GLS Institute of Design announces DAT 2020 for Admission to Bachelor’s and Integrated Master’s Course in Design
GLS Institute of Design Ahmedabad DAT Entrance Exam 2020 – GLS University, Ahmedabad offers admission to aspirants in four years bachelor’s as well as five years Integrated Master’s Programs at GLS Institute of Design for the year 2020.
In this notification, you will find all the information related to GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2020 such as eligibility criteria, syllabus, application form, results etc.
Also see: Entrance Exams 2020
GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2020
- GLS Institute of Design conducts the entrance examination for admission to the 4-years Bachelor’s Program and 5-years Integrated Master’s Program. The candidates will be granted admission on the basis of their performance in the entrance test.
- The Institute of design offers 4 years Bachelor of Design Program and 5 years Integrated Masters of Design Program with specialization in the areas of product, space, communication & fashion design.
- Design Courses on offer at GLS Institute of Design are as mentioned below:
- Bachelor Program (4 Years) and
- Integrated Masters Program (5 years)
- Apparel Design
- Gems & Jewellery Design
- Accessories Design
- Leather Design
- Graphics Design
- Digital Filmmaking
- Interior & Space Design
- Product Design
Also See: Fashion Designing Entrance Exams 2020
Eligibility Criteria for GLS Institute of Design Ahmedabad DAT Entrance Exam 2020
- Candidates meet GLS Institute of Design DAT 2020 eligibility criteria if they have cleared their Higher Secondary (10+2) from State Board/CBSE/ICSE/IB or equivalent.
GLS DAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- GLS Institute of Design DAT 2020 Exam Pattern: The questions asked in GLS DAT are structured in such a way that they tend to evaluate an aspirant’s:
- Observation power
- Utilization of form
- Innovative ways to describe objects/environment
- Drawing skills
- Proportion sense
- GLS Institute of Design Interaction/Interview round
- In the interview/interaction round, aspirants are evaluated on the below mentioned parameters:
- Career orientation
- Aptitude for the course
- Overall personality traits
- Overall personal achievements in academics & extra-curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude
- GLS Institute of Design offers admission in 4 Year Bachelor’s Programme and 5 Year Integrated Masters programme. The admission process for the course consist of different stages
- Form Filling: Collect the application form from the institute or official centers. Fill the form diligently, attach all the documents and submit the form.
- Entrance Test: Appear for the Design Aptitude Test as per available schedule.
- Shortlisting- Stage I: On the basis of performance in the test you will be shortlisted for further process.
- Interaction: Candidates selected for Stage I will be called for interaction at GLS Campus.
- Shortlisting – Stage II: Based on the interaction final shortlisting will be done and offer letter will be issued to selected candidates.
- Selection: Acceptance of payment for the selected candidates will confirm the applicant’s admission.
Also see: Top Fashion Design Colleges in India
GLS Institute of Design Ahmedabad DAT Entrance Exam 2020 Application Process
Step 1 – Fill GLS Institute of Design DAT Application Form:
- Candidates can download the application form of GLS Institute of Design DAT from the official website www.glsid.org of the college. The application form can also be accessed from the college or official centres.
- Aspirants can pay their GLS DAT 2020 application fee by Cash/Demand Draft or Cheque of any nationalised bank drawn in favour of "GLS Institute of Design" payable at Ahmedabad.
- GLS Institute of Design DAT 2020 Application Fee – Rs.200/-
- The official website informs, “The duly filled application form along with self-attested copies of documents and Draft or Cheque should be submitted to GLS Institute of Design, GLS University, Ahmedabad”
Step 2 – Appear for GLS DAT 2020
- Aspirants need to appear for GLS Design Aptitude Test as per the schedule mentioned by the college. The DAT exam conducted by GLS Institute of Design tests an aspirant’s understanding of drawing and observation power.
Step 3 Check Shortlisting – Stage 1 Merit List
- On the basis of an aspirant’s performance in GLS DAT 2020, the college will release the names of shortlisted candidates
Step 4 – Appear for Interaction Round
- Aspirants who have been shortlisted on the basis of their performance in GLS Institute of Design DAT will be called to take part in an interaction session. On the basis of the interaction round, aspirants will be shortlisted further for admission.
Step 5 – Check GLS DAT 2020 Result
- GLS Institute of Design result will be declared once the interaction round with candidates is over. The college will take into consideration an aspirant’s performance in both DAT and interview round while preparing the final merit list for admissions 2020.
- After GLS Institute of Design DAT 2020 result is declared, aspirants will be issued offer letters for admission.
- After the successful registration of entrance exam, GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2020 Admit card will be released by the exam conducting body.
- Candidate will be able to see his/her admit card through online mode from the official website.
- The admit card contains all the basic information such as candidate roll no, category, gender, photograph, exam time and date etc.
Also See: Career in Fashion Designing
GLS Institute of Design Ahmedabad DAT Entrance Exam 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 20th January 2020
- Date of Entrance Test and Interview for B. Des and M. Des will be held on: 25th January 2020
- Venue: GLS University Campus, Ahmedabad.
GLS Institute of Design Ahmedabad
GLS Institute of Design, GLS Campus, Opp. Law Garden, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad-380006, Email: email@example.com, Phone No.: +91 79 26440532, +919687477375, Website www.glsid.org