Calcutta University M.Ed Program Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
University of Calcutta Admission Notice for 2 year M.Ed Course 2019
University of Calcutta M.Ed Admission 2019 - Calcutta University invites applications from interested candidates for admission into 2 years full time (4 semesters) M.Ed course for the year 2019
Total no. of seats: 50 (Deputed: 25. Fresher: 25)
Also See : M.Ed Admissions 2019
University of Calcutta MEd Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Submission of online application commences on: 12th June 2019
- Last date of online application submission: 19th June 2019
- Date for submission of printed copy of application form, e- receipt of payment etc. at university of Calcutta, Alipore Campus is 24th June 2019 to 26th June 2019 up to 3 pm
- Hall ticket collection: 01st July 2019
- Deputed spot admission through counselling at the University of Calcutta, Alipore campus at 12 pm: 15th July 2019
- Examination for fresher: 05th July 2019
- List of the provisionally selected candidates will be put up on the website as well as notice board of University of Calcutta, Alipore Campus: 11th July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calcutta M.Ed Admission 2019
The applicant for entrance test and career marking shall be drawn on the basis of the following:
- B.Ed degree 1 or 2 year duration with minimum 55% marks or B grade in grading system or
- 4 year integrated teacher education degree programme (BEIEd/ B.ScEd/ BAEd) with minimum 55% marks or B Grade in grading system. Or
- D.EI.Ed/ D.Ed with a bachelors Honors degree (BA/B.Sc/BCom) each with minimum 55% or B Grade in grading system or
- Special B.Ed with minimum 55% marks or B Grade in grading system.
- 45 years as on 30.6.19 for fresher candidates and 55 years for candidates employed in Secondary/Higher Secondary Schools, Colleges, Government and Semi Government organizations. There is a relaxation of age for a maximum of 5 (five) years for students belonging to Scheduled Caste, Schedule Tribe and Person with Disability categories.
Admission to M.Ed two year programme will be based on:
- Career Marking:
- In career marking five components (i.e. Aggregate marks obtained in 10th, 12th , Graduation, Post Graduation & B.Ed as mentioned in point (EC-I) will be proportionately evaluated in 50 marks by distributing 10 mark for each
- Entrance Test
- There will be a written test of 1 hour. 30 minutes duration comprising of 50 compulsory MCQ type questions of 1 mark each (Total marks 50) based on perspectives in teacher education. The deputed candidates need not appear for admission test. Based on the sum of total marks obtained in a and b final merit list should be prepared keeping in view reservation norms of the Government. Total number of seats in the course is 50 of which 50% will be allotted for deputed and 50% to fresher candidates. If deputed seats remain vacant they can be filled up with fresher candidates.
- Selection will be made strictly in order of merit and subject group quota for 60% of seats from C.U. candidates (Category A) and also for rest 40% of seats (Category B) i.e. for rest CU and Non-CU candidates the same procedure will be followed. Category will be determined based on the chronologically last obtained degree relevant for admission.
Admission and counselling for fresher:
- CU: 16th July 2019
- Non- CU: 18th July 2019
- Reporting time: 11.30 am
- For General Category: Rs.300/-
- For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 150/-
University of Calcutta M.Ed Admission 2019 Application Process
- Open the Page http://www.caluniv-ucsta.net/med/phpfiles/main.php
- Click the ‘Click here to register’ link at the bottom of the Login form.
- Fill in the Registration Form.
Information required for filling in the form:
- Marks / Grade obtained in major Examinations from 10th Standard onwards.
- Income of family per month.
- (Optional) Scanned Photo (3.5 cm x 3.5 cm) in jpg / jpeg format and size < 20 KB
University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Dept. of Education, Office of the Secretary, Alipore Campus, University of Calcutta, 1 Reformatory Street, Alipore, Kolkata- 700027, Telephone No: 24398453, 24791645, Email: abanik@ caluniv.ac.in, Website www.caluniv.ac.in or www.caluniv-ucsta.net
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!