University of Kerala announces Ph.D. Program Admission January 2021 Session, Dates, Eligibility, Application Process
University of Kerala PhD Admission 2021 – University of Kerala invites Online Applications from eligible candidates for registration to full time/part-time research leading to PhD Degree of the University, for January 2021 Session, subject to availability of vacancies.
Candidates shall carry out their research under approved research supervisor in the University Departments or in a research centre duly approved by the University. Regulations for Award of Ph.D Degrees, University of Kerala, 2016 effective for registration from July 2016 Session onwards is available in the University website.
University of Kerala PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
Last date for receipt of applications online is – 15th January 2021
Last date of submit the print outs of the applications along with all documents and cash receipt/DD – 16th January 2021
Eligibility Criteria for University of Kerala PhD Admission 2021
- Masters Degree or a Professional Degree recognized as equivalent to the Masters Degree of the University of Kerala in Grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (Or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with not less than 55% marks.
- Qualified in the entrance test conducted by this University or National Eligibility Test conducted by the UGC /CSIR /ICAR/ICMR or GATE or State Level Eligibility Test conducted by the Kerala Government or Fellowship awarded by the Central and State Govt. Departments/Agencies as approved by the University, M Phil Degree by research and thesis. The validity period if any of such qualifications are counted for granting admission.
- Candidates who have passed the M.Phil Program with a minimum of Grade ’B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent.
- A candidate for whom M.Phil dissertation stands evaluated, but the viva voce remains yet to be scheduled are also eligible to be admitted to the Ph.D program provided the eligibility conditions are fulfilled prior to the date of the Doctoral Committee.
Relaxation of marks
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be granted to those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently able and other categories of candidates.
- Eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned under (1) above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks exclusive of the grace mark procedures.
University of Kerala PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible Candidates can apply online the University website http://research.keralauniversity.ac.in/
- Applications should be submitted online www.research.keralauniversity.ac.in. The print outs of the application so submitted should be submitted at the time of the Doctoral Committee along with attested and original copies of certificates and fee receipt.
- Applicants for subjects that are not being offered at the University Departments should submit the print outs of the applications along with all documents and cash receipt/DD to the Registrar, the University of Kerala on or before 16th January 2021.
- In case of subjects which are not given access for online registration, if it has UGC/ CSIR-JRF /DBT-JRF/ DST-JRF(INSPIRE)/GATE/UGC-MANF candidates pursuing research, they are directed to submit a request duly endorsed by the Head of the Department specifying the details to the Registrar, the University of Kerala on or before 16.01.2021.
Registration fee of Rs.550/- has to be paid, by way of Kerala University Chalan receipt/Friends cash receipts/DD (an additional amount of Rs.10/- to be paid as service charge in case of DD).
- All remittances made by DD should be drawn in favor of the Finance Officer, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram. The drafts are drawn on SBI Branches payable at SBI Service Branch, Thiruvananthapuram, and on District Co-operative Banks payable at State Cooperative Bank Head Office Branch, Thiruvananthapuram only will be accepted from candidates residing within the State. Those residing outside the State may submit SBI Drafts payable at SBI Main Branch, Thiruvananthapuram.
Exemption from Entrance Test
The following categories are exempted from qualifying the entrance test for registration to Ph.D.
- Regular College/University teachers who have 7 or more years of teaching experience are exempted from the entrance test.
- Scientists working in approved research laboratories either owned or managed by the Central/State Government or in Autonomous Research Institutions of National status, with 7 years experience in Grade Scientists having two research papers published in the recognized research journals of the subject concerned approved by the UGC.
- Candidates with DBT/JRF are permitted to register for research leading to Ph.D Degree in Biotechnology.
- Candidates with DST-INSPIRE fellowship.
- Those students who qualify UGC-NET/JRF, UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF, SLET, GATE, and Research Fellowships of Central or State Government Departments/Agencies as approved by the University, as the case may be.
- Teacher Fellowship holders and M.Phil Degree holders seeking registration for Ph.D. shall be required to qualify the Entrance Test in case registration is sought in a different discipline other than that specialized at PG/M. Phil Degree levels respectively.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website