VSUPGCET 2019 Vikrama Simhapuri University Common Entrance Test 2019 for Postgraduate Courses Admission
Vikrama Simhapuri University announces Common Entrance Test (PGCET) 2019 for Postgraduate courses Admission 2019
VSUPGCET 2019 Notification - Vikrama Simhapuri University Nellore applications are invited for admission into various Post-Graduate Courses (M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., M.S.W and M.Ed) offered by Vikrama Simhapuri University, Nellore at its constituent and affiliated Colleges during the academic year 2019-20. The admissions into the above courses are through the Post Graduate Common Entrance Tests conducted by Vikrama Simhapuri University, VSUPGCET 2019. The admissions are governed by the VSU PGCET-2019.
See: MA Admissions
VSU PGCET 2019 Important Dates
- Commencement of Uploading/Submission of Online Applications: 12th Apr 2019
- Last date for submission of Online Applications Application Fee: Rs.400/- (for SC/ST/PHC) Rs.500/- (for OTHERS): 10th May 2019
- Last date for submission of Online Application with Late fee Rs.800/- (Includes Application Fee) (for SC/ST/PHC) Rs.900/- (Includes Application Fee) (for others): 18th May 2019
- Last date for submission of Online Application with Tatkal fee Rs.1200/- (Includes Application Fee) (for SC/ST/PHC) Rs.1300/- (Includes Application Fee) (for others): 21st May 2019
- Last date for submission of print out of the application in VSU PGCET office: 24th May 2019
- Downloading Hall-Tickets from website 27th May 2019 onwards
- Tentative Schedule for the Entrance Tests: 06th June 2019 to 08th June 2019
- Releasing of Results: 11th June 2019
- Schedule for Certificates Verification Phase-I: 18th June 2019
- Phase II Counseling for Admissions starts for all colleges including constituent colleges: 20th June to 25th June 2019
- Last date for Cancellation of Admissions 26th June 2019
- Closing of Admissions 25th July 2019
- Class work commences on 01st July 2019
See: MSc Admissions
The Courses offered are of two years duration (4 semesters), except the following
- Integrated Courses in M.Sc. (Biotechnology)/M.Sc. (Food Technology) and MBA (Business Management) which are of 5 years duration,
- Diploma in Journalism, Diploma in Translation is of one-year duration,
- Diploma in Aquaculture is of 6 months duration
- Bachelor of Fine arts (painting & Graphics) is 4 year duration.
- The number of seats available under Regular (R), Self Financing (SF) and Payment (P) categories in different courses offered in the constituent and affiliated colleges of Vikrama Simhapuri University are as follows:
- MA English (Regular-30 & Payment-05); Telugu (Regular-50 & Payment-05); Political Sci & Public Administration (Regular-30 & Payment-05); MSW (Regular-30 & Payment-05); M.Com (Banking & Finance) (Self-Financing-50); M.Ed (Self-Financing-50); 5 Years Integrated MBA (Self-Financing-30)
- Diploma in Journalism Self-Financing-30); and Translation (Self-Financing-30); Bachelor of Fine Arts (Painting & Graphics)-20 self financing.
For further information of intake capacity in various institutes of Vikrama Simhapuri University please visit the official website.
See: M.Com Admission
Eligibility Criteria for VSU Postgraduate Admission 2019
The eligibility criteria for admission into each course along with the entrance test one has to qualify, are given below
- M.A. English: Any graduate with English in Part I or Part II; Test- English
- M.A Political Science & Public Admn.: B.A with Political Science/Public Administration; Test- Political Science & Public Administration
- M.A Telugu/Corporate Telugu: Any graduate with Telugu in Part I or Part II or B.A Oriental Learning in Telugu: Test -Telugu
- MSW (Master of Social Work): B.A with Social Work/Sociology/Psychology (20 seats) or any graduate (10 seats); Test - Social Work
- M.Sc. Biochemistry: B.Sc. with Chemistry/Biochemistry and one biology subject; Test â€“ Biochemistry
- M.Sc. Biotechnology: B.Sc. with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biochemistry and one biology subject or B.Tech Biotechnology or B.Sc. Biotechnology; Test - Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Marine Biology: B.Sc. with any one biology subject; Test - Zoology (Unfilled seats will be filled with candidates qualified in Biotechnology test)
- M.Sc. Botany: B.Sc. with Botany and Chemistry/Biochemistry; Test - Botany
- M.Sc. Organic Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry: B.Sc. with Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry and any two-science subjects; Test - Chemistry
- M.Sc. Human Nutrition & Nutraceutical Chemistry: B.Sc. with Chemistry and one biology subject; Test - Seats are distributed for candidates qualified in Biochemistry, Botany, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Microbiology, and Zoology tests
- M.Sc. Computer Science: B.Sc. Computer Science/BCA/B.A Computer Applications/B.Com Computer Applications /B.Sc. Computer Applications /B.Sc. Mathematics combination/B.A Mathematics combination or any degree equivalent to B.Sc. Computer Science; Test - Computer Science
- M.Sc. Food Technology: B.Sc. Home Science or B.Sc. with any of the following: Biochemistry /Chemistry/Microbiology/Aquaculture/Fishery Science / Zoology / Botany / Biotechnology / Horticulture or B.Sc. (Ag) / B.V.Sc or B.Tech with Food Technology / Dairying; Test - Food Technology
