MNLU Nagpur PhD Admission 2019 - Application, Eligibility, Dates
MNLU Nagpur announces All Indian Entrance Test (AIET) for PhD Degree Program 2019
MNLU Nagpur PhD Admission 2019 - Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur invites applications from the eligible candidates for admission to Doctoral Philosophy (PhD) Degree Programme for the academic year 2019.
The eligible candidates as per Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) Regulations are required to appear for an All India Entrance Test (AIET) on 10th November 2019.
See: Law Entrance Exam
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU, Nagpur), is established by the way of an enactment known as the Maharashtra National Law University Act (Maharashtra Act No. VI of 2014) and the University takes pride to be the Nineteenth National Law University in the country.
- The University is committed achieving excellence in the field of legal education by promoting innovative research in the field of law, social sciences and humanities. The University is inviting applications from the eligible candidates for its Ph.D. Degree Programme-2019.
- To be admitted to the candidature for a Ph.D. Degree Programme an applicant shall have:
- Obtained a Master’s Degree in law (regular mode) from any recognized University including a foreign University securing not less than 55% marks or its equivalent; Or
- Obtained a Master’s Degree (regular mode) in any discipline from a recognized University including a foreign University with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent
- Provided that the candidate with qualifications in sciences, social sciences and humanities may pursue his / her research interfacing with public policy or law
- Provided further that the candidate whose final result of the qualifying examination is awaited, for any reason, shall be allowed to appear provisionally in the admission test. Such candidate shall have to produce the final result of the qualifying examination at the time of the final presentation of his / her Ph.D. proposal.
- Provided further that the requirement of 55% marks or its equivalent at Master’s Degree is relaxed to 50% marks or its equivalent in case of candidate belonging to SC / ST / OBC (non- creamy layer) and Specially Abled Persons (SAP). Or
- A Judge who has served for minimum three years as a Judge of High Court in India or Judge of the Supreme Court of India.
- The candidate who has passed the Company Secretary examination conducted by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) and has been awarded the Associate Membership of the Institute (ACS) and having a Bachelor Degree in Law from a recognized University through regular stream shall be eligible for admission to the programme.
See: PHD Admission 2019
- There shall be an All India Entrance Test (AIET) for Ph.D. Degree programme. All the candidates including Foreign Nationals and NRI who wish to pursue Ph.D. Degree programme at the University shall be subject to AIET. The University reserves the right to conduct the said test in the cities wherever reasonable numbers of candidates appear for the said test.
- All the candidates who have applied for Ph.D. Degree programme shall appear for All India Entrance Test except those who have qualified UGC NET, JRF, CSIR, SLET, GATE, M.Phil., a Judge who has served for minimum three years as a Judge of High Court in India or Judge of the Supreme Court of India, as per these Regulations.
- A candidate who has already obtained Ph.D. Degree in any of the disciplines shall also be exempted from All India Entrance Test (AIET) for subsequent Ph. D. Degree Programme.
- Provided that the research he / she wishes to pursue interfaces with a special focus on public policy or law
- The qualifying marks at the All India Entrance Test shall be 55% for the General Category candidates and 50% for the candidates from other categories, i.e., SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy layer) and Specially Abled Persons.
Syllabus for All India Entrance Test (AIET)
- The All India Entrance Test shall comprise of 25 (Twenty-Five) Multiple Choice Questions of one mark each and 5 (Five) short descriptive questions to be attempted out of 10 (Ten) questions of 5 (Five) marks each here shall be two compulsory questions of 25 (Twenty-Five) marks each wherein the candidate shall write Essay on any two topics of his / her area of interest in about maximum 1000 (one thousand) words.
- The Examination shall be of three hours’ duration.
- (a) The multiple choice questions shall be from the core areas of law, legal and logical reasoning;
- (b) the short descriptive questions and essay type questions shall be from Contract Law, Jurisprudence, Personal Laws, Constitutional Law, International Law, Criminal Law, Human Rights Law, Environmental Law, Corporate Law and Intellectual Property Law; and
- (c) Essay shall be evaluated on critical legal thinking, legal language and comprehension exhibited by the candidate.
- The University has decided to conduct the All India Entrance Test (AIET) for Ph.D. Degree Programme 2019 at Nagpur only.
- The Application Form can be downloaded from the University website www.nlunagpur.ac.in and the filled-in form should be sent along with a Demand Draft for Rs.2,000/- (for Indian Nationals) and Rs.4,000/- (for Foreign Nationals) drawn in favour of “Registrar, Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur ” payable at Nagpur.
- The duly filled-in application form must reach the Office of the Registrar on or before 24th October 2019 either by post or courier. Applications received after the last date shall not be entertained.
- Address for sending the Filled-in Application Form - OSD (Academics), Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur Moraj Design and Decorators (DnD) Building, Adjacent to MIHAN Fly Over, Near HP Oil Depot, Khapri, Wardha Road, Nagpur-440018, Maharashtra, India
- Last Date for receipt of Filled-in Application Form: 24th October 2019
- All India Entrance Examination (AIET) 2019: 10th November 2019
For more information, please visit website www.nlunagpur.ac.in
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur Moraj Design and Decorators (DnD) Building, Adjacent to MIHAN Fly Over, Near HP Oil Depot, Khapri, Wardha Road, Nagpur-440018, Maharashtra, India, LL: 0712-2812607, Website www.nlunagpur.ac.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India