Indian Oil Recruitment 2019 Notification for 466 Apprentice Posts
IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2019 – Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has issued job notification for recruitment of Trade Apprentices and Technician Apprentices. Totally, 466 vacancies are allotted for this IOCL Apprentices notification. IOCL invites online and offline applications from eligible aspirants for Apprentice Posts. Interested and eligible persons may apply online application form through IOCL careers page on or before 08th March 2019
IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2019 Vacancy Details
- Organization Name: Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
- Employment Category: Central Government Job
- Name of the Post: Trade Apprentices and Technician Apprentices
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited is the largest commercial undertaking and India’s No.1 Company in Fortune magazine’s prestigious listing of the world’s 500 largest Corporations, ranked 119th for the year 2015 based on fiscal 2014-15 performance.
See: Fresher Jobs 2019
Category of Posts:
- As per the notification, Indian Oil Corporation Limited allocates overall 466 vacancies for Southern Region. State wise vacancy details are given below.
- Trade Apprentice (Chemical Plant) – 89 Posts
- Trade Apprentice (Fitter) – 43 Posts
- Trade Apprentice (Boiler) – 30 Posts
- Technician Apprentice (Chemical) – 65 Posts
- Technician Apprentice (Mechanical) – 18 Posts
- Technician Apprentice (Electrical) – 73 Posts
- Technician Apprentice (Instrumentation) – 47 Posts
- Trade Apprentice (Secretarial Assistant) – 75 Posts
- Trade Apprentice (Accountant) – 26 Posts
- Total No. Vacancies: 466 Posts
- Job Location: Across India
See: Government Jobs in India
Eligibility Criteria for IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2019
- Technician Apprentice: 3 years Diploma course in Engineering in the relevant disciplines from a recognized Institute/ University.
- Diploma in relevant disciplines are Chemical Engineering/ Refinery & Petrochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation Engg /Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Trade Apprentice: 3 years B.Sc (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry) from a recognized Institute/ University. Matric with 2(Two) year ITI (Fitter trade) – full time, regular course from recognized Institute/ University.
- Trade Apprentice (Secretarial Assistant): 3 years BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com from a recognized Institute/ University.
- Trade Apprentice (Accountant): 3 years B.Com from a recognized Institute/University.
- Candidates, who had training or job experience for a period of one year or more after, shall NOT be eligible. Candidates possessing higher professional qualification such as B.E or equivalent, MBA or equivalent or MCA/LLB/CA/ICWA etc. shall not be eligible.
- Candidates who have already undergone or undergoing an apprenticeship in any organization, are not eligible to apply for this apprenticeship.
- Candidates are advised to register as a Trade Apprentice online in the RDAT in the respective State they are applying against for Apprenticeship www.apprenticeship.com OR as a Technician Apprentice online with the BOAT at mhrdnats.gov.in
- Should not be less than 18 years and not more than 24 years (Age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per govt. norms)
- The Selection process would consist of two stages i.e Written test & Personal interview.
- The written test and interview would carry a weightage of 85 % and 15 % respectively.
- The written test will be of 90 Minutes duration & would comprise of objective type Multiple choice (MCQ’s) questions.
- The questions will be in bilingual ie., English and Hindi.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: 40% (Written Test and Interview separately.)
- The ratio of marks for Written Test and interview shall be 85:15 and a candidate will have to secure minimum 40% marks at each stage for qualifying the selection process. The minimum qualifying marks will be relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwBD categories considered against reserved positions at each stage of the selection process.
Period of Apprenticeship Training
- May be extended under certain circumstances as provided under Rule 7 of the Apprentices Rules 1992. The Corporation will have no obligation to offer regular employment to Apprentices.
- Rules/guidelines, as may be prescribed by the Govt/framed by the Corporation from to time, shall apply.
- As prescribed under the Apprentices Act, the Apprentices shall be paid consolidated stipend of an amount equivalent to a prescribed percentage of the minimum wages applicable in the State.
- In addition, the Refinery pays Rs. 2500/per month to an apprentice towards stationery, conveyance and miscellaneous expenses etc., wherever applicable.
See: Recruitment Exams 2019 for Govt Jobs, Banking, PSUs, Defence
IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2019 Application Process
- Indian Oil has Refineries at Guwahati, Digboi, Bongaigaon (all 3 in Assam) Barauni (Bihar), Vadodara (Gujarat), Haldia (West Bengal), Mathura (UP), Panipat (Haryana) and Paradip (Odisha).
- A candidate can apply for apprenticeship in any one of the Refinery unit of his choice.
- Option for exercising the choice of a Refinery unit has been provided in the application menu (online application portal) which shall open at 10.00 hours on 16th February 2019 and close at 17.00 hours on 08th March 2019.
- Candidates meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria for a post, may visit the website www.iocl.com go to ‘What’s New’> go to Latest Job Openings> go to Engagement of Apprentices under Refineries Division> select the link of the Refinery Unit, where they want to apply for Apprenticeship Training.
- The candidate must have an active email ID and mobile phone number which must remain valid for at least next one year. All future communication with candidate will take place only through website application I email I mobile phone.
- Applications submitted through online mode will only be accepted.
- The candidate should have scanned copy of colour photograph and signature in jpg format (size not exceeding 50 KB) ready before applying online. The photo and signature in digital form will be required to be uploaded.
IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2019 Important Dates
- Commencement of Submission of Online Application: 16th February 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 08th March 2019
- Last Date of Receipt of Printout of Online Application with Supporting Documents: 22nd March 2019
- Tentative Date of Written Test: 24th March 2019
- Tentative Date of Publication of Written Test: 29th March 2019
- Tentative Date of Interview: 01st April to 05th April 2019