VMOU PhD Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application Process
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University announces Entrance Exam for Admission to PhD Program Admission 2019
VMOU PhD Admission 2019 - Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) Kota (Rajasthan) Online applications are invited for admission to PhD Programme in the School of Science & Technology, Commerce & Management, Humanities & Social Sciences, Continuing Education and Education in regular mode for July 2019.
PhD Program Details
- Admission to the PhD Program will be made through Research Entrance Test (RET) and interviews as per PhD Regulations of the University based on U.G.C. Regulations guideline 2016 & 2018 and from Chancellor’s Secretariat Rajasthan
- 75% attendance is mandatory during the Ph.D. Course Work.
See: PHD Admissions
VMOU PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online Application beginning Date: 07th March 2019
- Online Application Last Date: 30th April 2019
- Date of Written Examination (Tentative): 12th May 2019
See: PHD Full Form
PhD Program Offered
- Online Applications are invited for admission in the PhD Program in various subjects (Library & Information Science, Journalism, Commerce, Botany, Political Science, English, Public Administration, Geography, Sanskrit, Economics, Education & Special Education)
- Admission will be made through entrance examination and interview as per Ph.D. regulations of the University, based on UGC regulations and guidelines from Chancellor’s Secretariat Rajasthan.
Eligibility Criteria for VMOU PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates for admission to the PhD Program shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September 1991.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- An Entrance Test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of Research methodology (Research, Language, Computer application & logical reasoning) and 50% shall be subject specific. Time allotted for Ph.D. Entrance Written Test will be TWO Hours.
- The successful candidate(s) in the Ph.D. Entrance test shall be interviewed. An interview/viva-voce will be organized when the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation
- The merit shall be prepared for final admission on the basis of written test and interview both.
- (Subject-wise while allotting Supervisor against vacancies) For SC-16%, ST-12%, OBC 21% and SBC–1%. Further, 3% reservation as per Government rules will be available for PH candidates in each department.
- Tuition Fee Rs. 25,000/- per year
- Registration Fee Rs. 5,000/-
- Library Caution Money Rs. 1,000/-
- Library Fee Rs. 3,000/-
- Laboratory fee for Research Rs. 3,000/-
- Thesis Submission & Evaluation Fee Rs. 10,000/-
VMOU PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Admission forms and PhD guidelines with detail information is available on the university website www.vmou.ac.in
Entrance Exam Fee & Mode of Payment
- The candidates have to pay an amount of Rs. 2000/- (Two thousand only) as Pre- Ph.D. Entrance test fee. The candidates can pay Pre-Ph.D. Entrance test fee via online mode (Credit Card/Net Banking/E-Mitra.) Fee once deposited will not be refundable.
- Online Submission of Application Form March 7, 2019. Last date of Submission of Application
- April 30, 2019. Entrance Test Date (Tentative): May 12, 2019.
For more details visit University website i.e. www.vmou.ac.in, Query may be addressed on: firstname.lastname@example.org, Toll Free: 1800-180-6166
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India