Allahabad University Combined Research Entrance Test (CRET) 2019, Application, Dates
Allahabad University Combined Research Entrance Test 2019 for PhD Admission
Allahabad University CRET 2019 - The University of Allahabad shall conduct Combined Research Entrance Test- 2019 (CRET-2019) at Allahabad for admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) (hereinafter referred to as PhD. Program) of the University of Allahabad for the session 2019-20 in the subjects.
It conducts its own admission test to get admission in the various fields, i.e. science, commerce, arts, law, etc. In this notification, we have updated detailed information about Allahabad University Admission 2019 including exams, application form, eligibility, exam dates, pattern, etc.
See: PHD Admissions
Details of Program
- All candidates seeking admission to the PhD Program of the University of Allahabad for the session 2019-20, in the subjects listed in para, shall have to qualify in the Combined Research Entrance Test (CRET-2019) to be conducted by the Allahabad University at Allahabad.
- All candidates, including candidates exempted in Level 1 Test, shall be required to fulfill the following Eligibility Criteria for appearing in CRET-2019 and for admission to the D.Phil. Program.
Allahabad University CRET 2019 Important Dates
- Registration and Submission of Form Online: 12th April 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Form Online: 03rd May 2019
- Date of Downloading Admit Cards Online Only: One week before the Admission Test
- Date of Entrance Examination: 20th to 22nd May 2019 (Monday to Wednesday)
- Declaration of Final Results: To be announced later on
Eligibility Criteria for Allahabad University CRET 2019
- Candidates who have qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC)/Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) shall be exempted from the Level 1 Test of CRET examination conducted by the University of Allahabad.
- A minimum score at the Post-graduate Examination of 55% marks (or the equivalent Letter Grade/Grade Point under the seven-point Letter Grade Scale), laid down by the UGC in the case of General candidates and 50% marks (or the equivalent Letter Grade / Grade Point) in the case of OBC/SC/ST/PH candidates.
- For the purposes of Criterion 1.02.1, the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate shall not be rounded-off to the next higher integer.
- A minimum average score in the entire academic career of 54% marks (or the equivalent Letter Grade/Grade Point) in the case of General/OBC candidates; or 49% marks (or the equivalent Letter Grade/Grade Point) in the case of SC/ST/PH candidates.
- Provided further, If the candidate desires to appear at Level 1 of the CRET examination he/she is allowed to appear at Level 1 of CRET examination, but his eligibility shall be determined only on the basis of the marks obtained by him/her in the CRET Exam.
- Categories of candidates shall be exempted from the Level 1 & Level 2 Tests, both:
- All the candidates selected by the University Grants Commission (UGC)/Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), subject to the validity norms of the respective fellowship. However, such candidates who have been selected for JRF are desires of appearing at Level 1 and Level 2 of the CRET-2019 exam, they are allowed to appear in CRET-2019 exam conducted by University of Allahabad.
- Provided further the eligibility of such candidates shall be determined only on the basis of the marks obtained by him/her in the CRET exam.
- Candidates for PhD. in the Dept. of Electronics and Communication with M.Tech/M.E in Electronics Engineering or equivalent subjects or M.Tech/ME in Computer Science & Engineering or equivalent Subjects.
- Candidates for D.Phil in the Dep. of Earth and Planetary Sciences with M.Tech in Geology/Applied geology or Geo-Physics who have valid GATE score before the last date of applying for CRET and have a GATE score of not less than 75%.
- There shall be negative marking in objective-type questions; for every correct answer 4 marks will be awarded and for each wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- For General and OBC Category Candidates: Level 1 will be qualifying for Level 2 and Level 2 will be qualifying for Level 3. However, for Level 3, marks of Level 2 only will be considered. In order to qualify Level 1, 40% marks are essential. Similarly, to qualify for Level 3, 40% marks at Level 2 is necessary. However, if a candidate fails to score 40% marks at Level 1 or at Level 2, he/she shall be eligible for Level 3 provided that the total marks at Level 1 and Level 2 is 50%; the merit of Level 2 only will be considered for Level 3
- For SC/ST/PH Category Candidates: Level 1 will be qualifying for Level 2 & Level 2 will be qualifying for Level 3. However, for Level 3, marks of Level 2 only will be considered. In order to qualify Level 1, 35% marks are essential. Similarly, to qualify for Level 3, 35% marks at Level 2 is necessary. However, if a candidate fails to score 35% marks at Level 1 or at Level 2, he/she shall be eligible for Level 3 provided that the total marks at Level 1 and Level 2 is 40%. The merit of Level 2 only will be considered for Level 3
Allahabad University CRET 2019 Exam Pattern
Level 1 Test
- This test is of objective type questions and it is divided into two sections - Section A and Section B. Negative Marking for wrong answers is applicable for Level 1 Test
- Section A: General Awareness, Academic and Research Aptitude: This Section of the paper will comprise of 50 multiple choices type objective questions of the subject opted by the candidate. All questions are to be attempted. Each question carries four marks. Duration of this Section will be 01:30 hours.
