Naval Dockyard Mumbai Recruitment 2018 for Apprentice Trainee
Naval Dockyard Mumbai Recruitment 2018 for 118 Apprentice Trainee posts – Apply Online
Naval Dockyard Mumbai Recruitment 2018 for Apprentice Trainee - Naval Dockyard, Mumbai invites online applications on website from ITI qualified candidates (Male /Female) in various designed trades [except Rigger and Crane Operator(Overhead Steel Industry)] for enrolment into Apprenticeship training at Dockyard Apprentice School under Apprentice Act 1961 read in conjunction with Apprentice Rules.
To appoint the 118 candidates as Apprentice in various trades this Naval Dockyard Mumbai Recruitment is revealed. The eligible candidates can apply for the post in the prescribed format within 21 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the employment newspaper, i.e. till 12th October 2018
Naval Dockyard Mumbai Recruitment 2018 Vacancy Details
- Name of Organisation: Naval Dockyard Mumbai
- Name of the Posts: Apprentice Training
- Periods of Training: One Year
- Job Type: Central Government Jobs
- Job Location: Mumbai
- Total No. of Posts: 118 Posts
- Training Wise Trade Posts:
- GT Fitter: 1 Post
- Computer Fitter: 02 Posts
- Boiler Maker: 02 Posts
- Weapon Fitter: 25 Posts
- ICE Fitter Crane: 37 Posts
- Civil Works / Mason: 18 Posts
- Ship Fitter: 12 Posts
- Gyro Fitter: 06 Posts
- Machinery Control Fitter: 06 Posts
- Sonar Fitter: 06 Posts
- Blacksmith: 01 Post
Eligibility Criteria for Naval Dockyard Mumbai Recruitment 2018
- As per Apprentices Act 1961 read in conjunction with Apprenticeship Rule 1992, the minimum educational qualification for a person to undergo apprenticeship training in Designated Trades shall be Std 10 passed (in accordance with Apprentice Act 1961) with a minimum of 50% marks in Std 10 examination alongwith ITI examination passed (Provisional National Trade Certificate acceptable) in relevant trade with aggregate of 65% marks
- Further, the candidate should have passed relevant ITI / trade test from any institute recognized by NCVT and should possess the qualification as on the closing date of application.
- Born between 01 April 1997 to 31st Mar 2004 Upper age is relaxable by five years for SC/ST candidates and two years for wards of Defence employees or Naval civilians as per MoD letter FM/0442/NHQ/1278 D(N-II) dated 14 Nov 1996.
- Height 150 cm, Weight not less than 45 Kg, Chest expansion not less than 5 cm, Eye sight 6/6 to 6/9 (6/9 corrected with glasses)/ external and internal organs to be normal
- Physical fitness standards are as per MoD letterFMl0442lNHQlt278 D(N-II) dated 14 Nov 1996
Reservation of Vacancies
For SC/ST Category
- Vacancies for SC/ST candidates are reserved in accordance with Section 3A (1) and (2) and Section 3B(1) and (02)both of Chapter II and Apprentice Act 1961 read in conjunction with Rule 5 of Apprenticeship Rules 1992 (Latest certificate should be issued by competent authority as per format enumerated in Govt. orders from time to time)
For OBC Category
- Vacancies for OBC candidates are reserved in accordance with Para 4 of Maharashtra State Gazetted Notification Part IV dated 22 Jan 2004. If vacancies reserved for OBC candidates cannot be filled from the Other Background Classes, then the vacancies so lying may be filled by persons not belonging to the Other Backward Classes
For Physically Handicapped
- Vacancies for PHC candidates are reserved in accordance with Apprentices Act 1961 read in conjunction with Apprenticeship Rules 1992. Latest certificate issued by medical board by any Govt. Hospital to be submitted at the time of interview
For Children of Armed Forces Personnel/Ex-serviceman
- Vacancies for children of armed forces and ex-servicemen are reserved in accordance with Apprentices Act 1961
Merit List/Selection Procedure
- Candidates placed in the preliminary Merit List on the basis of marks obtained in the written examination would be called for Interview / Skill Test in Dec 2018 / Jan 2019.
- The final merit list will be prepared by considering the consolidated marks of the written examination and Interview / Skill test as per Apprenticeship Trade (including reservations) with adequate candidates in reserve list
- In case of a tie, preference would be given to the candidate who has secured higher marks in ITI examination, followed by High School (Class 10) examination.
- Every candidate shall be medically examined and declared fit as per Rule 4 and Schedule II of Apprenticeship Rules, 1992 by the Employer, through a Registered Government Medical Practitioner before being engaged as an apprentice.
- Commencement of Training. Apr 2019
Naval Dockyard Mumbai Recruitment 2018 Application Process
- Filling up of Online Applications. Candidates are required to log on to www.bhartiseva.com and fill up online application. Further, the said website for filling online application would be opened from the third day (1000 hrs) of publication of notification in Employment News and will remain open till 21 days after date of publication in Employment News (upto 2350 hrs)
- The candidates are also requested to upload following good quality/readable documents duly scanned in colour in .pdf format only in A4 size & file size upto 200 Kb (except for Sl(a), (h) & (k) below) for filling up online application:
- Passport size photo of candidate in light grey background (size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, file size upto 200 Kb) in .JPEG/.JPG format.
- SSC/Matriculation (Std 10) marksheet and proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or Aadhaar Card).
- ITI marksheet
- Candidates are to apply online only through www.bhartiseva.com. No physical forms would be accepted
Naval Dockyard Mumbai Recruitment 2018 Important Dates
- Last Date of Application - within 21 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the employment newspaper i.e. till 12th October 2018
- Written Test Date and Venue - November /December 2018 at Mumbai
- Interview / Skill Test - December 2018 / January 2019