WIT Darbhanga Admissions 2018 - L.N. Mithila University, Darbhanga
WIT Darbhanga Entrance Exam 2018 (CAT) for B.Tech. & MCA Admission
WIT Darbhanga Admission 2018 - Women's Institute of Technology (WIT), Darbhanga invites application for admission into B. Tech. & MCA program through WIT Darbhanga Entrance Exam 2018 (CAT) which will be conducted by the L.N. Mithila University, Darbhanga
Admission will be granted to 4 years of B.Tech. Program in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) and Bioinformatics (BI) and 3-years Master of Computer Application (MCA) Program for the academic session 2018-19
- Submission of Online Application Form: 09th April 2018 to 14th May 2018
- Last Date of Online Application Form: 14th May 2018
- Issue of Admit Card: To be announced
- Date of Entrance Exam: 24th May 2018
- Declaration of Result: 11th June 2018
- Counselling and Admission starts: Last week of June 2018
B.Tech. - 4 Years (Eight Semesters)
- Information Technology - 60 Seats
- Computer Science &Engg.- 60 Seats
- Electrical & Electronics Engg.- 60 Seats
- Bioinformatics - 60 Seats
Master of Computer Application (MCA) - 3 Years (Six Semester) - 60 Seats
- Admission through Lateral Entry in second year of B.Tech. (CSE & IT) is also allowed for diploma holders in relevant program.
- P+C+M = Physics + Chemistry + Mathematics, P+C+B = Physics + Chemistry + Biology
- B.Tech in IT, CSE, EEE & Bioinformatics(BI) for the academic session 2018-19 is open to all girl students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized University/Board/Council either with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) for IT/CSE/EEE/BI or with Physics, Chemistry & Biology/Mathematics (PCB/M) for BI only with at least 45% (40% for reserved category) aggregate marks in PCM/PCB
- Student should have passed in English at 10+2 or equivalent level
Lateral Entry to B.Tech. in IT & CSE
- To all Girl/Women students having Passed Diploma Exam in a relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in appropriate branch of Engineering and Technology
- Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed 10+2 exam with Mathematics as a subject
3-year PG Course in MCA
- All Girl/Women students having a recognized 50% (45% for reserved category) marks at graduate level having passed in mathematics as one of the subjects at the +2 level of the 10+2 pattern/International or equivalent Examination
- Students having Hons. Degree in subjects other (BCA) graduates are also eligible for the admission
- Candidate appearing in the qualifying exam are eligible to appear in the Combined Admission Test (CAT- 2018) however, if selected their admission will be subject to passing the qualifying exam with minimum qualifying marks as mentioned above at the time of admission
Exam Pattern Combined Admission Test (CAT)
- Students will have to take the CAT-2018 to Qualify for admission in any of the programs. Admission will be granted to 4 years of B.Tech. Program in:
- Information Technology (IT)
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Bioinformatics (BI)
- (as per merit list) and 3 years Master of Computer Application (MCA) Program on the basis of the merit list of Combined Admission Test (CAT-2018) to be conducted by the L.N. Mithila University, Darbhanga
- The duration of CAT-2018 will be of 2 hours 15 minutes containing total 150 objective types Questions (for both B.Tech and MCA). There will be no negative marking for the wrong answer.
- For admission to the first year of B.Tech Program, CAT-2018 will be of 3 papers, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology, each containing 50 objective questions.
- For admission to the second year of B.Tech through Lateral Entry in CSE and IT programs of Engineering the CAT-2018, if held (subject to adequate number of applicants), will be of 2 hours 15 minutes containing total 150 objective types Questions of – Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Mathematics and Technical English.
- For admission to first year of MCA program the CAT-2018 will be of 4 papers having 50 objective questions in Mathematics, 50 Questions in Analytical ability and Logical Reasoning, 25 Questions in Computer Awareness and 25 Questions in General English.
- The University reverses the right to fix minimum qualifying marks for a candidate to be declared successful at the Entrance Test. No application/correspondence shall be entertained for re-evaluation or re-totalling of qualifying papers of CAT
- Merit list of Combined Admission Test (CAT-2018) will be prepared by the L.N. Mithila University, Darbhanga
- Candidates will be able to check the merit list from the official website i.e. witlnmu.ac.in or direct will also be provided on this page for the sake of candidates
- Candidates selected in the merit list of CAT-2018 will have to appear for the counselling for Admission to WIT Darbhanga with the required original Certificates and Documents.
Reservation of Seat
- Reservation of seats for permanent resident/native/domicile of Bihar shall be made as per existing rules of Govt. of Bihar
- Schedule Caste (SC)–16%
- Schedule Tribes (ST)–01%
- Extremely Backward Class (EBC)–18%
- Backward Class (BC)– 15%
- 10% seats are reserved under NRI/Payment quota seats. 5% of seats are reserved for wards of permanent employees of Lalit Narayan Mithila University, Darbhanga (wife and unmarried daughter), Ward Certificate from Employer and affidavit of the employee must be enclosed with Application Form
- Candidates belonging to reserved category and selected under General category will not be treated/ counted under reserved quota
- Issue of Hall Ticket does not certify the eligibility of candidate. All the verifications for eligibility shall be checked at the time of counseling if selected in merit list
- Hall Ticket to all valid/eligible applicants shall be dispatched by Registered/Speed Post, in case a candidate fails to receive her Hall Ticket due to postal delay or any such reasons, she would be provided the Duplicate Hall Ticket for which she is required to report at W.I.T., one day before the day of admission test (CAT) along with a copy of passport size photograph, photocopy of duly filled-in application form and proof of the postal dispatch/receiving of application form.
- Application Form will be downloaded from the official website of WIT www.witlnmu.ac.inor the direct link will also be provided on this page
- Application Form Availability and Submission
- Application and Prospectus may be obtained in person/ by hand on depositing demand draft of any nationalized bank drawn in favor of WIT,LNMU, Payable at Darbhanga of Rs.1000/-(cost of application form+ examination charges + postage etc.). After this, the duly filled application form along with photocopy of all the applicable testimonials should be deposited in person/ by hand in office of WIT
- Application Form & Prospectus may be downloaded from the official website of WIT www.witlnmu.ac.in.
- After filling of this application form it may be sent by speed/registered post before the last date of submission to the: Director, Women’s Institute of Technology, Old Navoday Campus, Kameswaranagar, Darbhanga-846008, along with demand draft of any nationalized bank drawn in favor of W.I.T.,L.N.M.U., Payable at Darbhanga of Rs.1050/-(cost of application form + examination charges + postage etc.) and photocopy of all the applicable testimonials must be attached with the completed application form
- (The institute shall not be responsible for non-receipt/delayed receipt of application form by post due to postal delay or any other reasons.)
Women’s Institute of Technology
L. N. Mithila University, Kameshwaranagar, Darbhanga-846004 (Bihar), Phone No.: 06272-246579, Email: email@example.com, Websitewww.witlnmu.ac.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here