WB SET 2019 West Bengal State Eligibility Test - Application, Dates
WB SET 2019 Exam Notification
WB SET 2019 - West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) conducts the State Eligibility Test for the candidates who want to become Assistant Professors. WB SET 2019 is scheduled to take place on January 19, 2020. Candidates can start applying for WB SET Application Form 2020 from September 02, 2019.
The notification highlights all the important details related to the examination including important dates, eligibility criteria and application process.
- West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) organizes WB SET an abbreviation to West Bengal State Eligibility Test 2019 every year. The motive of organizing WB SET 2019 is to select eligible and deserving candidates for the designation of Assistant Professor and Lecturer in the Universities of West Bengal.
- Applications are invited from eligible candidates for twenty second State Eligibility Test for the posts of Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges of West Bengal only.
- The West Bengal College Service commission (WBCSC) which holds the WB SET Exam 2019 has released the detailed.
WB SET 2019 – Important Dates
- Submission of online Application Form: 02nd September 2019 (12 Noon)
- Last date for Applying Online and payment through credit/debit card/internet banking: 30th September 2019 (12 Midnight)
- Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank challan at any branch of United Bank of India: 15th October 2019
- Date of Examination: 19th January 2020
- Candidates need to fulfill some eligibility requirements in order to appear for WB SET 2020. Check details requirements given below for the same:
- General category candidates must have obtained at least 55% aggregate & those belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD categories must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate in the Master’s Degree or equivalent examination recognized by UGC.
- Those aspirants who have appeared or will be appearing for the final year exam of Master’s Degree can also apply.
- Candidates who had completed Master’s Degree by 19th September 1991 and are current Ph.D. degree holders will be eligible and get a relaxation of 5% aggregate.
- He/she is eligible to apply if holds postgraduate diploma/ certificate awarded by Indian University OR foreign degree/ diploma/ certificate awarded by the foreign University.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for SET. However, for the purpose of recruitment, the relevant Government Order will be applicable
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions.
- In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time. The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF exam prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET/SET.
- The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India
Admit Card for SET
- It may be noted that the admit card will be uploaded on the website www.wbcsconline.in in the first week of December 2019. No Admit Cards will be sent to the candidates by post.
- The candidates should download their Admit Cards from the website to ascertain their venue of the Test as mentioned in the Admit Card and appear in the examination only at the designated examination center.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him/her in the admit card.
- Here is the complete list of examination centres for the conduct of WB SET 2019
- Kolkata; Jhargam; Murshidabad; Howrah; Bankura; Hooghly; Purulia; North 24 Pargana; Malda; Nadia; Uttar Dinajpur; Burdwan; Siliguri; Asansol; Alipurduar; Birbhum; Coochbehar; Purba Medinipur; Paschim Medinipur; South 24 Pargana; Darjeeling
WB SET Subjects Name
- WB SET conducts the examination for 30 subjects in total. The candidates can opt for any one of the exams. The list of the subjects is as well.
- English; Bengalil Sanskrit; Hindi; Urdu; Commerce; Economics; History; Philosophy; Political science; Education; Chemical sciences; Geography; Life sciences; Mathematical sciences; Physical sciences; Sociology; Psychology; Library & information science; Physical education; Electronic science; Computer science; Home science; Santhali; Mass communication & journalism; Anthropology; Earth, atmosphere, ocean & planetary sciences; Music; Law and Nepali
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 19th January 2020 (SUNDAY) in two separate sessions as under:
- First Paper-I: 100 Marks & 50 Questions, all are compulsory [Duration: 1 Hour (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.) IST]
- First Paper-II: 200 Marks & 100 Questions, all are compulsory [Duration: 2 Hours (11:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.) IST]
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching, research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper – II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper – III (including all electives, without options).
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I & Paper – II on the OMR Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
- The detailed instructions for filling up the OMR sheet are given on page 9 and 10. It may be noted that these instructions to candidates will not be sent to any of the candidates by
Declaration of Result
- Top 6% of the appearing candidates who appear in both two papers and secure at least 40% aggregate marks for candidates belonging to General Category and at least 35% aggregate marks for candidates belonging to reserved categories, viz., SC, ST, OBC (belonging to Non Creamy Layer)/EWS and PWD (Transgender also) will be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor by following the reservation policy of the Government of West Bengal
- This will comprise of following steps:
- Step I: The number of candidates to be qualified (total slots) for Eligibility for Assistant Professor shall be equal to 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of SET.
- Step II: The total slots shall be allocated to different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of West Bengal.
Steps for Submission of Online Application Form
- Candidate seeking admission to the Test (SET) must apply online only on the WBCSC website www.wbcsconline.in
- Before applying online, the candidates must possess the scanned images as below:
- #Passport size photograph in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 40 kb. The dimension of the photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- #Signature in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 30 kb. The dimension of the signature should be 3.5 cm (width) x 1.5 cm (height).
- After filling all the details for applying online for SET the candidates have to select the option of payment of examination fee either by credit/debit card/internet banking or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form indicating their details therein and follow the process as mentioned under 5 (ii & iii) on page 2
- The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card along with their printout of online admit card on the day of examination
- Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available on WBCSC website www.wbcsconline.in. Please note that Fee submitted through any other mode like
- Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
- In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. WBCSC will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature in submission of online application during last days.
Application Fee & Mode of Payment
- The payment towards the WB SET 2020 Application Fee can be done either by online mode (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Internet Banking) or through offline mode (e-challan).
- In the case of e-challan, the fee can be deposited at any Branch of the United Bank of India.
- Bank Charges will be applicable plus the service tax.
- Once an aspirant has deposited the fee, then, it will be non-refundable.
- General - Rs.1000/-
- OBC/ EWS - Rs.500/-
- SC/ST/PwD/Transgender - Rs.250/-
- The candidates may pay the examination fee either by credit/ debit card/internet banking or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form
- In case of e-challan the payment should be made at any branch of the United Bank of India in India (Bank charges Rs. 48/- (including G.S.T).