Calcutta University Research Eligibility Test for PhD Physics Admission 2019
Calcutta University Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2019 for admission PhD Program in Physics
Calcutta University Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2019 - Applications are invited for admission to PhD Programme in the Department of Physics, University of Calcutta in the prescribed proforma downloadable from the University of Calcutta Website for the academic year 2019-20.
Get details on Calcutta University Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2019 - such as eligibility criteria, application process, admission procedure, dates and more.
- PhD Programme in Physics
No. of Seats - 35 (Thirty-Five)
See: PhD Admission 2019
Calcutta University Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date of Submission of Forms: 15th June 2019
- List of candidates eligible for the written test to be displayed on the departmental web page on or after 25th June 2019
- Date of Written Test: 03rd July 2019 (Time: 11.00 hrs)
- List of candidates eligible (from the written test) for the interview to be displayed on: 03rd July 2019, 13.30 hrs.
- Date of Interview: 03rd July, 04th July 2019 & 05th July 2019 from 11.00 hrs.
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University PhD in Physics Admission 2019
- Applications must be M. Sc in Physics
Calcutta University RET 2019 Exam Scheme
- The eligible candidates will have to appear in a written MCQ-type examination of 1-hour duration to be held in this department on 03rd July 2019 at 11.00 hrs.
- The syllabus of this examination is the Physics M.Sc. syllabus of this University excluding Advanced Papers. The successful candidates will be called for an interview during July 3-5, 2019.
- The final selection and allocation of supervisor will be on the basis of this interview.
- Candidates who have qualified in UGC/CSIR (JRF and LS)/NET/SET/SLET/GATE (with valid GATE score)/Teacher Eligibility or equivalent examinations or have already obtained the MPhil degree are exempted from the written examination but must appear for an interview on the scheduled date.
- Candidates eligible for written test, are requested to bring a photo identity card with them. One must produce original testimonials during the time of interview. No TA/DA will be given to outstation candidates and no accommodation can be arranged.
- The number of candidates who may be selected if found suitable, is not more than thirty-five (35), including reservations as per Government rule.
Calcutta University RET 2019 Application Process
- Applications are invited for admission to PhD Program in the Department of Physics, University of Calcutta in the prescribed proforma downloadable from the University of Calcutta Website www.univ.ac.in
- Filled in applications together with self-attested copies of caste certificate (if applicable) and NET/GATE/SET/SLET/Teacher Eligibility certificate (if applicable) must reach The Head, Physics Department, University of Calcutta, 92 Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata-700009.
- For details regarding areas of research of individual faculty members please see the departmental webpage http://physicscaluniv.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India