Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2019, Dates, Application
Jadavpur University Admission to Ph.D Programme 2019 Session (December)
Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2019 - Applications are invited from Indian nationals for admission to the Ph.D. Programme in the Departments of Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, Education, English, Film Studies, History, Philosophy, Physical Education for the academic Session (December) 2019.
The students those who have applied for the session December 2019 for the same need not to apply again
Get details on Jadavpur University (JU), Kolkata PhD admission 2019 such as eligibility criteria, application process, admission procedure, exam dates and much more.
Also See: Phd Admission 2019
- The Last Date for online payment is: 21st October 2019
- The Last Date for submission of form is 22nd October 2019 (4.30 pm)
- The application for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programme is to be made to the Registrar in the prescribed form.
- A person who has obtained Master's degree of at least two-year (or 4-Semester) duration, in any discipline, or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree (such as MBBS with Master’s Degree, MBA, MCA, MD) by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, such as grade point of 6.25 in 10-point scale for Master’s in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture/ Computer
- Application as per AICTE norms) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC/AICTE/State Government from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- A person who has obtained a Post-graduate Diploma/Degree of less than two years’ duration from any University or Institution recognized by this University is eligible for application for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme provided that such candidate has completed at least a total of five years’ of graduate and post-graduate study in a recognized university or Institution.
- All applicants must have completed results of 2-Year MA or equivalent degree from any university/institute recognized by the UGC.
- Applicants who have obtained an MA or equivalent degree of less than two (2) years’ duration, must have completed at least a total of five (5) years of under-graduate and post-graduate study in a recognized university/institute.
- Candidates will be selected through a written test of two hour duration (two and a half hours for Economics) and an interview to be held in the respective Departments.
- The candidate who has an M.Phil (Regular two year course) degree and was admitted to the M.Phil programme through a written test, or have qualified NET/SET shall be entitled to get exemption from written admission test and shall be called directly for an interview.
- All Applicants must bring in a Statement of Purpose relevant for his/her intended field of research (not more than 500 words) at the time of interview.
- Applicants for Ph.D. programme in the Department of Economics shall be required to submit two letters of recommendations in the prescribed format in sealed envelopes at the time of interview in addition to the Statement of Purpose.
- Applicants will be selected through a written test of two-hour duration and an interview to the held in the Department of Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, Education, English, Film Studies, History, Philosophy, Physical Education.
- Candidates should apply in the prescribed form available on the website www.jaduniv.edu.in.
- Candidates have to pay the application fees Rs. 500/- (Per Subject) online through SBI Collect System using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- After payment the downloaded form is to be submitted on and from September 26, 2019, along with a online payment receipt and all testimonials to the Ph.D Cell, Arts, Subarna Jayanti Bhavan, Ground floor, Jadavpur University Main campus, Kolkata 700032.
For more information, Please visit Website www.jaduniv.edu.in
Jadavpur University, Kolkata
Faculty of Arts, Subarna Jayanti, Bhavan, Ground floor, Jadavpur University Main campus, Kolkata 700032, website www.jaduniv.edu.in.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India