Pune University MSc Bioinformatics Admission 2018
Savitribai Phule Pune University MSc Bioinformatics Admission 2018
Pune University MSc Bioinformatics Admission 2018- Bioinformatics Centre, Savitribai Phule Pune University, has invited applications for admission to the MSc Bioinformatics offered for year 2018-19
About Bioinformatics Centre
- Bioinformatics Centre at the Savitribai Phule Pune University (Formerly University of Pune) was established in 1987, under the BTIS Network project of Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, to carry out research activities in various areas of bioinformatics.
- Bioinformatics is a multidisciplinary area of science and has emerged as a prime area for research and development in both, industry as well as academia.
- Savitribai Phule Pune University (Formerly University of Pune) is a highly ranked University at national level and the Bioinformatics Centre of this University offers M.Sc. program in Bioinformatics to meet the requirement of trained human resource in industry, academic and research institutions
Also See : Admission Notification
- Start date of online application: 16th April 2018
- End date of online application: 1st June 2018
- Last date of submission of application form (Hard Copy): 8th June, 2018
- Date of Entrance Test: 13th June, 2018 (11.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.)
- Date of declaration of result of the Entrance test:18th June, 2018
- Date of publication of merit list: 25th June 2018
- Date of publication of successive merit list: 2nd July, 2018
- Date of admission: 26th June 2018 onwards
- Date of Commencement of the course: 16th July 2018
- MSc Bioinformatics
Duration of the Course: 02 years
No. of Seats: 30
- The Candidates having a Bachelors’ degree in various disciplines such as B.Sc., B.Sc. (Agri.), B.C.S., B.E., B. Tech., B. Pharm, M.B.B.S., B.A.M.S., B.H.M.S. B.V. Sc. are eligible for admission to this course.
- Candidates should have secured First class with minimum 60% marks or Grade A with a minimum CGPA of 6.0 on the scale of 0-10.
- Relaxation of 5% marks or 0.5 GPA on a 10 point scale will be considered for reserved candidates who are domiciles of Maharashtra.
- SC 13%
- ST 07%
- DT(A) 03%
- NT(B) 2.5%
- NT(C) 3.5%
- NT(D) 02%
- OBC 19%
- SBC (as per Govt. of Maharashtra rule)
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically handicapped Students
- 5% Seats are reserved for Defense Personnel’s child/Ex-Serviceman Child.
- 30% Seats are reserved for female Candidates for graduate Courses
- One Migrant student from Jammu & Kashmir, per course over and above the sanctioned intake capacity will be admitted as per the merit in the entrance test.
- The top ten (10) students admitted to the M.Sc. Bioinformatics course are awarded the D.B.T. fellowships of Rs.2,000/- each per month. The number and quantum of the fellowships will depend on availability of funds. The initial award (Semester I) of the scholarship/studentship would be based on the performance by the candidate in the entrance test and its continuance would be based on the academic performance of the students in the subsequent semesters.
- Nature of Questions: Objective type, Multiple Choice Questions
- Number and names of sections in Question paper:
- The entrance test will consist of ONE paper having TWO sections.
- Total Duration: 120 Minutes (2 hours)
- Section I: Will consist of 30 multiple choice questions (MCQ) covering numerical ability, verbal and nonverbal reasoning and English. All questions in this section will be compulsory.
- Section II: Will consist of 5 subsections for the subjects as listed below:
- II-A: Life Sciences
- II-B: Chemistry
- II-C: Physics
- II-D: Mathematics & Statistics
- II-E: Computer Science
- The language of the examination will be English only
- Section wise weightage of marks: Section I: 30% & Section II: 70%.
- Marks per question: 1 for correct answer
- -0.25 for wrong answer (negative marking)
- Total Marks: 100 (Section I: 30 & Section II: 70).
- Each candidate is expected to attempt a total of 70 questions in Section II. For this, he/she would choose any one of the subsections (as listed above) and attempt 50 questions from this chosen subsection. Additionally, the candidate would attempt any 5 questions from each of the remaining 4 subsections. (For example, a candidate may choose to attempt 50 questions from subsection II-C, and attempt 5 questions each from subsections II-A, II-B, II-D & II-E).
- All the questions in section II will be multiple choice questions (MCQ). These questions will be based on the syllabi of bachelor's degree level courses of Savitribai Phule Pune University (formerly University of Pune)
- Bioinformatics Centre, Savitribai Phule Pune University (Formerly University of Pune), Pune 411007. (Nearby Landmarks: Department of Management Science-PUMBA & National Center for Cell Sciences - NCCS)
- Open Category and Outside Maharashtra State Candidates - Rs.500/-
- Reserved category Candidates from the State of Maharashtra – Rs350/-
- Availability of Online forms for admission MSc Bioinformatics at. https://campus.unipune.ac.in from 16th April May to 1st June 2018
- For any information on the nature, scope and prospects of the course, candidates should visit the website: https://bioinfo.net.in
Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Bioinformatics Centre, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007, Website : https://bioinfo.net.in