SBI PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria and Selection Procedure
Eligibility Criteria for SBI Probationary Officers Recruitment 2019 and Selection Procedure
SBI PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
SBI PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria. SBI Bank PO Recruitment 2019 for 2000 Probationary Officers Posts. Candidates can see the details in eligibility and selection process.
State Bank of India has released the notification for 2000 vacancies for Probationary Officers (POs) Posts. Eligible candidates can complete the application Process between 02nd April to 22nd April 2019. Graduation in any discipline or students of Final year/ semester or candidates with Integrated dual degree IDD certificate may apply. Detailed eligibility is given below along with age limit and other selection details.
Essential Academic Qualifications (as on 31st August 2019)
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final Year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31st August 2019
- Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31st August 2019.
- Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
- The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University/ Institute. In case the result of exam is posted on the website of the University/ Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA/ OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in the online application
- If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of these norms.
Calculation of Percentage
- The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all the semester(s)/ year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours/ optional/ additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class/ Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only.
- The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
Age Limit (As on 01st April 2019)
- Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01st April 2019 i.e. candidates must have been born not later than 01st April 1998 and not earlier than 02nd April 1989 (both days inclusive)
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe - 5 Years
- Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) - 3 Years
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) - PWD (SC/ ST) - 15 Years
- - PWD (OBC) - 13 Years
- - PWD (Gen/ EWS) - 10 Years
- Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers - 5 years
- Persons Ordinarily domiciled of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01st Jan. 1980 to 31st Dec. 1989 - 5 Years
SBI PO 2019 Selection Procedure
- The selection for Probationary Officers will be done through a three tiered process:
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination
- Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Test for 100 marks will be conducted online. The test will have of 3 Sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
- English Language - 30 [20 minutes]
- Quantitative Aptitude - 35 [20 minutes]
- Reasoning Ability - 35 [20 minutes]
- Total Questions - 100
- Total Marks – 100
- Duration: 1 hour
Phase-II: Main Examination:
- Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer the Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. The Descriptive Test will be administered immediately after completion of the Objective Test
- Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude – 45 Questions & 60 Marks [60 minutes]
- Data Analysis & Interpretation - 35 Questions & 60 Marks [45 minutes]
- General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness - 40 Questions & 40 Marks [35 minutes]
- English Language - 35 Questions & 40 Marks [40 minutes]
- Total - 155 Questions and 200 Marks (Duration: 3 hours)
- Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).
- Only the marks obtained in Main Exam (Phase-II), both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparing the final merit list
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Main Examination (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 marks and Group Exercises & Interview scores of candidates (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25 marks. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating (out of 100) converted marks of Main Examination and Group Exercises & Interview
- Bank may arrange pre-exam training at certain centres for SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates in consonance with the guidelines issued by Govt. of India
- An indicative list of training centres in Agartala, Agra, Ahmedabad, Aizwal, Akola, Allahabad, Asansol, Aurangabad, Bareilly, Bhubaneswar, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhopal, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Dibrugarh, Ernakulam, Gangtok, Gorakhpur, Gulbarga, Guwahati, Hubli, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Itanagar, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Meerut, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagpur, New Delhi, Panaji (Goa),Patna, Port Blair, Purnea, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Silchar, Siliguri, Shillong, Srinagar, Toora, Tirupati, Vadodara, Varanasi, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada.
- Presently, the starting basic pay is Rs.27620/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I
- The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/ Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. The total compensation per annum on CTC basis be a minimum of 8.20 lacs and maximum of 13.08 lacs depending on place of posting and other factors.
- SBI may offer, subject to necessary approvals, a SMART Compensation Package which would enable candidates a choice to monetize specific elements of the salary package.
- For SC/ST/PWD Candidates - Rs.100/-
- For General, OBC Candidates - Rs.600/-
- Fee/Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other exam for selection
Also See : SBI PO Notification
Top Bank PO Coaching Institutes