TNTEU M.Ed Program Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Tamil Nadu Teacher Education University Chennai announces Admission to Master of Education (M.Ed.) Program 2019
TNTEU M. Ed Admission 2019 - Applications are invited for admission to Full-Time Two year M.Ed Degree programme offered in this University Departments for the academic year 2019-20.
Candidates can check the complete information of TNTEU M.Ed. Admission 2019 like application process, eligibility criteria, and other information through this page below.
- The National Policy on Education (1986) has clearly stated the need for restructuring the system of Teacher Education which will pave way for quality improvement in Teacher Education. Keeping this in mind, the Govt. of Tamil Nadu for promoting excellence in teacher education has established the Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University under Tamil Nadu Act No. 33 of 2008
M.Ed. Degree Program
- For the purpose to fulfil the above, the TNTEU has designed Master Degree Programme in Education (M.Ed) with the twin objectives of producing trained and competent human power and to provide trained professionals with academic leadership and research orientations.
- It is planned to offer this program under Non-Semester pattern with two years of duration, so that the students are free to choose courses of their interest and the curriculum consisting of 7 theory papers in first year and 6 theory papers in the second year with practical Components as follows.
Also See : M.Ed Admission 2019
TNTEU M. Ed Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for submission of filled in application: 17th August 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination and interview : Will be informed Later
- Entrance examination will be conducted only in the TNTEU Campus, Chennai-97.
Also See : Latest Entrance Exams
Eligibility Criteria for TNTEU M. Ed Admission 2019
- Candidates having minimum 50% of marks in theory and practical components separately in B.Ed degree from this University or any other recognized university are eligible to apply for admission to M.Ed degree programme.
- The Candidates who have appeared for 2nd year B.Ed degree Examination are also eligible to apply. However, at the time of admission, the Candidate should submit the qualifying mark statement.
- Total annual intake for the programme is 50 and selection is based on the Reservation Policy prescribed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates will be selected for admission on the basis of percentage of marks secured in the qualifying examinations and entrance test.
Duration of the course:
- The duration of M.Ed degree programme is of two academic years. The duration of each year consists of 200 working days exclusive of admission and inclusive of classroom transaction, practicum, field study and conduct of examination. The candidates shall be permitted to complete the programme with a maximum period of three academic years from the date of admission.
Medium of Instruction: Tamil and English.
- Each student should gain minimum of 85 % (170 days ) of attendance, failing which they will not be permitted to appear for the University Examinations(Both Theory and Practical), Candidates who are able to gain attendance only up to 75% on the medical ground ,will be permitted to appear for Examination after getting condonation of attendance.
- For First year: Rs.5945/-
- For Second year: Rs.4640/-
TNTEU M. Ed Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online at the University website www.tnteu.in providing all details and print out of the filled-in online application should be taken from the university website and forwarded to the University along with the application fee and self-attested copies of the certificates as follows:
- Transfer Certificate
- UG Degree or Provisional
- PG Degree/Provisional
- B.Ed. Degree/Provisional
- B.Ed. Mark Statement
- Community Certificate
- Certificates of PWD (if applicable)
- Candidates are permitted to update and correct their data on the online application till the last date of submission of application
- The Cost of application Rs.100/-( Rs.50/- for SC/ST/PWD) only
- The application fee should be remitted in the form of Demand Draft in favour of “The Registrar, Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University‟ payable at Chennai and the original DD should be enclosed along with the print out copy of the Application submitted online.
- Attach a Rs.20/- stamped self-addressed (24x12cm) envelope along with filled-in Application. University is not responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit.
- The filled in application along with necessary enclosures should be sent directly to “The Registrar, Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University, Gangaiamman Koil Street, Karappakkam, Chennai-600 097” with superscription on the top of the cover as “Application for Admission to M.Ed Programme 2019-20”.
The Registrar, Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University, Gangaiamman Koil Street, Karappakkam, Chennai-600097, Tamil Nadu, Website www.tnteu.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!