PGIMER Chandigarh announces House Job (Oral Health Sciences) Entrance Exam for January 2020 Admission
PGIMER House Job Entrance Exam 2020 – The PGIMER Chandigarh invites online applications for the following House Job (Oral Health Sciences) Course for the academic session January 2020
House Job (Oral Health Sciences) Course for the January 2020 session through online computer based test (CBT) to be held at different cities across the Country.
Candidates applying for various House Job (Oral Health Sciences) Course should possess a postgraduate qualification indicated against each course given below.
PGIMER House Job Entrance Exam 2020 Important Dates
- Commencement of online Registration and filing of Application Form on PGIMER Website 13th November 2019
- Closing of Online Registration & Submission of Application Form: 30th December 2019
- Computer based Entrance Examination (CBT): 18th December 2019
- Expected Date of Declaration of Result: 23rd December 2019
Aims and Objectives of the Institute
- The following are the objectives of the Institute:
- To develop patterns of teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate education for all its branches, so as to demonstrate a high standard of medical education.
- To bring together, as far as possible in one place, educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity.
- To attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education to meet the country’s need for specialists and medical teachers
Admission to the Postgraduate Courses
- Admission to various postgraduate courses conducted at the Institute is made twice a year. The sessions commence from first January and July each year.
- The admission to the House Job of the Institute is made on merit on all India basis by holding an entrance test by the Institute, after issuing a countrywide admission notice. The admission notice is published in leading English newspapers Employment News of India in the month of September/Oct for January session and March/April for July session.
See: Government Jobs
Eligibility Criteria for PGIMER House Job Entrance Exam 2020
- To be eligible for admission, a candidate must possess / fulfil the following qualifications/ requirements:
- Must hold the degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) recognized by the Dental Council of India
- Must have either completed, or due to complete, compulsory rotatory internship training on or before 31st December for January session and 30th June for July session respectively.
- Must be registered with Central/State Dental Registration Council
- The candidates selected for House Job (Oral Health Sciences) are appointed for a period of six months. On recommendation of the Head of the Department, this period can be extended upto one year.
- House Job will be offered once in the department for a maximum period of one year.
- Candidates are eligible for House Job within three years after obtaining the BDS degree.
- The candidates who have already done House Job in any Hospital or Institute are not eligible for House Job at PGIMER, Chandigarh.
Number of Seats
- The tentative number of seats available for House Job for the January 2020 session is given below. However, the number of seats may vary. Variation in seats if any will be updated and displayed before the counselling.
- House Job = Gen-01, SC-01, ST-Nil & OBC-01
Reservation of Seats
SC/ST & Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- This PGIMER provides Reservation for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC) – Non Creamy Layer (NCL), wherever applicable and admissible as per instructions from Government of India.
- All candidates, irrespective of category may be considered against UR vacancies, subject to fulfilment of parameters for UR candidates. However, against the vacancies earmarked for specific categories (SC/ST/OBC), only candidates belonging to that community will be considered.
- For availing reservation, SC/ST/OBC candidates should furnish Caste Certificate from the competent authorities as per the format given at Annexure-IV (for SC/ST candidates) and at Annexure-V (for OBC-NCL candidates) at the time of counseling
Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD)
- As per provisions (Chapter VI Clause 32) of the Rights of the Persons with Disabilities Act. 2016 Five percent of seats shall be reserved for Persons (Indian Nationals) with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD). The reservation will be provided on horizontal basis, as per their rank in order of merit in Entrance Test
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification 2020
Competitive Entrance Test
- The Entrance Examination shall be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT), based on a held on Wednesday, the 18th December, 2019; marks for theory paper are 100 multiple choice questions (MCQs)., with each correct response being awarded one mark. Each incorrect response will be penalized with a negative score of -0.25 marks. The duration shall be one and a half hours (90 minutes).
- The Online (CBT) Entrance Test will be conducted in one shift:
- Timing – 09.00 AM to 10.30 AM
- The examination centres are tentatively proposed in Chandigarh only.