- Section B: Subject Proficiency in the CRET 2019 subject applied for: This Section will comprise of 50 multiple choices type questions of the subject opted by the candidate. All questions are to be attempted. Each question carries four marks. Duration of this Section will be 01:30 hours.
- Test for Level 1 - Section A and Level 1 - Section B will be in continuation. Candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam room in between the two Sections
- Immediately after completion of Section A duration, i.e. 1:30 hours, the question/answer booklet for Section A will be collected and simultaneously question booklet and answer sheet for Section B will be distributed. Total duration of Level 1 Test (Level 1 A and Level 1 B) is 3 hours
Level 2 (Written Subject Test)
- This test is of subjective type based on the subject of CRET-2019 opted by the candidate in its online registration and eligibility
- The duration of Level 2 (Written Subject Test) of CRET-2019 shall be two hours and the total marks shall be 200; this test will comprise of 3 sections consisting of Short Answer (10 questions of 10 marks each to be answered in 200 words), Medium Answer (3 questions of 20 marks each to be answered in 200 words) and Long Answer question (1 question of 40 marks to be answered in 400 words)
- In all 14 questions are to be answered in Level 2 Test. There may or may not be internal choices within each question
- The TEST FEES prescribed for Different Categories of Candidates for CRET-2019 are as follows:
- Unreserved / OBC: Rs. 1600/-
- SC / ST / PH: Rs. 800/
- It should be noted that the Test Fees shall not be refunded or carried over in case the application of the candidate is rejected, or his/her candidature is cancelled at any stage, or he/she does not appear wholly or partially for CRET-2019
Allahabad University CRET 2019 Application Procedure
- A candidate who fulfils the minimum Eligibility Criteria and seeks to appear in CRET-2019 in a Subject that is available and is also admissible to him/her must complete, and submit through the Internet, as per modality and schedule set out in the following paras, the prescribed Online Application/Registration Form for appearing for the Level 1 Test /Level 2 Test /Level 3 Test (as the case may be) at CRET-2019 in the concerned/admissible Subject and must remit, within due time, the prescribed Test Fees to the University.
- Candidate is strongly advised to familiarize himself/herself with the Schedule for different processes/stages of CRET-2019.
- The On-line Application/Registration Form for CRET-2019 shall be accessible only during the dates specified in the Schedule at the Universityâ€™s Website for CRET, namely www.aupravesh.org
- Before proceeding to fill and submit the On-line Application/Registration Form for CRET-2019, the candidate is strongly advised to carry out the following tasks for his/her own convenience:
- Take a Printout of this Bulletin (Information and Guidelines) and read it carefully
- Take a Print-out of the CRET-2019 Syllabus of the Subject in which he/she desires, and is eligible, to appear
- Read thoroughly the Instructions for the filling and submission of the Online Form
- Review and ensure the correctness of the details of his/her academic record at the High School and Intermediate (or equivalent) and the Graduation and Post-graduation level, for purposes of making required entries in the On-line Form.
- Get his/her latest Passport-size Colour Photograph and his signature scanned by Computer, so that the scanned Photograph and Signature can be submitted with the Online Form; the original of the scanned Photograph should be carefully preserved for submission to the CRET-2019 Committee in the manner specified.
- The candidates should, thereafter, send it to "The Director- CRET-2019, Monirba, Chatham Lines Campus, University of Allahabad, Allahabad-211002" by registered or speed post
- Candidates cannot submit more than one application form for CRET-2019; any candidate who submits more than one, will be disqualified or his forms will be cancelled