharashtra).
- Print the challan and pay the fees before the due date (due date is printed on the fees challan).
- Print the completed application form.
- Submit the application form along with all the requisite documents and application fees paid receipt to the Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA) office. The forms will be accepted on all working days between 11.00 am to 5.00 pm on or before June 22, 2019.
See: MBA Entrance Exams
Savitribai Phule Pune University MBA (Pharma Biotechnology) Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Availability of Online Forms for admission to MBA (PBT): April 1, 2019
- Last Date for Receiving Completed Application Form at the Dept. of Mgt. Sciences (PUMBA): 15th June 2019
- Date of Entrance Exam ATMA Entrance Exam conducted on December 23, 2018, February 17, 2019 or May 26, 2019
- Display of First Merit List on the Website: 29th June 2019
- Applications regarding grievances / objections regarding merit list will be accepted in the department till: 2 pm on July 2, 2019.
- *Final Merit / Allotment list for admissions will be displayed on the PUMBA website on July 3, 2019 at 5 pm.
Savitribai Phule Pune University
Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA), Savitribai Phule Pune University, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007, Website www.pumba.in