University of Calcutta announces Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2023 for Admission to PhD in Applied Physics (Instrumentation Engineering)
Calcutta University PhD in Applied Physics (IE) Admission 2023 – University of Calcutta invites applications for Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2023 for admission to PhD Program in Applied Physics (Instrumentation Engineering) for the academic year 2023
Calcutta University PhD in Applied Physics (IE) Admission 2023
Total No. of Seats
- Electrical Engineering: 06 (Six) (Reservation Policy is as per CU Norms)
- Robotics and control systems.
- Power system and related communications.
- Power Electronics Applications.
- Biomedical Signal Analysis/ intelligent health monitoring.
- Renewable energy integration.
- Date of Advertisement in CU website 16.01.2023
- Last date of submission of duly filled-in admission Form (in physical hard copy format): 15.02.2023
- Publication of List of Candidates appearing for Entrance test (in CU website): 24.02.2023
- Date, time of online written test 09.03.2023
- Publication of List of Candidates eligible to appear for an Interview (in CU website): 14.03.2023
- Date, time Interview followed by a presentation on research proposal: 21.03.2023
- Publication of List of Candidates for Enrollment in CU website (subject to the approval of Hon’ble Vice Chancellor): 21/04/2023
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or its equivalent (equivalence to be approved by the corresponding body of this University), with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale.
- First class Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Master’s degree in Science with at least 55% marks in aggregate. However, they have to pass through an entrance test (short answer type) and / or other formalities as per the CU Ph.D. Regulation, 2016.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per CU Ph.D. Regulations, 2016.
- Application Form can be downloaded at the official website https://www.caluniv.ac.in/
- Filled in application forms, accompanied by self-attested xerox copies of the relevant marksheets and certificates, A 400-word Research Proposal and the counterpart of a challan (obtainable from the Cash Counter of the University at the College Street campus) of Rs.100/- should be submitted to the office of the Department of Applied Physics, 92, A. P. C. Road, Kolkata 700009 on all working days between 12 Noon to 4 PM in a closed envelope. Write “RET-2023 in IE” on the top of the envelope. The chalan should necessarily be endorsed by the HOD before deposition of fees at any Cash Counter of the University.
- Selection will be based on Entrance test and Interview.
- Qualifying marks for the written test is fixed at 50%.
- The candidates qualified in the written test will have to appear for an interview with a PPT presentation on the proposed area of research for final selection.
- The interview will be on the proposed area of research by the candidate and related topics.
- The final selection will be on the basis of the criteria fixed by the department.
- The Ph.D. entrance test will consist of two parts: (a) Written test, and (b) Power Point presentation followed by interview.
- The written test will be of multiple-choice question (MCQ) type and short answer type.
- The examination will be of 01 (one) hour duration.
- The questions of the written test will, in general, cover topics of Instrumentation Engineering, basics of Physics, Electronics, Communication Systems and Computer Science.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website