Sastra University Thanjavur Distance Mode BFA MFA Admission 2018
Sastra University Thanjavur - BFA & MFA through Distance Education 2018
Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) - Sastra University, Thanjavur, invites applications for admission into its Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Dance offered in through distance mode for the academic year 2018.
Objectives of Dance Program
- The Dance (Distance mode) program of SASTRA aims at making the in-service to the traditional and performing Artists in dance to acquire relevant knowledge, skills and attitudes in pedagogical methods and praxis methods of our Indian Natyasastra.
- Dance, the study of the body and mind their influence upon human life on earth, has been in vogue since puranic times. Scholars have done research on many references made to Dance. It is associated with the reputed seer Bharatha Mamunivar, who is the father of Natya Sastra.
Duration of the Program
- Bachelor of Dance - 3 Years (80 contact hours per year
- Master of Dance - 2 Years (80 contact hours per year
In any cases, the course will have to be completed within a maximum period of five years after the entry into the course
Medium of Instruction
- Bachelor of Dance - English/Tamil
- Master of Dance - English/Tamil
- Course Materials will be provided at the time of conduct of the personal contact program
- +2, Diploma in Dance of any recognized institution including Nrityodaya.
- Any Bachelor Degree from a recognized University) with a fundamental knowledge of Bharatha Natyam
Application Form along with Prospectus can be obtained in Person from the office of admissions, SASTRA Campus (Thanjavur, Kumbakonam) on payment of Rs.600/- or by Post on payment of Rs.650/- by DD favouring Sastra University Payable at Thanjavur
Applications can also be downloaded from www.sastra.edu. Online downloaded application forms have to be submitted along with a Demand Draft of Rs.650/- in favour of Sastra University, payable at Thanjavur
Filled in application form along with attested copies of certificates should reach the Director Distance Education, Sastra University, Triumalaisamudram, Thanjavur-613401 on or before the last date
SASTRA University, Thanjavur(A University u/s of the UGC Act, 1956), Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu-613401 Tel-04362-264101, Website www.sastra.edu