Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2020, Application, Dates
Jadavpur University announces Admission to PhD Program for January 2020 Session
Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2020 - Jadavpur University invites applications from Indian nationals for admission to the PhD Program in the Departments of Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, Education, English, Film Studies, History, Philosophy, Physical Education for the academic Session 2020 (January).
The students those who have applied for the session January 2020 for the same need not to apply again
Eligibility Criteria for Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2020
- The application for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme is to be made to the Registrar in the prescribed form.
- A person who has obtained a Master's degree of at least two-year (or 4-Semester) duration, in any discipline, or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree (such as MBBS with Master’s Degree, MBA, MCA, MD) by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, such as grade point of 6.25 in 10-point scale for Master’s in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture/ Computer
- Application as per AICTE norms) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC/AICTE/State Government from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September 1991
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- A person who has obtained a Post-graduate Diploma/Degree of less than two years’ duration from any University or Institution recognized by this University is eligible for application for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program provided that such candidate has completed at least a total of five years’ of graduate and postgraduate study in a recognized university or Institution
- All applicants must have completed results of 2-Year MA or equivalent degree from any university/institute recognized by the UGC.
- Applicants who have obtained an MA or equivalent degree of less than two (2) years’ duration, must have completed at least a total of five (5) years of under-graduate and postgraduate study in a recognized university/institute.
- Candidates will be selected through a written test of two hour duration (two and a half hours for Economics) and an interview to be held in the respective Departments.
- The candidate who has an M.Phil (Regular two year course) degree and was admitted to the M.Phil programme through a written test, or have qualified NET/SET shall be entitled to get exemption from written admission test and shall be called directly for an interview.
- All Applicants must bring in a Statement of Purpose relevant for his/her intended field of research (not more than 500 words) at the time of interview.
- Applicants for PhD Program in the Department of Economics shall be required to submit two letters of recommendation in the prescribed format in sealed envelopes at the time of interview in addition to the Statement of Purpose.
- Applicants will be selected through a written test of two-hour duration and an interview to the held in the Department of Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, Education, English, Film Studies, History, Philosophy, Physical Education.
Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Candidates should apply in the prescribed form available on the website www.jaduniv.edu.in
- Candidates have to pay the application fees Rs.500/- (Per Subject) online through SBI Collect System using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
- After payment, the downloaded form is to be submitted on and from 22nd November 2019, along with an online payment receipt and all testimonials to the Ph.D Cell, Arts, Subarna Jayanti Bhavan, Ground floor, Jadavpur University Main Campus, Kolkata-700032
Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2020 Dates
- Last Date for Online Payment is 21st November 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Form is 22nd November 2019 (04.30 pm)
For more information, Please visit Website www.jaduniv.edu.in
Jadavpur University, Kolkata
Faculty of Arts, Subarna Jayanti, Bhavan, Ground floor, Jadavpur University Main campus, Kolkata 700032, website www.jaduniv.edu.in.
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India