Gauhati University Law Program Admission 2019, Dates, Application
Gauhati University announces Law Program Integrated B.A.,LL.B , B.A.,LL.B (Hons.) and LL.B. Course Admission 2019
Gauhati University Law Admission 2019 - Applications in prescribed online application forms are invited from eligible candidates for admission into the First Semester of Five Year Integrated B.A., LL.B. /B.A.,LLB ( Hons.) & Three year LL.B. Degree program for the academic session 2019-20.
- B.A., LL.B Course
- B.A., LL.B (Hons.) Course
- LL.B. Course
Gauhati University Law Admission 2019 Important Date
- Online Application process will be opened: 10th June 2019
- Last date for receipt of filled-in forms Online: 21st June 2019
- Issue of Admit Card Online: 26th June 2019
- Date & Time Entrance Exam B.A., LL.B. / B.A., LL.B. (Hons.): 04th July 2019, 11.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
- Date & Time Entrance Exam LL.B.: 05th July 2019, 11.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
- Venue of Entrance Examination: University Law College, G.U
- Publication of provisional Selection List on the college notice board and website: 15th July 2019
- Provisional admission of students into First Semester of B.A., LL.B. /B.A.,LLB ( Hons.) course whose names appear in the Merit list: 17th July 2019
- Provisional admission of students into First Semester of LL.B. course whose names appear in the Merit list: 18th July 2019
- Commencement of classes: 01st August 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Gauhati University Law Admission 2019
B.A., LL.B/B.A., LL.B (Hons.) Course
- A candidate for admission into the Five Year B.A.LL.B (Hons) course shall have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) or an equivalent examination from recognized Board etc. securing in the aggregate not less than 45% of the total marks for general candidates and not less than 40% for SC/ST/OBC/MOBC candidates.
Three Year LL.B
- A candidate for admission into the Three Year LL.B Course shall be a graduate in any discipline of knowledge from this University or any other recognized University with a minimum percentage of marks not below 45% of the total marks in case of general category applicants and 40% of the total marks in case of SC/ST and OBC/MOBC applicants
- Admission Test, if necessary and subject to availability of seats, will be applicable in case of SC/ST and OBC/MOBC candidates above 40% but below 45%.
Entrance Exam Pattern
- There is negative marking @ 0.5 mark for each wrong answer.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Total Marks- 100 : Multiple Choice Questions: 100 (1 Mark x 100)
- General Knowledge: (1 mark x 20) 20 Marks
- General English and Comprehension (1 mark x 10) 10 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (numerical ability) (1 mark x 10) 10 Marks
- Logical Reasoning and Aptitude: (1 mark x 30) 30 Marks
- English (1 mark x 30) 30 Marks
- The General Knowledge component will cover the following fields:
- Legal events and developments
- Current events of Regional, National and International importance
- General Science including basic Computer knowledge
- History of India
- Indian Polity, Sports and Economy
- N.B: A Student has to obtain at least 40% marks out of total marks in the Entrance Examination to be eligible for admission. Amongst those candidates who have obtained at least 40% marks out of total marks in the Entrance Examination, the provisional selection list for admission will be prepared on merit basis as per the existing rules.
Gauhati University Law Admission 2019 Application Process
- Online application process will be opened from 10th June, 2019 (5.00 p.m. onwards) till 21st June, 2019 (up to 12 at midnight) for admission into the University Law College, Gauhati University for the session 2019-2020 at www.gauhati.ac.in. Interested students are asked to apply within the stipulated time frame.
- Prospectus downloadable from the University website at www.gauhati.ac.in. Applicants are required to pay an amount of Rs. 600/- [i.e. Rs.250/- (two hundred fifty only) as application fee and Rs. 350/- (three hundred fifty) as Entrance Fee ] as applicable using the online SBI Challan to be generated at the time of submission of the online form in any SBI Branch. Bank charges will have to be borne by the applicant.
- Prospectus-2019-2020 is available at the G.U. website: www.gauhati.ac.in. All applicants are advised to follow the eligibility criteria before filling up of the form. Students are also advised to keep visiting the university website from time to time to know about any change of policy and dates that may occur, if and when required.
Gauhati University, Guwahati
(University of Law College), The Registrar, Gauhati University, Gopinath Bordoloi Nagar, Guwahati-781014, Assam India, Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.gauhati.ac.in.
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here