IOCL Recruitment for Engineers and Officers through GATE 2019
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2019 for Engineers and Officers
IOCL Recruitment for Engineer and Officers through GATE 2019 - Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has invited online applications for the Post of Engineer, Research Officer and Assistant Officer Posts through GATE 2019. Eligible candidates can apply for the posts in the prescribed format on or before 10th February 2019
Candidates can read below the application process, eligibility criteria, and important dates for the IOCL recruitment through GATE 2019 below.
IOCL Recruitment 2019 Vacancy Details
- Name of Organization: Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Engineers/Officers (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Computer Science and Engineering etc)
- Number of Posts: To be notified
Eligible Engineering Disciplines
Graduate Engineers for recruitment as Engineers/Officers and Engagement as GAE:
- Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals/Polymer/ Plastic Engineering but excluding Rubber/Oil/ Paint Technology/Surfactant Technology/Ceramics Engineering etc.)
- Civil Engineering (excluding Construction/Environmental/Transportation etc)
- Computer Science & Information Technology (excluding Information & Communications Technology)
- Electrical Engineering (including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/Telecommunication Engineering/Power Engineering etc.)
- Electronics & Communications Engineering (including Electronics Engineering/ Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering but excluding Avionics Engineering/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering/ Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering)
- Instrumentation Engineering (including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication Engineering/Telecommunication Engineering etc.)
- Mechanical Engineering (excluding Bio-medical Engineering /Automation /Automobile/Industrial/Manufacturing/Power/Production Engineering /Mining Engineering & Technology, Mining & Machinery/Marine Engineering/ Textile Engineering/ Robotics etc)
- Metallurgical Engineering (Including Mineral/ Material Sciences)
Eligibility Criteria for IOCL Engineer and Officers Recruitment 2019
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor's degree in engineering/ technology (full time regular courses only) in required/concerned disciplines from recognized Indian Universities/Institutes
- Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (non- creamy layer) categories, should have secured minimum 65% marks in qualifying degree examinations
- Qualifying marks is relaxed to 55% for Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ People with Disability (PWD) candidates
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August 2019
- Candidates pursuing/ completed M. Tech in any disciplines, other than those mentioned above, for being eligible, must have completed (or are completing) BE/ B. Tech in one of required disciplines and should appear in GATE-2019 examination in the discipline of their BE/ B. Tech are eligible to apply
- Maximum 26 years as on 30th June 2016 for general category candidates; age relaxation for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directives
- Reservation of posts for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ PWD (degree of disability 40% or above) will be maintained as per Government of India directives
- Relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC (non-creamy layer), 5 years for SC/ST and 10 years for PWD candidates will be extended as per the Presidential Directives
- Candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 & 31.12.1989
- Candidates desirous of seeking employment with Indian Oil need to be medically fit as per Indian Oil’s pre-employment medical standards.
- The selection methodology for Officers/Engineers/GAEs/Research Officers in R&D Centre and Assistant Officers (Quality Control) in Marketing Division will comprise of the following:
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineers (GATE) 2019 score of the candidates in the concerned disciplines. The Graduate Engineers from the relevant disciplines, desirous of taking up a career with Indian Oil are required to appear in GATE-2019 in the same discipline.
- Only GATE-2019 score is valid for this recruitment exercise in Indian Oil under this advertisement. Score from GATE-2018 or from any previous GATE examination is not valid.
- On the basis of GATE-2019 score, the candidates will be short listed for further selection process comprising of:
- Group Discussion (GD)/Group Task (GT)
- Personal Interview (PI) for assessment of different facets of knowledge, skills etc.
- Candidates have to essentially qualify in the GATE-2019 examination. In addition, candidates will have to separately qualify in Group Discussion (GD)/Group Task (GT) and Personal Interview (PI) successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection.
- Final Merit will be prepared based on GATE-2019 score and scores obtained by the candidates in GD/GT and PI taken together. Merit will be prepared discipline-wise.
- Graduate Engineers - Rs.60,000/-
- Post Graduate Engineers - Rs.60,000/-
- Post Graduates in Chemistry - Rs.50,000/-
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2019 Application process
- Application for all the three positions is a two-stage process:
- On-line registration for GATE- 2019 Examination
- Candidates are required to apply/register online for GATE-2019 using GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) by the closing date for submission of applications for GATE-2019
- GATE-2019 will be on-line examination and will be held in the month of February 2019. For detailed information on GATE-2019, interested candidates may log on to www.gate.iitm.ac.in
- GATE-2019 admit cards containing GATE-2019 registration number will be available for printing from GOAPs website from 04th January 2019
- Online application in Indian Oil with GATE-2019 registration number after downloading GATE-2019 admit card:
- After downloading the GATE-2019 Admit card and receipt of GATE-2019 registration number, the candidates may apply to Indian Oil ONLINE. The relevant link will be made available from 04th January 2019 on the Indian Oil’s website www.iocl.com
- Candidates need not pay any application fee to Indian Oil separately
Important Dates for IOCL Engineer and Officers Recruitment 2019
- GATE 2019 Application form will Available from 01st September 2018
- Last date for submitting GATE 2019 Application Form: 01st October 2018
- GATE 2019 Admit Card will Available: 04th January 2019
- Last Date of Submitting Application at IOCL: 10th February 2019