SLIET SET 2019 Admission, Eligibility, Application,Dates
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) announces Entrance Test (SET V) for PhD Admission (Even Semester) 2019
SLIET PhD Admission 2019 - Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET), invites applications for admission to PhD Program for the academic year 2019. The admissions will be made through Sant Longowal Institute All India SLIET Entrance Test (SLIET SET) 2019 (SET-V) [Even Semester]
The admission to PhD Program (Part Time/Full Time) will be strictly as per Institute rules. The admission will be done in the following departments.
Candidates wish to apply for the PhD Program at Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET) can get the details on dates, eligibility selection, application and more from the page below.
Also See : Admission Notifications
About the SLIET
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET), established by the Government of India, provides technical education in emerging areas of Engineering & Technology.
- The Institute offers programs at Certificate, Diploma, Degree, Post-graduate (M. Tech., MBA and M.Sc.) and Ph.D. level in Science, Humanities, Management, Engineering and Technology. The M. Tech. Programs were started in the Institute in 2002.
SLIET PhD Admission 2019 Dates
- Last Date for Receipt of Online Application: 07th January 2019 (Monday)
- Date of Entrance Exam (SET-V): 13th January 2019 (Sunday)
- Result of Entrance Exam: 15th January 2019 (Tuesday)
- Presentation of Research Proposal/Interview: 17th January 2019 (Thursday)
- Declaration of Final Result: 21st January 2019 (Monday)
- Counselling/Registration: 23rd January 2019 (Wednesday)
- Creative and productive enquiry is the basic concept underlying the research work. The award of the Ph.D. Degree is in respect of high achievements, independent research and application of scientific knowledge to the solution of scientific and technical problems
- The admission to Ph.D. Program (Full Time/ Part Time) will be strictly as per institute rules. The admission will be done in the following disciplines.
- Chemical Engineering (CHE)
- Chemistry (CHY)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering (EIE)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Food Engineering & Technology (FET)
- Mathematics (MATH)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Physics (PHY)
PhD Program is Available in following Categories:
- Full Time (with fellowship)
- Full Time (without fellowship)
- Part Time
Eligibility Criteria for SLIET PhD Admission 2019
- Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / Science / Humanities / Management with 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) in relevant disciplines (MCA degree is not eligible for Ph.D.in CSE).
- (i) Master’s Degree holders or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- (ii) A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, should be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/PwD (Differently-abled)/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September 1991
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures
- Admission to the PhD Program will be based on Two Stage Process through:
- An ENTRANCE TEST (SET-V) shall be QUALIFYING with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. The Entrance Test shall be conducted at SLIET only; and
a) Based on number of candidates to be called for interview, Dept. can set a higher cut off marks.
b) The PhD Entrance Test (SET-V) will consist of one paper of two hours duration. This paper will have 100 objective type questions (Multiple Choice) of total 100 marks.
- An INTERVIEW/ PRESENTATION/ VIVA-VOCE wherein the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation or interview/viva-voce before a duly constituted Department Research Committee (DRC)/ Interview Panel. The interview/ presentation/ viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
a) the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
b) the research work can be suitably undertaken at the institution/College;
c) the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- The candidates who fulfill the conditions of eligibility criteria can apply online by 07th January 2019
- The eligible candidates who have qualified GATE/ UGC/CSIR (JRF) NET with fellowship/ NET (ASRB) with fellowship/ State level eligibility test (SLET/SET) with fellowship (having valid score) are exempted from appearing for the entrance exam, However, they will submit the proof of having qualified the exam with valid score. But, they have to APPLY ONLINE. These candidates have to appear for the interview/presentation/viva voce.
- The interview will be applicable to the candidates who qualify SET-V and others who are EXEMPTED FROM APPEARING in SET-V as per 2.5(c). The admission will be given based on MERIT LIST, prepared on the basis of performance in interview/ presentation/ viva-voce
Medium of Exam
- The medium of entrance exam for SET-V will be English
- The admit card can be downloaded from student login on or before the day of entrance examination
- Being Centrally Funded Technical Institute, candidates would be considered for reservation and other benefits under SC/ST/OBC quota as per the guidelines issued/list published by Government of India for the purpose
- The number of seats for Full Time with Institute Fellowship are tabulated below. The seats may be increased or decreased as per recommendations of the Interview Panel/ DRC of respective departments at the time of the interview as per suitability of the candidates, and availability of funds
- Chemical Engg. (CHE) - 05
- Chemistry (CHY) - 04
- Computer Science & Engg. (CSE) - 03
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engg. (EIE) - 03
- Electronics & Communication Engg. (ECE) - 02
- Food Engineering & Technology (FET) - 01
- Mathematics (MATH) - 03
- Mechanical Engg. (ME) - 03
- Physics (PHY) - 02
- A few seats are also available under Full time without Fellowship and Part Time category in all the departments subject to recommendation of DRC.
SLIET PhD Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- The process of registration shall be online only. Candidates should log on to www.sliet.ac.in and then fill the basic details like Date of Birth (DOB), Address, State, City, Religion, Contact / Mobile Numbers and Email very carefully in the registration form given
- After successfully submitting Online Application Form for SET-2018, kindly note down your Form Number for future reference. The processing of Application Form will begin only after the successful payment of Application
- Mode of registration shall be ONLINE only:
- Online Application Fee (inclusive of GST@18%)
- - General & Other Categories (Boys): Rs.1420/-
- - General & Other Categories (Girls): Rs.950/-
- - SC/ ST (Boys and Girls): Rs.710/-
- Bank charges Extra
- Mode of Payment: Net Banking/Debit card/Credit card
- The REGISTRATION PAGE DULY FILLED IN/SIGNED should be sent through Registered Post/Speed Post to:
- Set Office, Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET), Longowal-148106, District Sangrur (Punjab). DO NOT SEND THE APPLICATION FORM BY ORDINARY POST/ COURIER Registration page duly filled in/signed can be submitted personally at SET OFFICE, SLIET, Longowal
For more information visit the website: www.sliet.net.in or www.sliet.ac.in
SLIET Longowal, (Deemed University - Estd by MHRD, Govt. of India), Longowal, Dist., Sangrur-148106 (Punjab) India, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: 01672-280072, Website www.sliet.ac.in or www.sliet.net.in