SBI PO 2018 Eligibility Criteria and Selection Procedure
Eligibility Criteria for SBI Probationary Officers 2018 Recruitment 2018 and Selection Procedure
SBI PO 2018 Eligibility Criteria
SBI PO 2018 Eligibility Criteria. SBI Bank PO Recruitment 2018 for 2000 Probationary Officers Posts. Candidates can see the details in eligibility and selection process.
State Bank of India has released the notification for 2000 vacancies for Probationary Officers (POs) Posts. Eligible candidates can complete the application Process between 21st April to 13th May 2018. Graduation in any discipline or students of Final year/ semester or candidates with Integrated dual degree IDD certificate may apply. Detailed eligibility is given below along with age limit and other selection details.
Essential Academic Qualifications (as on 31st August 2018)
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government.
- Those who are in the Final year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation exam on or before 31st August 2018.
- Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31st August 2018.
- Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply
- The date of passing eligibility exam will be the date appearing on the mark sheet provisional certificate issued by the University/Institute. In case the result of a particular exams posted on the website of the University/ Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA/ OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in the online application
Calculation of Percentage:
- The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/ year(s)by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours/ optional/additional optional subject, if any
- This will be applicable for those Universities also what Class/ Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%
Age Limit (As on 01st April 2018)
- Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01st April 2018 i.e. candidates must have been born not later than 01st April 1997 and not earlier than 02nd April 1988 (both days inclusive)
Relaxation of Upper Age Limit
- SC /ST - 5 Years
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) - 3 Years
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) PWD (SC/ST)-15 Years
- PWD (OBC)- 13 Years
- PWD (Gen)- 10 Years
- Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered - 5 years
- Persons Ordinarily domiciled of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01st Jan. 1980 to 31st Dec. 1989 - 5 Years
Reservation for Persons with Disability (PWD):
- Four percent horizontal reservation has been provided to Persons with Benchmark Disabilities as per section 34 of “Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”. Thepost is identified suitable for the Persons with undernoted categories of disabilities as specified in the Schedule of RPWD Act 2016:
Visual Impairment (VI)
- Only those Visually Impaired (VI) persons who suffer from any one of the following conditions, after best correction, are eligible to apply
- Total absence of sight; OR Visual acuity less than 3/60 or less than 10/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with best possible correction; OR Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of less than 10-degree OR
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/18 or less than 20/60 upto 3/60 or upto 10/200(Snellen) in the better eye with best possible corrections; OR Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of less than 40 degree upto 10-degree
Hearing Impaired (HI)
- Deaf: means person having 70 DB hearing loss in speech frequencies in both ears; or Hard of Hearing: means person having 60 DB to 70 DB hearing loss in speech frequencies in both ears
SBI PO 2018 Selection Procedure
The selection for Probationary Officers will be done through a three tiered process:
Phase-I: Preliminary Exam
- Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Test for 100 marks will be conducted online. The test will have of 3 Sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
- English Language - 30No. of Questions & 20 Minutes
- Quantitative Aptitude - 35No. of Questions & 20 Minutes
- Reasoning Ability - 35No. of Questions & 20 Minutes
- Total Maximum Marks - 100, Duration Total - 01 Hour
Selection Criteria for Main Exam
- Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Exam. Candidates Numbering approximately 10 times the numbers of vacancies in each category will be shortlisted for the Main Exam From the top of the merit list
Phase-II: Main Exam
- Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer. Descriptive Test will be administered immediately after completion of the Objective Test.
- Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude 45 No. of Questions & 60 Minutes
- Data Analysis & Interpretation 35 No. of Questions & 45 Minutes
- General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness 40 No. of Questions & 35 Minutes
- English Language 35 No. of Questions &40 Minutes
- Total Maximum Marks - 155, Duration Total - 3 Hours
- Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
- Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both - Preliminary and Main Examination)
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Exam(Phase-I) will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection. Only the marks obtained in Main Exam(Phase-II), both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparing the final merit list.
- Candidates Will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Main Exam(out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Exercises & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25
- Final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Main Exam and Group Exercises & Interview out of 100
Also See : SBI PO Notification
Top Bank PO Coaching Institutes