PIMS MPH, Diploma in Optometry and Ophthalmic Assistant Program Admission 2019
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences announces MPH, Diploma in Optometry and Ophthalmic Assistant Admission 2019
PIMS MPH, Diploma Optometry and Ophthalmic Assistant Admission 2019 - Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) (Deemed University) Loni invites applications from the eligible candidates for the admission into 2-year (four Semesters) Master of Public Health (MPH) & Diploma in Optometry & Ophthalmic Assistance (D. Opt & OA) for the academic year 2019-20.
PIMS MPH, Diploma Optometry and Ophthalmic Assistant Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for submission of filled in Admission Forms: 20th July 2019
- Admission of Selected Candidates: 25th July 2019
- Academic Session Begins: 1st August 2019
See: MPH Admissions 2019
Eligibility Criteria for PIMS MPH, Diploma Optometry and Ophthalmic Assistant Admission 2019
Master of Public Health - (MPH) Program
- The Master of Public Health – a two year full-time postgraduate degree course, which is recognized by UGC, Ministry of HRD, Government of India, is developed in the context of positioning qualified and skilled professionals who can execute and monitor National & International Public Health Programs such as WHOs “Heath for All”, Government of India's “National Rural Health Mission (NRHM)” and other Public Health Programs
- Duration: Two Academic Years (Four Semesters)
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Faculty: Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
- Intake: 10 students per year
Course Structure & Evaluation Pattern:
- The course is structured on Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) as per the UGC guidelines and follows both Semester End Examination (University) and Comprehensive and Continuous Internal Assessment (Institutional).
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline with minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC) Marks.
- All foreign or international university degree holders should submit their equivalence certificate from Association of Indian University (AIU) or respective statutory bodies like MCI, DCI, INC etc.
- Candidates with minimum 50% marks (minimum 45% for SC/ST/OBC) in the above subjects from any Indian University or their equivalent recognized degree from foreign University.
- Those satisfying the eligibility requirements will be included in the selection process. Selection for Admissions in the course will be done purely on merit basis i.e. marks obtained at the qualifying examinations.
Diploma in Optometry and Ophthalmic Assistant (D.Opt & OA) Program
- The Diploma in Optometry & Ophthalmic Assistant is a visual health care course, where students learn to deal with the examination, diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases and disorders of the visual system.
- Duration of the Course: 2 years
- Intake Capacity: 10 students per year
- 10+2 or its equivalent with Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with minimum 45% marks. SC, ST & OBC category students the minimum marks required will be 40%.
- Age limits of the Students: Minimum 17 years of age.
- Admission is done purely on merit in the qualifying examination, first-cum-first served and a formal interview, after submitting all documents and verifications.
PIMS MPH, Diploma Optometry and Ophthalmic Assistant Admission 2019 Application Process
- Those who are interested to take admission into the aforementioned courses should obtain the Prospectus and Application form, which can be obtained through the following ways:
- By sending a request letter to the Director, Centre for Social Medicine along with D.D. for Rs. 300 in favour of Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences- Deemed to be University.
- By downloading from the website www.pravara.com and submitting the downloaded Application Form along with a D.D. for Rs. 300/-
- From the Counter of Center for Social Medicine on cash payment of Rs. 300/- on working days from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Mode of Payment:
- At the time of Admission, the candidate will have to bring a demand draft of entire Annual fees mentioned above in favour of “Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences, Loni”, drawn on bank as indicated below:
- State Bank of India Loni Branch; Branch code-6322, Payable at Loni-413736, Tal - Rahata, Dist- Ahmednagar, (MS)
- Central Bank of India-Pravara Medical Trust Loni Branch; Branch code-3278, Payable at Loni-413736, Tal- Rahata, Dist- Ahmednagar, (MS)
- Any Nationalized Bank, Payable at Pune- Service Branch
The Prospectus (Information Brochure & Application form) can be downloaded from www.pravara.com
PIMS (Deemed to be University)
Centre for Social Medicine, Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed University) A/p: Loni Tal:Rahata, Dist:Ahmednagar (Maharashtra ), Pin: 413736 India, Tel: +91-2422-273600, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org