Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2019 (Navik) General Duty 10+2 Entry 02/2019
Indian Coast Guard 2019 Navik Recruitment – Notification has been announced by Indian Coast Guard in which they have invited applications among Indian Citizens to fill up the post of Navik (General Duty) 10+2 Entry – 02/2019 Batch.
Indian Coast Guard aims to place Indian Male candidates in the Indian Coast Guard – an Armed Force of the Union. The application process will start from 21st January 2019 and interested and eligible candidates must apply for the post on or before 31st January 2019, 05.00 PM.
Also See : Fresher Jobs 2019
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2019 Vacancy Details
- Name of Organization: Indian Coast Guard
- Designation of Posts: Navik (General Duty)
- Number of Posts: Not Specified
- Job Location: Pan India
Coast Guard Salary India
- On joining Indian Coast Guard, you will be placed in Basic pay Rs.21700/- (Pay Level-3) plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the prevailing regulations.
- Promotion prospects exists upto the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale Rs. 47600/- with DA post 7th pay commission. Promotion to the officer cadre is subject to suitability and performance
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2019
- Education Qualification: Applicant selected for Navik (General Duty) posts must possess 10+2 with 50% marks aggregate in total and minimum 50% aggregate in Maths and Physics from an education board recognized by Central/State Government.
- (5% relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/Interstate National Championship.
- This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
- Minimum 18 years and maximum 22 years i.e. between 01st August 1997 to 31st July 2001 (Both dates inclusive); upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
Indian Coast Guard Selection Procedure
- The ‘Online’ Applications will be sorted out Centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of Mar – Apr 2019. The Selection procedure is as follows:
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular exam Centre
- The qualifying cut off percentage (%) of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received
- The written exam will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English upto 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude etc.
- Those who qualify written exam will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply.
- Jalandhar, Dehradun, Noida, Jodhpur, Varanasi, Guwahati, Paradip, Haldia, Kolkata, Tuticorin, Chennai, Secunderabad, Visakhapatnam, Kochi, Bhopal, Mumbai, New Mangalore, Gandhi Nagar, Port Blair.
Physical Fitness Test
- PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe, T-shirt, Trouser etc). The PFT will consists of:
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
- 10 Push up. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for initial recruitment medical examination (Preliminary) in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard
- The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Jun /Jul 2019.
- The basic training will commence in July – Aug 2019 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade; branch/ trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training.
- Naviks are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
How to apply for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2019 – Application Form
- Applications will be accepted ‘Online Only’ from 21st January 2019 to 31st January 2019 till 1700 Hrs. Candidates are to logon to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button.
- The important instructions for filling of online application are: (i) The Name of the Candidate, Father and Mother’s name and date of birth should be mentioned as per 10th class certificate; (ii) Indicate exact percentage of 12th class upto two decimals and this is not to be rounded off; (iii) Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate are compulsory.
- The date, time and Centre of the written exam and other information will be informed through Coast Guard Recruitment Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
Indian Coast Guard 2019 Navik Recruitment Important Dates
- Opening Date for Submission of Online Application: 21st January 2019
- Closing Date for Submission of Online Application: 31st January 2019
- Applicants to take print out of the admit card through 11th to 21st February 2019
- The basic training will commence in July / Aug 2019 at INS Chilka