Pune University MSc Zoology Admission 2018 - Notification
Savitribai Phule Pune University MSc Zoology Admission 2018
Savitribai Phule Pune University MSc Zoology Admission 2018 - Department of Zoology, Savitribai Phule Pune University, has invited applications for admission to 2 years MSc Zoology offered for year 2018-19
- M.Sc Zoology
Duration of the Course: 02 years
No. of Seats: 26
Also See : Admission Notification
- Start date of online application: 4th May, 2018
- End date of online application: 2nd June 2018
- Last date of submission of application form: 5th June 2018
- Date of Entrance Test: 22ndh June 2018 (11.00 noon. to 2.15 p.m.)
- Date of declaration of result of the Entrance test:30th June 2018
- Date of publication of merit list: 2nd July, 2018
- Date of publication of successive merit list: 9th July 2018
- Date of admission: 9th July 2018 onwards
- Date of Commencement of the course: 15th July 2018
- B. Sc. Graduates of Pune University (Maharashtra Domicile) with Zoology as principal subjectwith 60 % marks OR
- B. Sc. Graduates of Pune University (Maharashtra Domicile) with Biotechnology, Microbiology, Physics, Chemistry, Botany as principal subject with Zoology as subsidiary subject with 60 % marks OR
- B. Sc. Graduates of any other University with Zoology /Life Sciences / Biological Sciences/Animal Sciences etc. as principal subject. with 60 % marks
- A relaxation of 5% marks will be considered for reserved candidates who are domiciles of Maharashtra.
- SC 13%
- ST 07%
- DT(A) 03%
- NT(B) 2.5%
- NT(C) 3.5%
- NT(D) 02%
- OBC 19%
- SBC (as per Govt. of Maharashtra rule)
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically handicapped Students
- 5% Seats are reserved for Defense Personnel’s child/Ex-Serviceman Child.
- 30% Seats are reserved for female Candidates for graduate Courses
- One Migrant student from Jammu & Kashmir, per course over and above the sanctioned intake capacity will be admitted as per the merit in the entrance test.
- Savitribai Phule Pune University students: 50 % of the marks obtained in the Entrance Examination + 50% of the marks secured in the subject Botany at S.Y. & T.Y. level.
- Other University Students: Based only on marks obtained in Entrance Examination.
- Nature of Questions Objective and descriptive
- Number and names of sections in Question paper
- Section I – multiple-choice questions on reasoning and comprehension.
- Section II – multiple-choice questions in Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at 10 + 2 level
- Section III – short answer questions in Zoology, Biology, Microbiology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics at B.Sc. level.
- Section wise weight age of marks
- Section I – 30 marks
- Section II – 60 marks
- Section III – 90 marks
- Number of Questions
- Section I – 30
- Section II – 60
- Section III – 25
- Marks per question for correct answer
- Section I – 1 mark for each answer
- Section II – 1 mark for each answer
- Section III – 6 marks for each answer
- Total Marks 180
- Negative Marking - For section I & II, 0.25 marks for incorrect answer
- Department of Zoology, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune 411 007.
- Open Category and Outside Maharashtra State Candidates - Rs.500/-
- Reserved category Candidates from the State of Maharashtra – Rs350/-
- Availability of Online forms for admission to M.Sc Zoology. at https://campus.unipune.ac.in from 2nd May to 26th May 2018
- For any information on the nature, scope and prospects of the course, candidates should visit the website https://www.unipune.ac.in/dept/science/zoology/zoology_webfiles/admissions.htm
Savitribai Phule Pune University
Department of Zoology, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune: - 411 007, Website https://www.unipune.ac.in/dept/science/zoology/zoology_webfiles/admissions.htm