CEE Kerala Law Entrance Exam 2019 for LLB Admission, Dates, Application
CEE Kerala notifies Entrance Exam for Admission to 3- Years LLB Course 2019-20
CEE Kerala LLB Entrance Exam 2019 Notification - Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE) invites applications for the Entrance Examination for Admission to 3 Year LLB Course 2019-20 in the four Govt. Law Colleges in Kerala and in the Private Self-financing Law Colleges in Kerala which enter into seat sharing agreement with the State Government.
CEE Kerala LLB Entrance Exam 2019 Important Dates
- Application Start Date: 02nd May 2019
- Application End Date: 12h May 2019
- Date of Examination: Last week of May 2019
See: Law Entrance Exams
Eligibility Criteria for CEE Kerala LLB Entrance Exam 2019
- Indian Citizens who satisfy any of the following conditions are eligible for admission
- Candidate seeking admission to the course should be a graduate in any faculty of any University in Kerala or of any other Universities, recognized by any of the Universities in Kerala as equivalent thereto
- A candidate who has passed the Bachelor’s Degree Exam with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (i.e., 45% marks for all the parts of the Degree Exam taken together) shall alone be eligible
- However, candidates belonging to the Socially and Educationally Backward Classes need only 42% marks and those belonging to the SC/ST need only 40% marks in the qualifying exam
- No rounding off of percentage of marks to the nearest higher integer is permitted. Applicants who have obtained first degree certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission
- Candidates who are appearing/ appeared for the qualifying exam (regular exam of 2019-20 academic years) are also eligible to apply for the Entrance Exam. Such candidates become eligible for admission only if they produce the Provisional/Degree certificate of the qualifying exam and the mark lists of all parts of the qualifying exam.
- There is no lower age limit for admission to the 3-year LLB Course. The upper age limit for admission to the 3-year LLB Course will be subject to the decision of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
- In case if age restriction under clause 28 of Legal Education Rules, 2008 of Bar Council of India is reinstated, only those candidates within the stipulated age limit will be allowed to appear for the Entrance Exam
Qualifying Standards in the Entrance Exam
- To qualify in the Entrance Exam, and thereby figure in the rank list, a General/SEBC category applicant should secure a minimum of 10% of the total marks in the Entrance Exam whereas a candidate belonging to SC/ST category should get a minimum of 5% of the total marks.
KLEE 2019 Exam Pattern
- The Entrance Examination will be a Computer Based Test and will be conducted at Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam, Thrissur and Kozhikode during the last week of May 2019
- The Entrance Exam will be of 3 hours duration (10.00 am to 1.00 pm) and will consist of 200 Objective Type Questions of three marks each [Total: 200 x 3 = 600]
- For every wrong answer one mark each will be deducted
- The questions will be based on
- General English;
- (General Knowledge and;
- Aptitude or Legal Studies
CEE Kerala LLB Application Process 2019
- Application Fee is Rs.650/- for General and SEBC Candidates and Rs.325/- for SC/ST Candidates
- Candidates seeking admission to the course can apply online through the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in of the Commissioner for Entrance Exams from 02nd May to 12th May 2019 and then remit the required application fee by way of online payment or by way of e-challan available during the submission of online application.
- Payment through e-challan can be made in cash at any of the Head/Sub Post Offices in Kerala. Application fee once remitted will not be refunded
- After remitting the fee, the candidate has to upload a recent passport-size colour photograph, signature and required documents/certificates as mentioned in clause 13.2.4 of the prospectus along with the online application. No need to send the printout of the application to the office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations
- Candidates will not be allowed to include any additional information in the application form or to submit any certificate/document claiming reservation or any benefits, after the submission of the online application
- Prospectus and notification containing details of the Entrance Exam are available in the website: www.cee-kerala.org
See: Entrance Exam Dates
Government of Kerala
(Higher Education Dept. - Govt. /Self-financing Law College), Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Housing Board Buildings, Santhinagar, Thiruvananthapuram-695001, Phone No.: 0471-2332120, 2338487, Website www.cee.kerala.gov.in