Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI) Mumbai announces Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Admission 2021
VJTI PhD Admission 2021 – Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute Mumbai invites applications for Admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) Programme for the academic year 2021-22.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Textile Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Minimum Three years for Full Time Non Sponsored/ Sponsored Research Scholar
- Minimum Four Years for Part Time Sponsored Research Scholar / VJTI internal candidates.
VJTI PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Available of online application forms mode :- 18th June 2021
- Last date for submission of completed application forms :- 12th July 2021
- Display of shortlisted candidates on website :- 19th July 2021
- Clarification/Objection on shortlisted candidates :- 21st July 2021
- Display of corrected shortlisted candidates :- 26th July 2021
- Online Test conduct by respective department :- 30th July 2021 (10.00 am)
- Interview conduct by respective department :- 02nd & 03rd August 2021 (10.00 am)
- Display of Final Merit List on website :- 09th August 2021
- Last day for confirmation of provisional admission by paying fees :- 13th August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for VJTI PhD Admission 2021
- Educational Qualification: Subject to the conditions stipulated in Directive No. Exam./Thesis/Univ./VCD/947 of 2018 of Mumbai University, the following persons are eligible to seek admission to the Ph.D. programme:
- A candidate seeking admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree.
- Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to reserved categories/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per policies of the Government of Maharashtra prescribed from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September. 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures. OR
- A candidate possessing PhD. Degree of University of Mumbai or any other recognized university, as per the guidelines of the UGC from time to time, in a given subject and wants to pursue Ph.D. in the same or other subject.
- Note: Institute reserves the rights to admit candidates based on merit and performance during Interview & written test. Mere satisfaction of minimum qualification does not entitle for admission to Ph.D.programs.
VJTI PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates must first submit their application form with necessary application fees (along with all the relevant certificates/documents) online through https://www.vjti.ac.in/ (applications without online submission of application as well as certificates/documents will not be considered).
- Candidates should make sure all relevant details are duly filled in the respective fields. Access to the link for online submission of application opens on June 18, 2021 (Friday). Last date for the online submission of application is July 12, 2021 (Friday) 5.00 pm.
- General Category :- Rs. 500/-
- Reserved Category: SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC, EBC , EWS & Differently abled person :- Rs. 300/-
- Procedure for Admission to Ph.D programmes
- Entrance Test : The syllabus of the entrance test shall consist of 50% based on research methodology/Aptitude Test and 50% shall be subject specific. The test will consist of an objective paper of 2 hours duration consisting of 100 marks for 100 multiple choice questions (MCQ) in the relevant discipline. (For subject specific
- syllabus refer Annexure – VI)
- Interview : Candidates securing minimum fifty (50) marks in entrance test or exempted from the written test will be eligible for appearing for interview.
- Relaxation of 5 % of marks, from 50% to 45%. Shall be allowed for those belonging to reserved categories/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per policies of the Government of Maharashtra prescribed from time to time.
Exemption from the Written Test
- The following candidates shall be exempted from Written Test:
- Candidates qualified having valid scores in UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET ISLET/GATE /INSPIRE / PET (By Maharashtra Public Universities) and any other JRF holder of the apex bodies like CSIR/ UGC/ ICAR/ ICMR/ DBT/ DST/ ICSSR;
- Ph.D. degree holder of University of Mumbai or any other recognized University who desires to pursue Ph.D. at VJTI.
For more detail and apply online visit the official website