NUJS Kolkata M.Phil. and PhD Admissions 2019
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences Kolkata announces Admissions to Ph.D./M.Phil Degree Program 2019-20
NUJS Kolkata PhD and M.Phil. Admission 2019 - West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS) Kolkata invites application for eligible candidates for admission to PhD (Doctoral of Philosophy) Degree and M.Phil. Program for the academic year 2019-20.
No. of Seats
- Eight (08) vacancies only.
- Final selection for these Eight (08) vacancies will be on the merit as evident from the PhD/MPhil course work result.
- Any candidate who satisfies the following conditions is eligible to seek registration for Ph.D./MPhil in the University upon application for provisional registration.
- The candidate shall have LLM Degree or any Master’s Degree having the potentiality of interdisciplinary study with law from any university recognized by UGC or equivalent LLM or Master’s Degree of foreign university with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- However, this condition is relaxed to 50% in case of candidates belonging to SC & ST/OBC (Non- creamy layer) or differently abled categories and those who had obtained their master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991.
- This condition is relaxed to 45% in case of candidates belonging to SC and ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer) or differently abled categories.
- Candidates who have qualified for UGC/SLET/SET/JRF fellowships are exempted from Entrance Test. However, they have to undergo interview.
- Candidates with MPhil degree from any recognized University are exempted from Entrance Test. However, they have to undergo interview.
See: PHD Admission 2019
- Admission of candidates under 1.1 above to PhD/MPhil shall be through an Entrance test and interview. Admission of candidates under 1.2 and 1.3 above shall be on the basis of interview.
- The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper of 100 marks with 3 hours duration. The syllabus of the paper shall cover:
- (i) Research Methodology; (ii) Comparative Public Law /System of Governance; (iii) Law & Justice in a Globalising World
- Interview for all - 100 marks
- Selection of candidates for the Eight (08) available seats shall be on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the entrance test plus interview or interview only as the case may be.
- Registration fee of Rs. 15,000/- (Non-refundable) (at the time of registration) plus annual fees of Rs. 50,000/- per annum (Non-refundable).
- Applications may be downloaded from the university website www.nujs.edu or may be obtained directly from the office of the University.
- The applications need to be accompanied by a demand draft of Rs 2000/‐ in favour of the Registrar, WBNUJS, Kolkata payable at Kolkata.
- Complete applications in all respect to be addressed to the Registrar, WBNUJS, 12 LB Block, Sector-III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata700098 by 20th August 2019.
- Last Date for Submission of the application is: 20th August 2019
- The shortlisted candidates for PhD/MPhil Degree shall have to take and Entrance Exam on 07th September 2019 at 11:00 am
- Personal interview date to be notified later
- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences WBNUJS Kolkata, Registrar, WBNUJS, 12 LB Block, Sector-III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700098, Website www.nujs.edu
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India