Calcutta University PhD in Business Management Admission 2019, Dates, Application
University of Calcutta announces Admission for PhD in Business Management 2019
University of Calcutta PhD in Business Management Admission 2019 - Applications are invited for admission to the Programme of Ph.D. in Business Management (BM) of the Department of Business Management, University of Calcutta for the academic year 2019.
The application portal is live and interested candidates are encouraged to check out all of the details regarding the eligibility, application procedure and more below:
See: PhD Admissions
- The admission to the Ph.D. Programme is guided by the Regulation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, PhD Regulation 2006 of Calcutta University and other relevant rules and orders of the University.
No of Seats: 20
University of Calcutta PhD in Business Management Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form: 10th June 2019 (1200 noon to 05.00 pm)
- Date & Time would be communicated in the website only
- List of candidates eligible for appearing at the interview will be displayed on the Notice Board website
- Written Test will be displayed on the Notice Board: 10 Days from the last date of application
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calcutta PhD in Business Management Admission 2019
- Candidates must have completed their Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources, Commerce, Social Sciences, Humanities (excluding Fine Arts and Dramatics), Physical Sciences, Law, Library Science, and Technology, Medicine or allied disciplines from University of Calcutta or from other UGC recognized universities with equivalence clearance from the Registrar’s Office, University of Calcutta
- Candidates who are exempted from written test under the regulation for the degree of doctor of philosophy, PhD regulation 2006 of Calcutta University may apply for appearing for Interview, subject to equivalence clearance from Registrar’s office, wherever required.
- Minimum 55% marks in Masters Degree or equivalent is required
- Written test will be conducted of 100 marks of 3 (three) hours duration. The modules of Test will be 3 (three) namely the following:
- Quantitative and Logical Reasoning with weight of 40%
- Analysis of a Business Issue with weight of 30%
- Two Concept Papers’ (to be selected from the given research themes) with weight of 30%
- Qualifying marks for written test: 40
- Interview of 100 marks
- All candidates who qualify in the written test and the exempted category will have to appear for interview
- Selection would be made from the Written Test qualified candidates and the eligible exempted category candidates on the basis of the marks obtained in the Interview only (subject to clearance of equivalence)
University of Calcutta PhD in Business Management Admission 2019 Application Process
- All candidates (including those in exempted category) are required to download the application form from the University website www.caluniv.ac.in (admission notification) or Departmental Website www.bmcaluniv.org and submit the same to the Office of the Head on or before 10th June 2019 in the Alipore Campus
- The Equivalence Clearance may be obtained from Registrar’s Office, University of Calcutta, College Street Campus which is required to be submitted at the Head’s Office, Department of Business Management, Alipore Campus as soon as possible and latest before 10th June 2019
See: Latest Entrance Exam
- List of candidates eligible for Written Test will be displayed on the Notice Board of the Department and also on the website www.bmcaluniv.org within the 10 Days from the last date of application. No personal intimation will be sent to any applicant.
- Date, Time & Venue of Written Test & Interview: Date and Time would be communicated in the website only. Venue: Alipur Campus, University of Calcutta, 1, Reformatory Street, Kolkata-700027
- List of candidates eligible for appearing at the interview will be displayed on the Notice Board of the Department and also on the website www.bmcaluniv.org
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India