Patna University PhD Admission Test 2018 - Dates, Application
Patna University Ph.D Admission 2018 through Entrance Test
Patna University invites online application from the candidates for Ph.D. Admission Test 2018 schedule to be held on February 24, 2018 for admission into Ph.D program for the academic session 2018
Test will be conducted in following subjects:
Faculty of Humanities - Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Maithili, Bengali, Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Philosophy, Master of Journalism & Mass Communication, Music
Faculty of Social Sciences- History, Pol. Science, Home Science, A.I.H. & Archaeology, Sociology, Economics, Psychology, Geography, P.M. & IR, Rural Studies, Master of Social Work, Women’s Studies
Faculty of Science - Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Geology, Mathematics, Statistics, Biochemistry, Environmental Science, Bio-technology, Herbal Chemistry
Faculty of Commerce - Commerce, Management (MBA), Master of Finance Control (MFC)
Faculty of Law – Law
Faculty of Education – Education
Last Date of Online Application Form: 14th February 2018
Issue Date of Admit Card Form: 20th February 2018 onward
Date of Examination: 24th February 2018
- Candidates having master degree with at least of 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or on equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% Io 50%, or on equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/EBC/OBC/Differently-abled categories of candidates
- A candidate shall ordinarily be permitted to pursue research for the Ph.D. degree in the subject in which he/she holds Master’s degree.
Exemptions from the Ph.D. Admission Test (PAT)
- Candidates who have secured grants for research such as fellowship/scholarship/associateship etc. by qualifying UGC/NET/CSIRNET/GATE/MHRD Scholarships/Teacher Fellowship/ DBT/ICMR/ICAR /DSTINSPIRE/CSSIR, ICHR etc
- Assistant Professors, Associate Professor and Professor who have been appointed on substantive post in the UGC pay scale in the teaching departments or the University or a constituent college of the University who have completed their probation successfully with an experience of at least two years of uninterrupted service would be considered under this category. Teachers appointed in self finance courses will not be exempted from the test
- Non-teaching employees of the University, who are holding substantive appointment for more than five years having at least 55% marks in Master’s degree in the subject concerned and with at least two research papers published in any reputed refereed journal or journals identitied by the UGC would be considered under this category
PAT 2018 Pattern
The PAT is a written test comprising two papers of 100 marks each.
Paper I - 100 marks – objective/ multiple choice questions on general and research aptitude.
Paper II - 100 marks – subjective type in the subject concerned based on syllabus (excluding elective papers) of the Post-Graduate courses of the Patna University.
Interview - 20 marks
The minimum qualifying marks for written test will be as follows:
For General candidates – 50% aggregate marks
For Reserved category candidates – 45% aggregate marks
The selection of the candidate will be on the basis of marks obtained in PAT and interview combined together
Date of Entrance Test – 24.02.2018
Time of Examination
Paper I (objective) – 11.30 A.M. to 12.30 P.M. (1 Hour)
Paper II (subjective) – 12.45 P.M. to 2.45 P.M. (2 Hours)
Application Fee for the Admission Test
- For SC/ST categories: - Rs. 700/-
- For all other categories - Rs. '1,000/-
Candidate can apply online at http://patnauniversity.ac.in/
STEP - 1
Pay fee Online to State Bank of India and get SB Collect Reference Number
STEP - 2
Apply Online for Ph.D. Admission Test (PAT) Application - 2018 with the above SB Collect Reference Number
STEP - 3
Print your Online Ph.D. Admission Test (PAT) Application
STEP - 4
Download and Print Admit Card after due date
For further details Please visit the website: www.patnauniversity.ac.in.
Patna University, Patna
Official Address: Registrar, Patna University, Patna-800005 (Bihar), Ph. No.: 0612-2678008, Website www.patnauniversity.ac.in
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more Admission Notification.
|Mangalayatan University PhD MPhil Admission 2019 - Apply Now|