- Chandigarh (Tricity) only
Type of Paper
- Type of Question Paper: Theory paper consisting of 100 multiple choice questions (MCQs) related to their respective field
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Actual scores will not be considered further since these percentage scores will depend on relative difficulty of the question paper, and the relative ability of candidates, and it is not advisable to use these in generating cut-offs for selection
- These will be converted into percentile score using the formula: Percentile= [(B+(0.5×E))/N]×100where B = number of scores below the candidate’s score, E = number of scores equal to the candidate’s score (1 if there is no tie, and >1 if there is a tie), and N = number of candidates appearing for the exam. Overall rank of all the candidates shall be decided based on these percentile scores, with a higher percentile score translating into a better rank.
- If two or more candidates obtain equal percentile scores, then inter-se merit for selection shall be determined on the following basis:
- A candidate who has obtained higher aggregate marks in BDS examination shall rank higher to a candidate who has obtained lower marks.
- If the aggregate marks obtained in BDS examination are the same, then a candidate senior in age shall rank higher to a candidate who is a junior in age.
Summary of House JOB Entrance Test Pattern
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test (CBT) / Online
- Duration of Exam: 1 and ½ (One and a Half hours /90 minutes)
- Date of Exam: Sunday, the 18th December 2019
- Number of Shifts: 01 (One)
- Timing of Exam: 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM
- Location of Exam Centres: Chandigarh only
- Language of Paper: English
- Type of Exam: Objective Type
- Number of Questions: One Paper of 100 MCQ (One Hundred)
- Marking Scheme: Please see the concerned sections for details
- Medical fitness is a pre-condition for admission to the House Job of the Institute
- Selected candidates (except sponsored candidates) will be medically examined by a Medical Board constituted by the Institute for the purpose
Fees and Dues
- The following dues are payable to the Institute, by the candidates admitted to the House Job:
- Registration Fee: Rs.500/-
- Tuition Fee: Rs.350/- per annum
- Laboratory Fee: Rs.900/- per annum
- Amalgamated Fund: Rs.720/- per annum
- Security: Rs.1000/- (refundable only after completion of course)
- Hostel Security: Rs.5000/- (refundable) to be deposited with the Hostel Warden if hostel accommodation is allotted
- The dues must be paid by the prescribed date. For late payment, a fine @ Rs.5/- per day will be charged, upto a maximum of 15 days. After 15 days the name of the non-paying candidate shall be struck off from the rolls of the institute.
- For re-admission, if otherwise eligible, a sum of Rs.500/- will be charged as re-registration fee in addition to the fine. Such a candidate will have to repeat the period of his/her training for which he/she remains off the rolls.
Duration of Course & Emoluments
- The House Job is for a period upto 30th June for January session and December 31 for the July session. During this period, the House Surgeons are entitled to emoluments as prescribed by the Government of India. At present, this translates to basic pay of Rs. 56100/- in the pay matrix (Level-10) as per 7th CPC plus other allowances as applicable
See: Recruitment Exams for Govt Jobs, Banking, PSUs
PGIMER House Job Entrance Exam 2020 Application Process
- A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to submit his/her application in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.pgimer.edu.in
- Candidate should fill his/her application form available on the PGI website https://pgimer.edu.in
- The application, complete in all respects accompanied with all the relevant documents should reach the office of the Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh on or before the closing date.
- All applicants are advised to read the Prospectus and Instructions carefully before starting online registration
- After selecting the online registration, fill the mandatory details asked for and deposit the prescribed fee through debit/credit card/Net Banking. After submitting fees filled required information step by step. Follow the Instructions carefully.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct details are filled in the Registration Slip. The Institute will not be responsible for any incorrect information/cancellation of candidature/loss or lack of communication etc. due to wrong filled online Application form.
- No candidate should register more than one application.
- All applicants are required to ensure that Photo/Signature is uploaded according to the instructions provided in the Prospectus. Failure to do so may result in rejection of applications.
- Duplicate applications from any applicant will result in cancellation of all such applications. No intimation regarding such summary rejections will be provided.
- SC/ST Category: Rs.1200/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- General /OBC /Sponsored Category: Rs.1500/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- Persons with Bench-mark Disabilities (PwBD) Candidates is exempted from payment of fee
- All candidates are directed to deposit the above fees through online payment gateway available at Hose Job application portal w.e.f. 13th November 2019 to 30th November 2019
- Mode of Payment: Through Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking