SLIET PhD Entrance Test (SET-V) 2022 – Eligibility, Fees, Exam Pattern, Selection Process
SLIET PhD Entrance Test (SET V) 2022 – Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) invites applications for admission to PhD Program for the academic year 2022. The admissions will be made through Sant Longowal Institute All India SLIET Entrance Test (SET-V) 2022.
Candidates wishing to apply for the PhD Program at Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology can check the details on dates, eligibility selection, application and more from the page below.
SLIET PhD Entrance Test (SET V) 2022
- Creative and productive enquiry is the basic concept underlying the research work. The award of the PhD. Degree is in respect of high achievements, independent research and application of scientific knowledge to the solution of scientific and technical problems
- The admission to Ph.D. Program (Full Time/ Part Time) will be strictly as per institute rules. The admission will be done in the following disciplines.
Disciplines under the PhD Program
- The award of the PhD Degree is in respect of high achievements, independent research and application of scientific knowledge to the solution of scientific and technical problems
- Admission to PhD Program (Part-Time/Full-Time) will be strictly as per institute rules. The admission will be done in the following disciplines:
- Chemical Engineering (CHE)
- Chemistry (CHY)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering (EIE)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Food Engineering & Technology (FET)
- Mathematics (MATH)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Physics (PHY)
- PhD Program is Available in following Categories
- Full Time – (With Fellowship)
- Full Time/Part Time – (Without Fellowship)
SLIET PhD Entrance Test 2022 Important Dates
- Start Online Application : 04th April 2022
- Last date to apply : 15th May 2022
- Examination Date : 12th June 2022 11.00 – 13.00 Hours
- Entrance Exam Result : 20th June 2022
- Date of Interview : 14th July 2022 9.00 A.M. onwards in respective Departments
- Final Result Declaration : 21st July 2022
- Counseling for Ph.D. : 28th July 2022 9.00 A.M. in PG Cell
SLIET PhD Entrance Test 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / Science / Humanities / Management with 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) in relevant disciplines (MCA degree is not eligible for Ph.D.in CSE).
- Master’s Degree holders or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, should be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/PwD (Differently-abled)/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time
- Eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures
SLIET PhD Entrance Test 2022 Application Process
- Candidates shall log on to www.sliet.ac.in or http://www.slietexam.co.in/ and click proceeds for Admission and then registration.
- Click on to NEW REGISTRATION and for already registered users, enter Login & Password.
- Online Registration is a 5 Step process. All Steps of Online Registration Process should be completed before the closing date as per the entrance notification. Incomplete application form or with wrong or deliberately concealed information is liable to be rejected without any intimation.
- Step 1. Registration & Personal Details
- Step 2. Upload Qualification Details
- Step 3. Upload Documents / Images
- Step 4. Fee Payment
- Step 5. Print Form.
- General & Other Categories (Boys) : Rs. 1750/*-
- General and Other Categories (Girls) : Rs.1250/-*-
- SC/ST Categories (Boys & Girls) : Rs.1000/-*-
- *18% GST & Bank Charges Extra
- Mode of payment : Netbanking, Debit and Credit Card
- Admission to the PhD Program will be based on Two Stage Process through:
- An ENTRANCE TEST (SET-V) shall be QUALIFYING with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. The Entrance Test shall be conducted at SLIET only; and
- Based on the number of candidates to be called for an interview, Dept. can set a higher cut off marks.
SLIET SET V 2022 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam : Online Mode
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Type of Question: Multiple Choice Questions
- The medium of entrance exam: English
- Total Question: 100 Questions
- Marking Scheme: No negative marking
- The interview will be applicable to the candidates who qualify SET-V and others who are EXEMPTED FROM APPEARING in SET-V as per 2.5(c)
- The admission will be given based on MERIT LIST, prepared on the basis of performance in interview/presentation/ viva-voce
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website