WBJEE JEHOM 2019 for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Admission
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board announces Common Entrance Test JEHOM for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (HMCT) Admission 2019
WBJEE JEHOM 2019 - West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board will conduct the Common Entrance Test JEHOM as well as Counselling for admission to full time Bachelor Degree in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (HMCT) for the academic year 2019-20
Students seeking admission to AICTE approved Under Graduate (UG) Course in Hotel Management in the State of West Bengal for the academic year 2019-20 have to appear in this state level Joint Entrance Examination.
Candidates can see more information regarding How to Apply, Important Dates and various other important information on the page below.
About WB JEHOM 2019
- For 2019–20 academic sessions, the Board will conduct common entrance examination titled JEHOM-2019 for admission into full time Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (HMCT) Course in various institutions in West Bengal.
- The West Bengal Joint Entrance for Hospitality Management or WB JEHOM is a yearly entrance exam conducted for admission to the undergraduate course of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (HMCT) in the institutions in the state of West Bengal.
- Bachelor Degree in Hotel Management (4 years)
WBJEE JEHOM 2019 Important Dates
- Online Application with Payment of Fees 02nd April to 16th April 2019
- Online Correction & Downloading revised Confirmation Page: 17th April to 19th April 2019
- Publication of Downloadable Admit Card: 04th July 2019 (tentative)
- Date of Examinations: 13th July 2019 (Saturday)
- Publication of Results 13th August 2019 (tentative)
- Number of seats (tentative) in various colleges is given below. The final number is subject to approval by concerned authorities. Final seat availability will be declared by the Board in www.wbjeeb.in before counselling
- NSHM School of Hotel Management - 120 Seats
- Siliguri Institute of Technology - 45 Seats
- Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management - 60 Seats
- Note: There is no mention of any domicile requirement
Eligibility Criteria for WBJEE JEHOM 2019
- Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit: Not less than 17 years as on 31st December 2019.
- The candidate must qualify and obtain a rank in JEHOM 2018.
- Candidate must have passed in 10+2 level examination in regular mode from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or from any other equivalent board and obtained at least 45% marks in aggregate in 10+2 level examination.
Important information to candidates regarding eligibility:
- WBJEEB do neither verify the information provided by the candidate during online application nor verify any certificate of date of birth, domicile, income, reservation category, academic qualification etc. for deciding the eligibility of the candidate
- Admit cards issued only on the basis of the information provided by the candidate. Also there is no scope of changing/correcting any information after the last date of online application
- All verifications are done during counselling/admission by concerned authorities and finally by the concerned university, where registration will be done.
- If at any stage after exam it is found on scrutiny that the applicant is otherwise ineligible, his/her candidature shall be treated as cancelled even if he/she secured a Merit Rank in the JEHOM-2019.
- All the three concerned institutes taking admission in Hotel Management and Catering Technology through JEHOM-2019 being private self-financed institutes, reservation of seats is not applicable at this time.
WBJEE JEHOM 2019 Exam Pattern
- The paper will contain 50 MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) type questions, with four answer options each. Each question carries two marks, full mark of the paper is 100 and duration of the test is 1 hour 30 minutes
- The questions will be in English language only. The paper contains four sections as follows:
- English Language - 15
- General Knowledge - 15
- Logical Reasoning - 10
- Elementary Mathematics - 10
- Mode of answering in the Exam
- Questions are to be answered on specially designed optical machine readable response (OMR) sheet, which will be evaluated by the method of Optical Mark Recognition by specially designed machines and therefore it is very important to follow the correct method of marking
- There will be 4 (four) alternative answers for each question. Candidate will indicate response to the questions by darkening the appropriate circle completely with blue/black ball point pen
Allocation of Exam Center
- During online application, the candidate has to choose any 2 (two) of the following examination zones
- Durgapur (Code: 731)
- Kolkata (Code: 811)
- Siliguri (Code: 751)
WBJEE JEHOM 2019 Application Form
- Application for the JEHOM-2019 has to be made ONLINE only through the web- portal www.wbjeeb.in.
- The candidate will first enter the registration details i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name and Date of birth, mobile number and email ID. Thereafter, the candidate has to choose password and security question/answer; the candidate will be then asked to submit the registration detail; an application number will be generated, and SMS/email will be sent to the candidate
- For making the application, the candidate needs to have a working mobile number and an email ID. All future communications will be done using them only; the application procedure is interactive in nature.
Payment and Confirmation
- The candidate has to take a print out of the e-challan for payment of fees of Rs. 510/- (Application Fee = Rs. 500/- and Bank Charges = Rs. 10/-). Carry the e-challan to any branch of Allahabad Bank and make payment
- After making the payment, the candidate has to login again and enter relevant payment details.
- At the end of these four steps candidate will “SUBMIT” finally, when system will automatically generate a confirmation page.
- The candidate needs to download, take a print out and preserve this confirmation page
WBJEE JEHOM Admit Card 2019
- Admit cards will be generated on the notified date for the student to download and to take a print. Candidate has to carry to the examination centre a printed hard copy of the admit card.
- Candidates must ensure that the admit card is not mutilated/ distorted/ soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated/ distorted/ soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in JEHOM-2019.