LBS Centre for Science and Technology announces Kerala State Eligibility Test (KSET) 2021
Kerala SET 2021 – LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) invites applications from interested candidates for Kerala State Eligibility Test (KSET) 2021 for the Recruitment of Higher Secondary School Teachers for the year 2021
Kerala SET 2021 Details
- Exam Name: Kerala SET 2021
- Full-Form: Kerala State Eligibility Test
- Type of Exam: State Eligibility Test
- Level of Exam: State Level
- Organizing Body: Govt. of Kerala
- As per G.O.(Rt)No.2138/11/Gl.Edn. Dated
- Government have entrusted with the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, the conduct of the SET on the basis of the syllabus approved by the Board of Exams for the conduct of State Eligibility Test
- Candidates are requested to go through the Prospectus carefully to get themselves acquainted with the rules and regulations before submitting the online application.
Kerala SET 2021 Important Dates
- Online Registration Starting: 20th April 2021
- Online Registration Closing: 05th May 2021 (5:00 pm)
- Online Payment of Registered Candidate up to 07th May 2021 (5:00 pm)
- Online Admission Ticket: Intimated Later
- Date of Test: Intimated Later
Eligibility Criteria for Kerala SET 2021
- Those who have acquired Master’s Degree in the subjects concerned with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and B.Ed. degree in any discipline from any one of the universities in Kerala or have acquired these qualifications from any other university recognised as equivalent thereto are eligible to apply for the SET JULY – 2021 with certain exceptions as mentioned in the following paragraphs.
- For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, those having MSc.Ed Degree in the subjects concerned with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade from any one of the Regional Institutes of Education sponsored by the NCERT are eligible to apply
- For Botany and Zoology, those having MSc.Ed Degree in Life Science (with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade) from any one of the Regional Institutes of Education are also eligible
- For the subjects Anthropology, Commerce, Gandhian Studies, Geology, Home Science, Journalism, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, and Statistics candidates need not acquire B.Ed. Degree for applying for the State Eligibility Test
- Those who have acquired II class Master’s Degree in Communicative English with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and BEd. are eligible to appear for SET in English
- a) Candidates who have acquired DLEd/LTTC in Arabic, Urdu and Hindi but do not have B.Ed Degree are eligible to apply for SET JULY 2021
- b) For the subject Biotechnology, those who have masters degree in Biotechnology with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and B.Ed degree in natural science are eligible
- Official authorities have given 5% relaxation to the candidates in qualifying marks.
- No age limit is prescribed for candidates appearing for the SET.
- However official authorities haven’t determined a higher age limit for the candidates to apply for the admission procedure.
Kerala SET 2021 Application Process
- Candidates who want to apply for SET-JULY-2021 are required to fill the application in online mode only at www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in
Steps to Apply
- STEP 1 – Mobile Number Registration – As the first step in the registration process, a valid mobile number of the candidate has to be registered. An OTP (One time Password) will be sent to the submitted mobile number for confirmation.
- STEP 2 – Filling Online Application Form – Fill in all the required details (Personal and Academic) and submit. A Registration ID will be displayed after the successful submission. This ID has to be kept for future reference.
- STEP 3 – Uploading Photo – Select the photograph file of 200 pixel height and 150 pixel width and file size maximum 30 KB. (see instructions for uploading photo).
- STEP 4- Online Payment of Fee – Candidates can make the payment of application fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking or other modes provided in the website.The application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- STEP 5- Print Application – Candidates can take the printout of the filled application only after performing the above steps. The printed application form may be kept for future reference. In order to avail scribe facility and the relaxation in marks the differently challenged candidates must send the printout of their online application and the copy of the medical certificate (attested by Gazetted Officer) to LBS Centre. Others need not send hardcopy of application.
- For General/OBC – Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST – Rs. 500/-
Kerala SET 2021 Exam Pattern
- We have mentioned below the important data regarding the Kerala SET exam pattern for the reference of the applicants:
- Paper 1 is common for all candidates.
- It consists of two parts
- A. General Knowledge
- B. Aptitude in teaching
- There shall be 120 questions for paper 1 with 60 questions each for Part A and Part B.
- There shall be 120 questions carrying one mark each for the subjects under Paper II except for Mathematics and Statistics
- For Mathematics and Statistics there shall be only 80 questions carrying 1.5 marks each.
- The syllabus prescribed for the Test will be based on the core areas in the syllabi in the subjects concerned followed by the Universities in Kerala.
- The approved syllabus of the subjects for SET – JULY – 2021 is available in the official website of the LBS Centre.
Subjects of Kerala SET
- 01 Anthropology; 02 Arabic; 03 Botany; 04 Chemistry; 05 Commerce; 06 Economics; 07 English; 08 French; 09 Gandhian Studies; 10 Geography; 11 Geology; 12 German; 13 Hindi; 14 History; 15 Home Science; 16 Islamic History; 17 Journalism; 18 Kannada; 19 Latin; 20 Malayalam; 21 Mathematics; 22 Music; 23 Philosophy; 24 Physics; 25 Political Science; 26 Psychology; 27 Russian; 28 Sanskrit; 29 Social Work; 30 Sociology; 31 Statistics; 32 Syriac; 33 Tamil; 34 Urdu; 35 Zoology; 36 General Paper (Paper 1); 37 Biotechnology
- Thiruvananthapuram; Kollam; Pathanamthitta; Alappuzha; Kottayam; Idukki; Ernakulam; Thrissur; Palakkad; Malappuram; Kozhikode; Wayanad; Kannur and Kasaragod
Kerala SET 2021 Admit Card
- The admit card for the SET will be prepared for only those candidates who have successfully registered
- The District opted for the test and Subject for the test in the admit card will be based on the data furnished by the candidate in their online application
- The admit card will be available in the website of the LBS Centre www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in from the date which will be announced later in leading dailies and in the official website of the LBS Centre.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website