Telangana SET 2019, Notification, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Osmania University Notification for Telangana State Eligibility Test (TS SET) 2019
TS SET 2019 - Telangana State Eligibility Test - Osmania University (OU) issued Telangana State - State Eligibility Test (TS SET) 2019 Notification to conduct Telangana State - State Eligibility Test (TS SET) for promotions of Lecturers/Assistant Professors in Degree Colleges/Universities as per the University Grants Commission Regulations.
Telangana State - State Eligibility Test (TS SET) 2019 will be conducted on 05th, 06th and 08th July 2019. For further details such as important dates, eligibility, application, exam pattern and more, check the page below.
TS SET 2019 Important Dates
- TS-SET-2019 Notification: 23rd March 2019
- Commencement of Submission of Online Applications: 27th May 2019
- Last date for Submission of Online Applications without Late Fee: 26th April 2019
- With late fee of Rs. 1500/- + Registration Fee: 04th May 2019
- With late fee of Rs. 2000/- + Registration Fee: 14th May 2019
- With late fee of Rs. 3000/- + Registration Fee: 24th May 2019
- Download of Hall Tickets: 25th June 2019
- Dates of Examination: 05th, 06th and 08th July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for TS SET 2019
- Candidates who have completed or are pursuing the final year of PG degree in related subjects are eligible to appear TS-SET. Others need not apply. Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent exam from universities/institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for SET.
- The BC/SC/ST/Physically Challenged (PH/VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent exam are eligible.
- Candidates who have appeared (OR) will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s Degree exam and whose result is still awaited (or) candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply.
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s Degree exam (or) equivalent with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of BC/SC/ST/PH/VH candidates). Such candidates must obtain their P.G degree mark sheet within one year from the date of SET with the required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- PhD Degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed on or before 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in the SET Exam
- Candidates have to appear for SET in the subject of their Post-Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year
- Candidates who qualify in the test are eligible to apply for the post of Asst. Professors /Lecturers in various universities and degree colleges of higher education in Telangana
- Candidates other than general category are required to mention of their social status (BC/SC/ST/VH) in the online application form. The candidates in their own interest must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the test. In case their ineligibility is detected by the Agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action
- Candidates may note that the verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents (PG qualification certificates, caste certificates and certificates related to PH/VH) as may be called for will be taken up only after the candidate has qualified in the test
- Note: Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s Level Exam had been completed on or before 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in the SET Exam
- There is No Upper age limit to apply for TS-SET examination
- Number of Chances: A candidate can avail any number of chances
See: Entrance Exam Dates
Exemption (Eligibility for Lectureship)
- TS-SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in universities/ colleges/institutions. However, the candidates, who have been awarded a PhD Degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of PhD Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of SET
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Lectureship held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Lectureship anywhere in India
- For SET held from 01st June onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Lecturer only in the universities/colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their TS-SET
Reservation of Fee Information
- OC - 1200/-
- BC - 1000/-
- SC/ST/PH/VH - 700/-
TSSET 2019 Exam Scheme
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held in 3 Hours of duration in one session as under:
- Paper-I: 100 Marks & 50 questions all are compulsory
- Paper-II: 200 Marks & 100 questions all are compulsory
- Duration of Test: 3 Hours
- Shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, Comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- All the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi.
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I & Paper-II.
TS SET 2019 Exam Centers
- The examination will be conducted in 10 erstwhile districts namely - Adilabad, Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda, Nizamabad, Warangal, Khammam, Medak, Ranga Reddy
TS SET 2019 Application Process
- The interested candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria of TS SET 2019 can apply online by visiting the official website www.telanganaset.org.
- Interested candidates will have to submit the registration fee of Rs.1200/- (for General Category), Rs.1000/- (for BC Category) and Rs.700/- (for SC/ST/PWD Category). The fee should be paid through payment gateway (Credit card/Debit card/Net banking)
Mode of Payment
- The candidates may pay the examination fee either by Credit Card / Debit Card, the additional processing charges as applicable will also be debited from the Credit Card /Debit Card of the candidate.
- After filling all the details of the online application form for TS-SET examination, the candidate will have the option to select the mode of payment of examination fee either by Credit Card /Debit Card during the online filling of the application form indication their details therein.
- Please note that Fee submitted by any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will not be accepted.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Office of the TS-SET
(Telangana State - State Eligibility Test), Second Floor, Block-II, PGRR Distance Education Centre, Osamania University, Hyderabad-500007 (Telangana State), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 040-27097733, Website www.telanganaset.org