Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University MSc Physics Admissions 2018
MSc Physics Programme 2018
Department of Physics RKM Vivekananda University, Howrah, Kolkata has invited applications for Admission to M.Sc. Program in Physics for the academic year 2018 though an entrance test
M.Sc. Physics Course Details
- M.Sc. Physics is a 4-semester course, each semester consisting of nearly 20 weeks. The academic year, split into 2 semesters, spans July to June each year with semester suitable breaks
- The course is conducted at the Belur Main Campus, which enjoys the privilege of the serene atmosphere of Belur Math, ideally suited for academic activity.
Application Forms can be collected free of Charge from the University Office: 01st February to 10th March 2018
Last Date to Apply: 10th March 2018
Date of Entrance Exam: 17th March 2018
- Students who will be completing B.Sc. with Honours/Major in Physics during the current academic year or who have completed during the previous year, with at least 60% marks in the Honours/Major Subject (taking into consideration the marks obtained in the examinations conducted so far) from any university approved by UGC are eligible to apply
- SC/ST candidates will enjoy 5% concession in the minimum eligibility of marks
- The entrance examination will be held at the main campus of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University at Belur Math, Howrah-711202 (West Bengal)
- Candidates will be examined in the following subjects in Physics: classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, thermodynamics, special relativity, mathematical methods and electrodynamics
Pattern of Questions: short-type questions and/or simple problems to test conceptual understanding.
- Application Forms can be collected free of charge from the University office at Belur Main Campus in person from 01st February 2018 to 10th March 2018 during the office hours (from 10.00 am to 05.00 pm)
- Application form and Admit Card are also available online for download from the university website:
- Download Application Form
- Download Admit Card
- Do not send/submit the admit card with the application form
Submission of Application Forms
- Application forms completed in all respects should be submitted on or before 10th March 2018 (Saturday) either in person at the University Office in Belur Main Campus (office hours: 10.00 am to 05.00 pm) or sent by post to the address
- At the time of submission of completed applications, a fee of Rs.300/-should be paid in cash if the submission is in person; if sent by post, the application should be accompanied by a DD for Rs.300/- drawn in favour of ‘Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University’ payable at Belur Math, Howrah, preferably UBI or SBI
- Please write on the top of the envelope containing the application form M.Sc. Physics Admission
- Admission-cum-Registration Fee (one time): Rs.5000/-
- Tuition Fee: Rs.6000/- per semester
- Laboratory Fee: Rs.3000/- per semester; Examination Fee: Rs.1000/- per semester
- Identity Card: Rs.50/-
- Caution Deposit (refundable on completion of the course after deduction for damages, etc, if any): Rs.2000/-
- Fees payable at the time of admission: Rs. (5000+6000+3000+1000+50+2000) = Rs.17050/-
- Fees payable during each subsequent Semester (2nd, 3rd, and 4th): Rs. (6000+3000+1000) = Rs.10000/-
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University (RMVU), Howrah(Declared by Government of India as Deemed University under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956), Dept. of Physics, Belur Math, Howrah-711202 (West Bengal), Website www.phy.rkmvu.ac.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!