University of Kerala PhD Admission July 2018
University of Kerala PhD Entrance Exam 2018
University of Kerala PhD Admission 2018 - Applications are invited online from eligible candidates for registration to full time/part time research leading to PhD Degree of the University, for July 2018 Session, subject to availability of vacancies
Candidates shall carry out their research under approved research supervisor in the University Depts. or in a research centre duly approved by the University
Also See : Phd Admissions 2019
- Last Date for Receipt of Applications Online is 15th July 2018
- Dept. Specifying the details to the Registrar, University of Kerala on or before 16th July 2018
- Fulltime/Part-time research leading to PhD Degree of the University, for July 2018 Session
Duration of the Program
- PhD Program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years
- Women candidates and candidates with disability of more than 40% may be allowed a relaxation of two years for PhD in the maximum duration
PhD subjects offered are
- 1. Aquatic Biology and Fisheries; 2. Archaeology; 3. Bio-chemistry; 4. Biotechnology; 5. Botany; 6. Chemistry; 7. Commerce; 8. Computational Biology and Bioinformatics; 9. Demography; 10. Economics; 11. Education; 12. English; 13. Environmental Science; 14. Geography; 15. Geology; 16. Hindi; 17. Islamic Studies; 18. Linguistics; 19. Mathematics; 20. Optoelectronics; 21. Physical Education; 22. Physics; 23. Political Science; 24. Psychology; 25. Public Administration; 26. Russian; 27. Social Work; 28. Sociology; 29. Statistics; 30. Tamil; 31. Zoology
Also See : Admission Notifications 2019
- Candidates for admission to the PhD Program - Should have Master's Degree or a Professional Degree recognized as equivalent to the Master’s Degree of the University of Kerala in Grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (Or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with not less than 55% marks OR an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment/Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established. or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be granted to those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decisions of the University/State Govt. from time to time, or for those who had obtained their master’s degree prior to 19th Sept. 1991.
- Eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks exclusive of the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates who have passed the M.Phil. Program With a minimum of grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale(or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent shall be eligible
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates, as decided by the State Govt./University from time to time
- Candidates for whom M.Phil. dissertation stands evaluated, but the viva-voce remains yet to be scheduled are also eligible to be admitted to the PhD Program of the same institution
Exemption from Entrance Test
- Candidates for PhD Program shall be granted registration through an entrance test conducted by the University. The following categories are exempted from qualifying PhD entrance test conducted by the University
- Candidates with UGC-NET/JRF, UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF, SLET, GATE and research fellowships of central and state Govt. Depts./ Agencies as approved by the University
- MPhil Degree and teacher fellowship holders
- Those who have qualified MPhil in subjects other than the subjects in which he/she seeks registration for PhD would be required to qualify the Eligibility Test
- Candidates with DBT-JRF are permitted to register for research leading to PhD Degree in Biotechnology
- Candidates with DST-INSPIRE fellowship
Relaxation of Marks
- A relaxation of 5%of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade shall be granted to those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/differently abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University/State Govt. from time to time or for those who had obtained their master’s degree prior to 19th Sept. 1991.
- Eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned under (2) above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks exclusive of the grace mark procedures
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the PhD entrance test conducted by the university.
- Candidates who have already qualified in the NET for JRF or Lectureship of the UGC/CSIR or ICAR/GATE or ICMR JRF Test (or);
- Candidates who are selected for fellowship by the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environ. or the SLET conducted by the Kerala Govt. or who hold M.Phil. Degree by research and thesis in addition to a master’s degree or its equivalent with not less than 55% marks are exempted from eligibility test.
- Candidates with DST-INSPIRE fellowship are exempted from PhD entrance test.
- Candidates who have qualified (GPAT) are exempted from PhD entrance test and are permitted to register for research leading to PhD degree in Pharmacy.
- Applications should be Submitted Online www.research.keralauniversity.ac.in
- The print outs of the application so submitted should be submitted at the time of Doctoral Committee along with attested and original copies of certificates and fee receipt
- Applicants for subjects which are not being offered at the University Departments should submit the printouts of the applications along with all documents and cash receipt/DD to the Registrar, University of Kerala on or before 16th July 2018
- In case of subjects which are not given access for online registration, if it has UGC/CSIR-JRF/DBT-JRF/DST-JRF(INSPIRE)/GATE candidates pursuing research, they are directed to submit a request duly endorsed by the Head of the Dept. Specifying the details to the Registrar, University of Kerala on or before 16th July 2018
- Registration Fee of Rs.520/- has to be paid, by way of Kerala University challan receipt/Friends cash receipts/DD (an additional amount of Rs.10/- to be paid as service charge in case of DD)
- All remittances made by DD should be drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram
- The drafts drawn on SBI Branches payable at SBI Service Branch, Thiruvananthapuram and on District Co-operative Banks payable at State Co-operative Bank Head Office Branch, Thiruvananthapuram
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website: www.research.keralauniversity.ac.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India