- M.Sc. Mathematics/Applied Mathematics: B.A/B.Sc. with Mathematics; Test - Mathematics
- M.Sc. Microbiology: B.Sc. with Microbiology / Chemistry and any two biology subjects or B.Sc. with Microbiology and Computer Science/Computer Applications; Test - Microbiology
- M.Sc. Physics: B.Sc. with Physics and Mathematics; Test - Physics
- M.Sc. Statistics with Computer Applications: B.A/B.Sc. with Statistics and Mathematics; Test - Statistics
- M.Sc. Zoology: B.Sc. with Zoology and Chemistry; Test - Zoology
- M.Com & M.Com (Banking & Finance): B.Com or B.A with Accountancy, Statistics and Mathematics/Commerce/Economics /Computer Applications or BBA or B.Sc. with Mathematics, Accountancy and Computer Science; Test - Commerce
- M.Com (Financial Management): B.Com General / Computers or B.A with AES group or BBM; Test - Commerce
- M.Ed: B.Ed; Test - Education
- 5-year Integrated (M.Sc. Biotechnology): Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent with Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Test - Integrated Biotechnology
- 5-year Integrated (M.Sc. Food Technology): Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent with Biology, Physics, Chemistry; Test - Integrated Food Technology
- 5-year Integrated (Master of Business Administration): Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent; Test - Integrated Business Administration
- Diploma in Aquaculture: A pass in Higher Secondary/Intermediate(10+2) Scheme with Biology as one of the subjects or equivalent qualification; Test - Aquaculture
- Diploma in Journalism: Graduates of any stream and 2 years experience in Media/ Communication Organizations in any of the positions(Script Writer/Reporter/Sub Editor/Photographer / Technical Assistant/ PRO etc; Test - Journalism
- Diploma in Translation: Any graduate from a recognized University; Test - Translation (Medium of Instruction - Telugu)
Eligibility Criteria for CET
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying exam from a recognized University; for admission into M.A. Economics, English, Political Science & Public Administration, Telugu, M.Sc. Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics/Applied Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics & Zoology (where the concerned subject is compulsory in the degree), the candidate should have at least 40% marks in the concerned subject
- For admission into any other course, the candidate should have at least 40% aggregate marks in the group subjects
- For admission into M.Ed., the aggregate marks in B.Ed should be at least 50% and the aggregate marks in degree/PG should be at least 45%
- Pass is sufficient for SC/ST candidates for admission into any course
- A candidate who has already passed the qualifying exam or who has appeared/is appearing for the final year annual exam in 2019 is eligible to apply
- Supplementary candidates of 2019 are not eligible for admission during 2019-20
VSUPGCET 2019 Exam Pattern
- There is a prescribed syllabus for each entrance test as given in Section Q. The syllabus of each test consists of 100 marks.
- Each entrance test will be of 90 minutes duration with 100 multiple choice questions. Each question carries one mark and there is no negative mark for wrong answer.
- The test papers for English and Computer Science will be in English; Telugu test will be in Telugu. For all other tests, the question papers will be in both English and Telugu.
- No candidate will be permitted into the examination hall without proper hall ticket.
- Calculators, books, papers, mathematical & physical tables, slide rulers, pagers, electronic organizers, digital diaries, cellular phones or any other calculating aids are not allowed into the examination hall.
- Candidate should answer only on the OMR SHEET supplied to him/her with name, hall ticket number and photo printed on it.
- Candidate should return both the question paper booklet and OMR Answer Sheet, before leaving the Examination hall.
See: M.Ed Admissions
VSUPGCET 2019 Application Process
- Online Submission: Application should be submitted online in the website www.vsudoa.in.
- After filling the application the candidate should submit a print out of the application along with necessary Xerox copies certificates.
- If the candidates apply for a particular test and if found to be not eligible for that test, the test fee paid will not be refunded. Hence the candidates are advised to go through thoroughly the eligibility conditions given in the instruction booklet before applying.
- The candidates who have paid less than the prescribed fees their application will be rejected
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected
- For Others Rs. 500/-, For SC/ST/ PHC Rs. 400/-
VSUPGCET 2019 Hall Tickets
- Hall tickets for the entrance test can be downloaded from www.vsudoa.in one week before the commencement of the VSUPGCET 2019 tests; VSUPGCET-2019 hall ticket is to be preserved carefully and produced at the time of admission
- Entrance tests will be conducted at V S UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, NELLORE and also in Tirupathi, Kadapa, Anantapuram, Kurnool, Guntur and Visakhapatnam based on number of applications received.
Vikrama Simhapuri University (VSU) Nellore
Nellore-524 003, Andhra Pradesh, Tel.: 0861-2352366, Website www.vsupgcet.in , Email: vsupgcet email@example.com