HP SET 2019 - Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test
HP SET Recruitment Apply Online for State Eligibility Test 2019 Apply Online
HP SET 2019 - Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test - Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) has announced notification of conducting HP State Eligibility Test (HP SET 2019) to recruit Assistant Professor vacancies.
Online Applications are invited by Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission from 30th December 2019 till 11:59 AM. Those Candidates who are interested in the vacancy details & completed all eligibility criteria can read the Notification & Apply online.
HP SET 2019
- The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (Authorized Agency) announces holding of State Eligibility Test (SET) for determining the eligibility for Recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professor(s) in Universities and colleges located within the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- The test will be conducted in 22 subjects as listed below at various examination centres located at Shimla, Solan, Mandi, Dharamshala, Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Nahan, Una, Kullu and Chamba subject to number of candidates.
- Their admission at all the stages of the SET will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
HPPSC HP SET 2019
- Name of the Organization: Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Category: Himachal Pradesh Eligibility Examination
- Name of Posts: Assistant Professor(s) in Universities and colleges located within the State of Himachal Pradesh
List of Subjects for SET
- (01) Chemical Sciences; (02) English; (03 Life Sciences; (04) Commerce; (05) Economics; (06) Geography; (07) Hindi; (08) History; (09) Mathematical Sciences; (10) Music; (11) Physical Sciences; (12) Physical Education; (13) Sociology; (14) Sanskrit; (15) Political Science; (16) Public Administration; (17) Computer Science & Applications; (18) Tourism Admin./Mgt.; (19) Mass Communication & Journalism; (20) Philosophy; (21) Psychology and (22) Education
Eligibility Criteria for HP SET 2019
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master's Degree or equivalent exam from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.
- The SC of H.P. /ST of H.P. /Other Backward Classes (Non- creamy layer of H.P./ Persons with Disability (PWD) of H.P. category candidates of H.P. who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master's Degree or equivalent exam are eligible.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master's Degree (final year) exam and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying exams have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in the Universities/Colleges situated in the state, only after they have passed their Master's Degree Exam Or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC (Non- creamy layer /PWD (Persons with disability) category candidates). Such candidates must complete their P.G. Degree Exam Within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The PhD Degree holders whose Master's Level Exam Had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC NET/UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year. (for instance the candidates having post graduation degree in Acharya (Traditional Sanskrit) are not eligible to appear in Sanskrit subject ). Similarly a candidate having the Degree of Hotel Management is not eligible to appear in the subject of Tourism Administration.
- Concession of Fee is only applicable for SC of H.P. /ST of H.P. /OBC of H.P. (Non-creamy layer) / PWD (General PWD, S.C. PWD, S.T. PWD , OBC, PWD and BPL category candidates of Himachal Pradesh. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer) /PWD (General PWD, S.C. PWD,
- S.T. PWD & OBC PWD) category must ensure that their certificate of respective category is on parental lineage issued by the competent authority. The candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor a printout of Application Form to Commission at the time applying online for State Eligibility Test. However, the candidates, in their own interest, must ensure / satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the test. In the event of any wrong information supplied on online applications or any ineligibility being detected by the Commission at any stage, their candidature shall be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign Degree/ diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/ Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s Degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiu.ac.in).
- If a candidate qualifies the SET Examination in the subject other than the subject of his Master’s Degree , his candidature for the subject of examination in which he has appeared is deemed to be rejected and he will not be awarded the SET certificate.
Exemption/(Eligibility For Assistant Professor(S)
- NET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions. Provided however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum standards and Procedure for Award for Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET /SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 01st, June 2002 are exempted from appearing in SET, being eligible to appear for Assistant Professor(s) anywhere in India
- For SET held from 01st, June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor(s) only in the Universities/Colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
HP SET Exam Pattern 2019
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions in two separate sessions as under:
Number of question
50 questions (all the questions are compulsory)
100 questions (all the questions are compulsory)
- Paper-I - Shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions carrying 02 marks each. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidates.
- Paper-II - Shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions carrying 02 marks each which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- All the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire contents of syllabus uploaded in the website of the Commission as well as the website of the UGC
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I & Paper-II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet.
- Top 6% of the appearing candidates who appear in both the papers and secure at least 40% aggregate marks (for candidates belonging to General Category) and at least 35% aggregate marks (for candidates belonging to reserved categories) will be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor by following the reservation policy of the State Government
- If there is a tie at the least qualifying cut-off marks in any given subject, then all candidates who are in tie (scored the equal marks) will be considered as qualified and as such the number of qualified candidates may exceed from six percentage.
