Rabindra Bharati University MFA and MA Program Admission 2019
Rabindra Bharati University announces Admission to Postgraduate Courses (MFA and M.A) under the Faculty of Visual Arts for session 2019
Rabindra Bharati University MFA and MA Admission 2019 - Rabindra Bharati University invites online applications for admission to Postgraduate Courses (MFA/M.A) of 2-year duration consisting of 4 Semesters of 6- month each in the following subjects under the Faculty of Visual Arts in the session 2019-2020.
Also See : MA Admissions
RBU MFA and MA Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Availability of online Admission form: 04th July 2019 to 11th July 2019 (up to 5.00 p.m.)
- Last date of online payment of application fees through Payment Gateway: 12th July 2019 (up to 4.00 p.m.)
- Publication list for admission test: 17th July 2019
- To download Admit Card from the University Website: 19th July 2019 to 21st July 2019
- Date of Written Test: 23rd July 2019 & 24th July 2019
- Publication result of Written Test: 30th July 2019
- Date of Viva-voce: 01st August 2019 & 02nd August 2019
- Publication of 1st Provisional Merit List: 07th August 2019 after 5.00 p.m.
- Provisional Admission of 1st Merit List through Payment Gateway: 08th August 2019 to 12th August 2019
- Commencement of Classes of provisionally admitted Students: 16th August 2019
- Confirmation of Admission through verification of original documents in the Faculty office: 21st August 2019
Also See : Latest Notifications
Eligibility Criteria for RBU MFA and MA Admission 2019
M.F.A.: (2 - year under semester system)
- Subjects: Painting, Sculpture, History of Art, Graphics - Printmaking and Applied Art.
- Eligibility: At least 50% marks in B.F.A./B.V.A. / B. Fine. or its equivalent from any U.G.C. recognized University. (Relaxation up to 10% for SC/ ST/PH candidates)
Note: Each candidate will be allowed to apply for one subject only.
M.A. in Museology (2-yr. self-financing under Semester System)
- Eligibility: Honours Graduate or its equivalent / Post Graduate with Honours in any subject from any UGC recognized University are eligible to apply.
- Admission to the M.F.A. programmes in the Subjects of Painting, Applied Art, Sculpture, Graphics and History of Art would be made through admission test. Total marks of Admission Test would 100. Admission Test would be taken in 2 (two) phases as noted below:
For the subjects of Applied Art, Painting, Graphics-Printmaking and Sculpture:
- (a) 1st Phase - Full marks: 25
- (i) Written test – 25 marks
- (b) 2nd Phase –Full marks: 75
- (i) Evaluation of works – 50 marks; (ii) Viva-voce- 25 marks
For the subject of History of Art:
- (a) 1st Phase - Full marks: 50
- (i) Written test – 50 marks
- (b) 2nd Phase –Full marks :50
- (i) Evaluation of works – 25 marks; (ii) Viva-voce – 25 marks
- The candidates obtaining at least 40% marks in the Written Test (30% for SC/ST and 36% for OBC- A&B candidates) would qualify in the 1st phase of Admission Test and only qualified candidates would be eligible for the Viva-voce and Evaluation of Works. The result of the qualified candidates would be published on the University website.
- In the 2nd phase of admission test, 40% (30% for SC/ST and 36% for OBC-A&B candidates) marks would be the qualifying marks in the Viva-voce and Evaluation of Works taken together.
- Aggregate of the total score (a + b = total score) would be counted towards preparation of merit lists which would be subject to verification. Only the marks obtained in the admission test will be counted towards preparation of merit list.
Admission to M.A. in Museology
- Admission to M.A. in Museology would be made through admission test and the detailed modalities of which would be notified at the time of publication of eligibility lists of candidates.
Reservation of Seats
- Reservation of seats for the reserved categories of ST/SC/OBC/PH will be as per the West Bengal Higher Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules, 2013.
- Reserved category candidates from the state other than West Bengal will be treated as unreserved category.
- Few seats are reserved in each course for Foreign / NRI students against a higher rate of tuition fees. In case of non-availability of Foreign / NRI students, Indian students may be considered in those seats against the same higher rate of tuition fees. For these seats, application will be invited after the admission of 2nd merit list. Such applications will have to be downloaded from the University website by entering the system generated application form number which has already been submitted for consideration of admission.
Application Fees and Course fees
- Application Processing Fee: Rs.250/-+ additional charge of Bank (Rs.150/- + additional charge of Bank for PWD candidates)
- Course Fees to be paid at the time of admission for 1st Semester:
(i) Subjects: Applied Art, Graphics-Printmaking, Painting, Sculpture, History of Art: Rs.1965/-+ additional Bank Charge and For Foreign Students: Rs. 5115/-+ additional Bank Charge
(ii) Subject: Museology: Rs.7815/- + additional Bank Charge and For Foreign Students: Rs. 14115/-+ additional Bank Charge.
Also See : Admission Notifications
RBU MFA and MA Admission 2019 Application Process
- The applicants are advised to follow the instructions noted hereunder while filling up the Application Forms online
- Online Application can be made on the University Website www.rbu.ac.in and www.admission.rbu.net.in from 04th July 2019 to 11th July 2019.
- During registration, applicants will be asked to provide an email id and mobile number, these must be valid ones because initial login password will be sent to the provided email id and mobile number via SMS, and in the future, all correspondence in this regard may be made to these email id and the given mobile no. via SMS.
- Applicants must provide valid email id & mobile number. else the registration process will not be completed.
- After successful login, applicant will be required to select course(s) he / she may wish to apply and check the eligible first. Once found eligible he / she can fill up rest of the Admission Form.
- After Submission of the application, applicant will be able to download or take print out of the filled up ‘Application Form’ bearing the AIN (Application Identification Number) and his / her other information relating to instructions for payment of Application Processing Fees through Payment Gateway.
- Application shall be summarily rejected, if payment is not made as per instructions given in the auto-generated Instruction Sheet for Payment.
- The automatically generated AIN (Application Identification Number) number shall be treated as unique identification number for an application during the admission process. Therefore, any Application Form erroneously downloaded and printed without automatically generated AIN (Application Identification Number) will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Application Processing Fees
- Step.1: The Applicant will be asked to click on the Payment Button. Once it is clicked on the Payment Button, the applicant will be redirected to the Payment Gateway for payment of requisite Application Processing Fees.
- Step.2: Any one of the following 3(three) methods for payment of Application Processing Fees can be opted:
- Online payment through Net Banking or Credit Cards or Debit Cards of any bank.
- Through Cash/Challan: A Pay-in-slip will have to be generated. The candidate can submit the fees through Cash/Challan in any of the branches of Allahabad Bank after 24 hours of printing the auto-generated Cash/ Challan.
- Through NEFT: A Pay-in-slip will have to be generated. The candidate can submit the fees through NEFT in any branch of the Bank in which he/she has his/her Bank Account.
- Candidates interested in admission will be required to collect all information regarding interview/test and admission dates in this regard from the University Website www.rbu.ac.in.
- The duly filled-in application form along with self-attested copies of all mark sheets, certificates and other relevant documents and copy of Bank payment receipt, has to be retained by the candidate.
Rabindra Bharati University, Emerald Bower Campus 56A, B.T. Road, Kolkata-700050, W.B., India, Email: email@example.com, Website www.rbu.ac.in