SBI PO 2019 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern for SBI PO 2019
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2019 - State Bank of India conducts exam for SBI PO 2019 recruitment in three phases - Online Prelims Exam, Mains Exam and Interview Process. To get selected for the post of SBI Probationary Officers, aspirants should be well aware of the exam pattern for SBI PO 2019.
From the page below one can get the details of Exam pattern for SBI PO 2019.
SBI PO 2019 Exam Pattern
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination:
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Test for 100 marks will be conducted online. The test will have of 3 Sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
- English Language - 30 [20 minutes]
- Quantitative Aptitude - 35 [20 minutes]
- Reasoning Ability - 35 [20 minutes]
- Total Questions - 100
- Total Marks – 100
- Duration: 1 hour
Selection for Main Examination: Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Exam. There will be no sectional cut-off. Candidates numbering 10 times the numbers of vacancies (approx.) in each category will be shortlisted for Main Examination from the top of above merit list.
Phase-II: Main Examination
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer the Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. The Descriptive Test will be administered immediately after completion of the Objective Test.
(i) Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude – 45 Questions & 60 Marks [60 minutes]
- Data Analysis & Interpretation - 35 Questions & 60 Marks [45 minutes]
- General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness - 40 Questions & 40 Marks [35 minutes]
- English Language - 35 Questions & 40 Marks [40 minutes]
- Total - 155 Questions and 200 Marks (Duration: 3 hours)
(ii) Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).
Selection for Group Exercise and Interview: Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Main Examination. There will be no sectional cut-off. Candidates numbering up to 3 times (approx.) of the category wise vacancies will be shortlisted for the Group Exercise & Interview from the top of the category wise merit list subject to a candidate scoring the minimum aggregate qualifying score
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both - Preliminary and Main Exam)
- There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, 1/4th of marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
See: Bank PO Exams
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection. Only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparing the final merit list. The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Main Examination (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 marks and Group Exercises & Interview scores of candidate (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25 marks. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating (out of 100) converted marks of Main Examination and Group Exercises & Interview. Selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
- The examinations will be conducted online at venues across many centres in India. A tentative list of centres for Preliminary Examination is attached as Annexure I.
- No request for change of Examination Centre shall be entertained.
- SBI reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- SBI also reserves the right to allot any centre to the candidate other than the one he/ she had opted for.
- Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/ her/ their own risk and expenses and SBI will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- Any unruly behaviour/ misbehaviour in the examination hall may result in cancellation of candidature/ disqualification from future exams conducted by SBI.
- The centres for the Main Examination will be limited
Top Bank PO Coaching Institutes