Syllabus of Test
- All questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus of earlier syllabus of Paper-II & Paper-III (including all electives, without options).
- Syllabi for all SET subjects are that of UGC which can be downloaded from H.P. Public Service Commission’s website http://www.hppsc.hp.gov.in
- This agency will not supply the copies of syllabus to the individual candidates. In case of any discrepancy found in the English and Hindi versions, the questions in English version shall be taken as final.
- Examination Fee and mode of payment
- General /EWS - Rs.700/-
- Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) of H.P. - Rs.350/-
- SC of HP , ST of HP, BPL (General BPL/SC BPL /ST BPL of HP, PWD (General PWD/SC PWD/ ST PWD , OBC PWD) of HP & EWS BPL of H.P. - Rs.175/-
- (i) The benefits of reservation shall be extended to the candidates of residents of Himachal Pradesh only
- (ii) The reserved categories candidates of other States shall be treated as General Category candidates and will have to pay full fee as is applicable to General category candidates.
Mode of Payment
- Candidates can pay requisite Examination Fees through “e-Payment” i.e. through Debit Card, Credit Card and Net Banking. Fee once paid shall not be refunded. As such before applying online, all candidates are advised to go through detailed instructions given on the above mentioned website.
- Note: Candidates should note that payment of fee can be made only through the modes prescribed above. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee / mode shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates are required to visit the website of the Commission at http://www.hppsc.hp.gov.in/hppsc and click the link to APPLY ONLINE FOR STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website. The candidates already registered with HPPSC for other examinations / test need not to register again and they may use their earlier User ID and Password for applying online.
- The candidate must read the conditions of eligibility as given under the caption “Conditions of eligibility” carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the test before filling the online application.
- The candidates are required to bring printout of online admission / Identity card on the day of examination (with a passport size photograph).
- The Commission may change State Eligibility Test Centre/ date of Test without assigning any reason.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
- The use of calculators or Log Tables is not permitted. Mobile phones, pagers, electronic devices etc. are not allowed in the Examination Hall/ Room.
- A candidate who does not appear in Paper-I, will not be permitted to appear in Paper-II.
- The candidate should ensure that his category code in answer sheet is the same as he/ she has claimed in the application form. No change in this regard will be accepted by the Commission at later stage.
- No candidate shall be allowed to go outside the examination hall /room for any purpose without prior permission of the Centre Superintendent. Smoking and taking Tea in examination hall /room is also strictly prohibited.
- Candidate will not be allowed to write any question from the Test Booklet on the Identity Card or on any other paper.
- Candidates should ensure that the signatures appended and photographs pasted by them in all the places, viz., in their Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admission Sheet (Identity Card) should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind.
- The candidates in their own interest are requested to retain a photocopy of the Application Form for their record.
- Application Form must be completed in all respects as per the Notification.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall / room till the expiry of full allotted time.
- The candidates will be provided OMR Answer Sheets to attempt the answers. The candidates are allowed to take away the Test Booklets of Paper I & II on conclusion of the examination.
- The detailed instructions for the candidates will be uploaded on the official website of the Commission Admission Sheet (Identity Card). It may be noted that instructions to candidates will not be sent by post.
- The decision of the Commission shall be final in all matters.
- The key of Offline Test (objective type) shall be uploaded on the official website immediately after the conduct of test for inviting objections, if any, from the candidates. Seven days time (day of publishing the key plus seven days upto 05.00 P.M. of the prescribed last date of receipt of objections) shall be given for inviting objections, if any, against the provisional key. The objections, if any, will be got verified from the concerned Subject Expert / Paper Setter and, if found correct, a revised key of that Screening Test shall be prepared. After finalization of answer key, the OMR answer sheets of the candidates who appeared in the Screening Test shall be scanned in the OMR Scanner and evaluated by using the (subject wise) final / revised answer key to prepare the result. No grievance with regard to the revised answer key(s) will be entertained after declaration of result.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- No change of examination centre will be allowed.
- The result of the SET will be made available on the website of the Commission as and when it is declared. The candidates will not be intimated individually about their result.
- SET qualified candidates shall become eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor (College Cadre) only in the Universities /Colleges belonging to the State Himachal Pradesh.
- All legal disputes pertaining to this test shall fall within the jurisdiction of Shimla courts / Tribunals only.
- Re-checking / re-evaluation, of Answer Sheet for the Test/ examination(s) will not be allowed in any case.
- Starting date to Submit Application: 10th December 2019
- Last Date to Submit Application Form: 30th December 2019 (till 11:59)